Austin 3:!6

NZ will thrash us in ODI series next month

Okay so this is the last test and we dont play any until world cup. Now the focus shifts on white ball cricket and there is a lot to fix as far as Indian cricket team is concerned. We will be playing 3 ODIs against Aussies starting next week and should do fine.

But the real test will be against Kiwis next month. They are a top ODI side at home and the way they are manhandling SL now, there is plenty for India to worry. But it will be also good in a way that undeserving players will be found out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Okay so this is the last test and we dont play any until world cup. Now the focus shifts of white ball cricket and there is a lot to fix as far as Indian cricket team is concerned. We will be playing 3 ODIs against Aussies starting next week and should do fine.

But the real test will be against Kiwis next month. They are a top ODI side at home and the way they are manhandling SL now, there is plenty for India to worry. But it will be also good in a way that undeserving players will be found out.

Even i think so . Aus & NZ will show us whether selectors & TM are right in their assessment of including experienced players instead of in form players.

If MSD,  Raydu & Kedar perform very well , then they should play WC also. 

If they fail and still seectors & TM go for them then, 

1. Selectors & TM should take all the blame as these serieses showed their thinking was wrong .

2. We would be clear well before WC what would be result in WC.

Good  for indian criket in long run.

14 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Okay so this is the last test and we dont play any until world cup. Now the focus shifts of white ball cricket and there is a lot to fix as far as Indian cricket team is concerned. We will be playing 3 ODIs against Aussies starting next week and should do fine.

You sure ? I read of certain players that provide "value" to the team in terms of advice and hence are needed, never mind that they suck at playing shots since some time. 

Remember, before world cup 2015 we played a tri series in Australia including Eng. Stuart Binny was opening bowling there

But the thrashing in that series helped us to retrospect and we dropped most deadwoods from the actual world cup.

Hope this guaranteed NZ thrashing will help us to sort our ODI team as well before the world cup.

Just saw the 2 games, both were high scoring n small ground
Saalo ko lene ke dene na padd humari batting ke aage .........we have 2 x-factors in our bowling bumrah n kuldeep
Our ODI batting is overhyped in terms of slogging abilities. NZ have got much better strikers - Munro, Guptil, Nichols, Anderson, Neesham list is too long.

9 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Remember, before world cup 2015 we played a tri series in Australia including Eng. Stuart Binny was opening bowling there emoji23.png

But the thrashing in that series helped us to retrospect and we dropped most deadwoods from the actual world cup.

Hope this guaranteed NZ thrashing will help us to sort our ODI team as well before the world cup.

It was almost the same squad. Jadeja was missing due to injury.

We had Rayudu, Axar Patel and Binny in they WC team :laugh:

Comparing with that sqauad, looks like we will have the same core - Kohli, Dhoni, Rohit, Dhawan, Jadeja, Bhuvi, Shami.

Among batsmen - instead of Rahane and Raina, we will have DK and Jadhav.

For spinners, Instead of Ashwin and Axar, Kuldeep and Chahal 

All rounder - Pandya for Binny

Pacers - Mohit and Umesh go out, Bumrah and Khaleel in.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Okay so this is the last test and we dont play any until world cup. Now the focus shifts on white ball cricket and there is a lot to fix as far as Indian cricket team is concerned. We will be playing 3 ODIs against Aussies starting next week and should do fine.

Everybody manhandles SL these days so that's no yardstick.  But Kiwis have a reasonably good ODI formulat for their team.  And will be a good test.  For the sake of our WC winning chances, I really hope they bash us around and make us chase a few 360+ scores.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Everybody manhandles SL these days so that's no yardstick.  But Kiwis have a reasonably good ODI formulat for their team.  And will be a good test.  For the sake of our WC winning chances, I really hope they bash us around and make us chase a few 360+ scores.  

Our bowling is quite good, 360 is a possibility only if  both Bumrah and Kuldeep are not playing

Edited by SK_IH

3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

As long as we have Dhoni, Rayudu and whichever other hack stinking up our middle order, we won't do anything. Ideally, we need:

1) Dhawan

2) Rohit

3) Kohli

4) Shaw

5)Pant

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

Something like that. But we are guaranteed to have Dhoni with his 20(40)

If Sri Lanka can give the kiwis a run for their money, then I don't think they are exceptional. India should be able to beat them. Remember they don't have good bowlers for ODIs. Southee and to some extent even Boult can go for a lot on flat decks. Spinners are ok. They will need to get all 3 of India's top3 fairly quickly to win. Munro is the main concern for India. 

1 hour ago, Dil Dil India said:

As long as we have Dhoni, Rayudu and whichever other hack stinking up our middle order, we won't do anything. Ideally, we need:

1) Dhawan

2) Rohit

3) Kohli

4) Shaw

5)Pant

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

Something like that. But we are guaranteed to have Dhoni with his 20(40)

Why is the best ODI bowler is missing?

Bumrah, Kuldeep, Pandya will make a huge difference to this team. Batting is taken care of by Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli. To be fair to Rayudu, he made the most of the chances given to him while others didnt deliver. Pant should have been there in place of Dhoni.

I reckon its a decent team overall.

13 hours ago, sandeep said:

I know but both should be rested.  No need to "win" these glorified warm-up games.

Kuldeep should play everything. He isn't a fast bowler or playing a lot to be rested.

9 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Parera smashed 13 sixes ...THIRTEEN !!!!! against their bowlers.Their bowling is shyte and we will chase 350 if we have to. No thrashing at all.

They dropped 6 catches, that doesn't happen all the time

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Kuldeep should play everything. He isn't a fast bowler or playing a lot to be rested.

For him its not about rest but more about exposure.  And about building bench strength with spin.  Ideally I would have loved to have Krunal Pandya already play 5-7 ODIs, so that we can evaluate another alternative to Kedar Jadhav.  No reason why a washington sundar can't play instead of Kuldeep right?

Looking at the patta pitches dished out in one dayers in NZ and rest for haz, starc, cummins in Aus side , i think even Raydu, Kedar 

may become tigers and hang on in the team for WC ...  

Am worried .

Edited by prudent_kreeda

Like others in this thread even I feel thrashing is good before the WC.

Even if we lose every loi match before WC, we still enter the tourney with the aura of team consisting of Rohit, dhawan, pandya, bumrah, Kuldeep and chahal lead by vk.

Only England with their master blasters are stronger team than us.

17 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Anyone but raydud and thalaiva

Dhoni has to go and Pant should be playing but Rayudu we have to be fair is far better than Rahul at no4.I would like someone like Yuvraj emerge who could bat if score is 60/3 and score a hundred like Ross Taylor did today or have ability hit  quickfire 50 in death.

I don't see anyone like that in system.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

glad Bumrah was rested. Should have rested Kohli as well. Need to access our strength. No better time in some harsh conditions.

I think even if Kohli wishes he can't rest.. commercial considerations.. sponsors will be up in arms if Kohli does not play..

2 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Rayudu(to test if he actually can play)

Gill

Pant

Pandya

What makes you think Gill is ready, I dont think he is ready or moving forward he will do anything in middle order.Pandya is already in the team. Pant should have been in team moronic selection to drop him.Dhoni has become too big which I don't like, I want him to kicked out of the team .

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Dhoni has to go and Pant should be playing but Rayudu we have to be fair is far better than Rahul at no4.I would like someone like Yuvraj emerge who could bat if score is 60/3 and score a hundred like Ross Taylor did today or have ability hit  quickfire 50 in death.

I don't see anyone like that in system.

DK has the potential but can he..

Mayank and Gill look poised to do this but will they get selected?

If Jadhav rediscovers fitness and his initial form upon debut he can do as well but will he??

46 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Kohli should be rested and play gill.Boult ,ferguson will expose born again biryani and grandpa whitebeard once and for all.

:laugh:

13 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

DK has the potential but can he..

Mayank and Gill look poised to do this but will they get selected?

If Jadhav rediscovers fitness and his initial form upon debut he can do as well but will he??

DK is useless, Mayank and Gill are openers and you want them to play in middle order, Answer is no they won't be any good there.

Jadhav is already there if he is fit. Fact is there is no great talent in the middleorder in domestic cricket.

india will be without bumrah's 50 overs our spiners has to bowl better line i am glad Kaul not in ODI but siraj will spanks record runs in his 20 overs in 2nd and 3rd game 

i think we will win 2/1

Edited by Starpower