M. Hussey's text message to D. Hussey

fineleg

Australian cricketer David Hussey is flattered but embarrassed to know that he attracted a higher price than his star compatriots such as captain Ricky Ponting and Brad Hodge at the players' auction for Indian Premier League franchises. Hussey, who has been purchased by Kolkata franchise for UDS 625,000, said he initially thought the price was a joke as it was 300,000 Aus dollars more than Ponting and 250,000 Aus dollar higher than legend Shane Warne. "It was indescribable. I got told and then sat and said 'Are you taking the mickey out of me?' They said it was genuine... it's just remarkable. It's very flattering," Hussey said. But he was surprised that his Victorian teammate Brad Hodge, who has more international experience, was overlooked. "I just don't understand it. He's one of the best Twenty20 players in the world, no question. His record for Lancashire and for Victoria is second to none. It doesn't make any sense at all," he said. "I'm very surprised and I sort of feel a bit embarrassed. I think he (Hodge) is a better Twenty20 player than myself and he's been overlooked. But I'm sure when the second round comes, when top-up players are required he'll get picked up. He'd have to," he was quoted as saying by the 'Herald Sun'. Hussey said his brother Mike, an established Test star for Australia who has been rated at USD 381,000 by the Chennai franchise of IPL, was stunned to know the difference in their prices. "He actually sent me a text message this morning and said, 'I can't believe you're worth double what I am,'" Hussey said.

cannot judge on 1 game alone.
True. I wasn't judging that but when Mike Hussey was bought for a smaller amount, the reasoning was that he was more of a test player than a big hitter and I thought he played phenomenal - I was very much surprised at how he played - and most of the hits were clean too. Awesome stuff.

True. I wasn't judging that but when Mike Hussey was bought for a smaller amount' date=' [b']the reasoning was that he was more of a test player than a big hitter and I thought he played phenomenal - I was very much surprised at how he played - and most of the hits were clean too. Awesome stuff.
i don't think that was the real reason..it had more to do with the availability of the D hussey for all the matches..M hussey won't be available for all the matches....n then there was also uncertainty over AUS tour of pak.