Dhoni vs Rohit Sharma: who is the better test batsman in SENA countries?

I was watching highlights of the one IPL that was played in RSA and it struck me just how good Rohit and Dhoni are when in full flow and I wondered which of the two is the better test batsman in SENA. While Rohit is in the top 10-12 most talented players to play for Mumbai Indians, Dhoni manufactured his own technique to find success. Below are their respective test stats in SENA:

Rohit Sharma: 588 runs in 24 innings @ 25.36 with 3 half-centuries and a high score of 72

MS Dhoni:       1731 runs in 60 innings @ 31.47 with 13 half-centuries and a high score of 92

Fair to say that neither has done justice to enormous potential as a batsman in SENA, but which of the 2 has done better?

2 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

Rohit was talented

he did not improve his weakness. so basically he is a failed test cricketer.

Would you say Rohit is one of the most talented ever? For me, he is easily top 20 of all time to play for Mumbai Indians, probably top 15 in terms of talent. I don't think he's a failed cricketer. He just needs to be given 20-25 tests more to prove his immense talent.

3 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Would you say Rohit is one of the most talented ever? For me, he is easily top 20 of all time to play for Mumbai Indians, probably top 15 in terms of talent. I don't think he's a failed cricketer. He just needs to be given 20-25 tests more to prove his immense talent.

I would say, he is easily top 20 ( or probably top 15 ) of all time to play for team India in terms of pure talent. Saying "Mumbai Indians" is an understatement or inaccurate IMHO. 

1 minute ago, sarcastic said:

I would say, he is easily top 20 ( or probably top 15 ) of all time to play for team India in terms of pure talent. Saying "Mumbai Indians" is an understatement or inaccurate IMHO. 

After a bit of contemplation, I may just agree with you there. He is arguably top 10 when it comes to test players from the subcontinent in terms of talent.

Edited by Dil Dil India