Pant is another Adam Gilchrist: Ponting !!!

velu

21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Me and @Muloghonto were in the minority who wanted him to polish his 'keeping more before becoming the 1st choice wickie in test cricket, but I have been advocating for him being 1st choice 'keeper in LOI since mid-2017.

He probably isn't suited for ODIs. Might get some success in T20Is.

It seems that tests will be his strongest format as he has good technique and it's easy to get away with aggressive batting in tests.

9 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Cant remember who but someone once wrote/said umat akmal will end up with better numbers than virat.

thats not far from miandads comment that inzi ( + running ) is million times better than sachin 

The irony about Cricket being a team game, most matches are won in individual brilliance especially in the limited overs domain. 

Pant is an impact player, there is no doubt about it.. I want to see him playing white ball cricket, and see where does he come in the pecking order 

Pressure is mounting on Dhoni. You look at Twitter, other social media platforms, people are questioning Pant's exclusion from ODI side. Pant hasn't cracked the ODI  code yet and Idon't know what is Pant's best position in LOIs but having seen his patience and brains in last 2 test innings, he is still an option in the middle order.

Dhoni can do any amount of backchodi of guidance from behind the stumps but if he continues his disastrous run with the bat, I ll not be surprised if the clamour regarding Dhoni's place finds more voice. DK is anyway better choice than Dhoni considering their current form.