We will be #1 ranked test team for few more years !!!

velu

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Even after annual ranking update at the end of Apr 2019? Post the update a two of our series wis in 2015-16 (vs SA and SL) will go out and this year’s losses in SA and Eng will have lot more weightage.

I do not have a good feeling about that update. We will most likely move to number 2.

Ranking predictor predicts that we will be no.1 until the end of the ashes no matter what the other results are as long we win this match. Don't know if the update is accounted for. 

6 hours ago, prinzo said:

Is rankings really that important. The main focus for India here is the loss to South Africa and England. And the soon the be great Australian series

True and hopefully we will address those issues ,the opening issue was a major one and I think we have overhauled it somewhat. 

Looks like number 1 will be maintained for another two years, this will take India to 50 months consecutive

Then if batting is settled, then another 2 years at no.1 possible by drawing or beating Aus and Eng away

Possible to smash Aus record of 74 months consecutive at no.1 

Is rankings really that important. The main focus for India here is the loss to South Africa and England. And the soon the be great Australian series

You are right they need too win in SA first.if that was five test series it would have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20 hours ago, velu said:

If we win 3-1 , then we will have 118 points. 

Considering we dont have any tough tours ( sa/eng ) , we will retain #1 spot for quite a long time . :aha: 

image.png

Isn't WTC going to start soon? And in that all teams will start from zero?

In that case India will be the team ending at number one at the old ranking system and that is ensured.