I would love to be known as a Test player in my next life: Cheteshwar Pujara

https://www.crictracker.com/i-would-love-to-be-known-as-a-test-player-in-my-next-life-cheteshwar-pujara/

Pujara affirmed his love for Test cricket by saying that he would like to play red-ball cricket in next life if it is still in place. The 30-year old said that Test cricket is earmarked as an ultimate challenge in the game and it is the only format where your character and temperament thrives as a cricketer unlike in T20s

“Not really, I would still love to play Test cricket even in my next life, if Test cricket is going on. If I have an opportunity, I would love to play Test cricket because that is the ultimate challenge I would say. In a T20 game, you can get away with so many things but when it comes to your character, when it comes to your temperament, so many things which you can describe as a cricketer can only happen in Test cricket. So even in my next life I would prefer to be called as a Test player.” Pujara said as quoted by  BCCI.TV

Pujara is known as the “White Walker” by his teammates

Unlike most of the modern batsmen, Pujara is known as being gritty and unexpressive by not showing his emotions, even in the events of enduring hardships or pain. For this reason, his fellow countrymen have hailed him as a “White Walker” from Game of Thrones whenever he walks out with the bat.

“I think R Ashwin and Basu sir came up with that. Some guys also came up with “Winter in Coming” instead of “Winter is Coming” they’ve started saying ‘Pujara is coming’. It is a bit of a funny way to acknowledge what I’ve done, obviousl,y this is a fun part where players are trying to make fun and at the same time enjoy what I’ve been doing.”

to turn it upside down after such  pathetic  sustained  performances thru out the career in SENA + WI , after such pathetic performances in  a domestic  circuit(county)  where  even tail enders far exceeded him, after  keeping behind  all those  LKG  kid level game awareness  that had been displayed during the immediately preceded SAF & ENG series , this has been  a come back of epic proportions  not even a hard core critic like  myself  expected even in my wildest dreams.... Hats off to this  gritty customer for this unbelievable  performance which has brought the nation the greatest trophy of them  all , 'a series win in AUS'.!!!!!!!  Hope he continues to be in brilliant form  at the least for a few more years for the sake of the team.