Should ICF arm chair pundits say sorry to Shastri?

G_B_

37 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I see a trend emerging on icf.

When we won the champions  trophy in England in 2013 it was same sentiment. Coach Fletcher was apparently did not deserve any credit. 

Personally I don't see any coach in the world ever getting a mark of approval on ICF as India coach.

frankly speaking , I don't think a coach can  make that much of  a difference unless he is a super out of the world genuis. 

Shastri has been good, he has looked to win, he gave debut to Bumrah.His batsmen have  let him down big time especially openers who have been nothing but tailenders.

This Indian team has become brave and is willing to lose in order to win. They need to keep doing the same things they will win everywhere.Selectors also need to come to party they have been awful.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

It's been forgotten  cause we are winning in Aus for the first time ever.

It's also not as if we had a glorious record in England when Shastri was not coach. This decade has been a **** show in England as far as test cricket goes 

Based on your logic guru Gary was in the right place at the right time with many greats not needing coaching. 

I'm ambivalent on Gary as coach & more of a John Wright fan based on anecdotes shared by the players. 

The theory of riding on a successful team is not illogical by any means. Additionally, there's enough nonsense that comes out of his mouth to highlight his incompetence, the Perth selection idiocy and his comments was just the latest. 

I am pretty happy that we finally won in Aus, but I just don't see it as some greatest victory ever since I have seen Indian teams fight at least as hard against a much stronger Australian side in the past. Most of all, I'm not convinced of Shashtri's contributions to make it happen based on whatever information is available publicly. 

what is the role of shatri in team ? He is not technically good bat or bowler. Lets move on to selection. We play 12 tests abroad recently. We had many selection blunders. Dropping Pujara, Rahane for Rohit. They didn't select jadeja for perth. So many simple blunders they had so much time to think over these things but yet made blunder. What credit should we give ? Credit should be given to pujara and bowlers. That the end of it not the beer drinker. 

2 minutes ago, gattaca said:

what is the role of shatri in team ? He is not technically good bat or bowler. Lets move on to selection. We play 12 tests abroad recently. We had many selection blunders. Dropping Pujara, Rahane for Rohit. They didn't select jadeja for perth. So many simple blunders they had so much time to think over these things but yet made blunder. What credit should we give ? Credit should be given to pujara and bowlers. That the end of it not the beer drinker. 

Exactly.We won this series due to lesser blunders than usual,not because of the tactical nous of the Elder Buddy

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I'm ambivalent on Gary as coach & more of a John Wright fan based on anecdotes shared by the players. 

The theory of riding on a successful team is not illogical by any means. Additionally, there's enough nonsense that comes out of his mouth to highlight his incompetence, the Perth selection idiocy and his comments was just the latest. 

I am pretty happy that we finally won in Aus, but I just don't see it as some greatest victory ever since I have seen Indian teams fight at least as hard against a much stronger Australian side in the past. Most of all, I'm not convinced of Shashtri's contributions to make it happen based on whatever information is available publicly. 

All I am saying is Shastri does not deserve the level of ridicule and hate he gets on ICF

Nobody is suggesting he is a super coach 

10 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I see a trend emerging on icf.

When we won the champions  trophy in England in 2013 it was same sentiment. Coach Fletcher was apparently did not deserve any credit. 

Personally I don't see any coach in the world ever getting a mark of approval on ICF as India coach.

It's probably because of the selection that are happening. The backscreen politics that is taking place that tend to show up every now and then. That's why people do not give shastri the credits( and Kohli  the  off-field captain)

Rohit getting selected , the whole scandal around Jadejas Injury , selection of Umesh and many more. Chepu proving his point is another slap in the face of Shastri-Kohli admin.

Edited by sourab10forever