Pakistan's Skipper complain about lack of pace in their attack

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

SA  pacers weren't bowling at an average speed of 145 k.    :phehe:

Their average speeds were more in the 137 k to 140 k mark, leaving Philander who must have averaged in the high 120s.

Both Rabada and Olivier bowled lots of deliveries in the 132 k to 137 k range.  But they bowled 137 k to 147 k spells in this series too.

Only Steyn was almost always 137 k to 145 k zone with a fastest of 148 k.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Growing up i never thought ill see 2 things

• Such a **** aussie team
  • Pakistan bowler trundeling at 130k 

Aussies are not that bad of a team, India is just too good.

Pakistan was never a pace factory. Those were myths generated before Internet. I have seen Pakistan legen bowl and there was no pace.

I still have a open challenge for my Pakistani brothers if they can show me one single evidence of the two W's having bowled three balls in excess of 90 mph in one over. None.

49 minutes ago, Hisham said:

What's surprising is that Amir is capable of bowling at 90 MPH but in tests he just doesn't try to bowl fast.

Only when he has to bowl a handful of overs a day.  He has difficulty bowling quick in ODIs these days.

49 minutes ago, Hisham said:

They do have bowlers who can bowl fast but do they have the skills that Abbas possesses??

Only Wahab is there nowadays, among international and near selection pacers.

39 minutes ago, Khota said:

Agree strongly.    Their bowling is quite good.  And their batting just saved a difficult test match in the UAE in the earlier series.

39 minutes ago, Khota said:

I still have a open challenge for my Pakistani brothers if they can show me one single evidence of the two W's having bowled three balls in excess of 90 mph in one over. None.

True.

53 minutes ago, Khota said:

Pakistan was never a pace factory. Those were myths generated before Internet. I have seen Pakistan legen bowl and there was no pace.

There is video of Waqar bowling 150 kph. 3 balls of 90+ should not be difficult.

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Only when he has to bowl a handful of overs a day.  He has difficulty bowling quick in ODIs these days.

True.

This is all a myth. They just don't have pace bowlers anymore.

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Who knows PM may jump in ... and start bowling ...!

bottle tops are not allowed mate .... .even  great players are  experiencing  the bitter results of even using sand paper..... that being the case , gives shivers to think as to the effects of using bottle tops, screw drivers, knives etc  etc!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Yes,maybe it has to do something with fitness or maybe he is deliberately bowling a bit slow in tests as he plays all 3 formats and is interested in prolonging his career and stay injury free.

They have some good U19 bowlers coming up.There maybe a lot of talk regarding Mavi and Nagarkotti but if you look at their U19 bowlers you would realise that they certainly are good.Saw Musa who bowled consistently over 140 and touched 147 in U19 WC.They have 3 to 4 genuine fast bowlers coming through.