World's Largest Cricket Stadium to be built in Ahmedabad!

5 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Hopefully Pakistan will be the first team to play here

Forget about pakistan because Govt decides first not BCCI,  NOT POSSIBLE.Pakistan's Neeyat vs India same or Worst they not deserves Bhai Bhai relations with peaceful india

5 minutes ago, Peace said:

100000 capacity for 700 Crore cost !!!!! Mody Mody tera Gujarat 

big question is do you think even Half 50000 turn up to see india vs any match except pakistan?

If the capacity increases, ticket prices could go down .... also they can mark some section free for kids/students/etc. 

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Don't think we need such big stadium now. Even Eden scaled down capacity to 65000 after bucket seats.

Would have been much better to build a 35-40000 capacity stadium and use the additional space for practice facilities, academies etc. And I do hope they do not mess up like DDCA and end up with an ugly looking concrete structure. 

Agree. Better to reduce seats and invest in other cricket infrastructure. Stadium will look empty even if it has 50000-60000 people. 

This is Modi's Monument !!! 

A 27 year old  50,000 seater stadium full maybe once a year replaced by a 110,000 seater to be full no times a year . 

Even if it had been reduced to a 80, 000 seater every cricket facility which are all crap   in Ahmedabad could have been replaced with new nets, artificial wickets , equipment but those running cricket don't give a toss about youngsters . 

I lost a good friend speaking out about this in Ahmedabad , as an ex Ranjj Trophy player and coach his opinion that this stadium was better than facilities for youngsters was something we disagreed hugely about especially when I pointed out that another  white elephant  brand new stadium in Gujarat sits empty only ever full when they had a few IPL games . 

Gujarat Cricket Association like the other associations  is full of chancers who's first concern is what can I get out if it !!

9 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

This is Modi's Monument !!! 

A 27 year old  50,000 seater stadium full maybe once a year replaced by a 110,000 seater to be full no times a year . 

Even if it had been reduced to a 80, 000 seater every cricket facility which are all crap   in Ahmedabad could have been replaced with new nets, artificial wickets , equipment but those running cricket don't give a toss about youngsters . 

I lost a good friend speaking out about this in Ahmedabad , as an ex Ranjj Trophy player and coach his opinion that this stadium was better than facilities for youngsters was something we disagreed hugely about especially when I pointed out that another  white elephant  brand new stadium in Gujarat sits empty only ever full when they had a few IPL games . 

Gujarat Cricket Association like the other associations  is full of chancers who's first concern is what can I get out if it !!

probably whoever approved this stadium got 10% cut if you know what i mean :phehe: