Jump to content
Peace

INDIA A vs ENGLAND LION in India { 5 ODI & 2 UN - Official Test } Jan - Feb 2019

Recommended Posts

Kishan hit 3 back to back boundaries in the 49th over under pressure. This england team is a gun team. Some of their player are starts in their county side as well as the t20 blast. I have seem some county and t20 matches here in stadium. Zak chappell is good so is dom bess. 

Edited by neel roy

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

First List A game today

 

India A Team is - Ajinkya Rahane (C), Shreyas Iyer, Anmolpreet Singh, G H Vihari, Ishan (W), K H Pandya, Axar Patel, D L Chahar, Shardul , Mayank Markande,  Siddharth Kaul,

 

We are playing with 4 specialist batsmen +Ishan! There are 5 specialist bowlers and Krunal Pandya

 

Eng Lions 98/1 in 19 overs

Yay finally dream trio playing together, our very own Garner, Holding and Marshall :hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post

Why would anyone think about playing 3 shorter trundlers like Kaul, Chahar and Shardul together in the same team.   !!

 

Where is the foresight and planning   !!

 

How about having 1 or 2 bowlers with some extra pace or bounce or both   ?

 

 

Kaul and Chahar looked completely innocuous and out of place in the few games they played at international level.  And our TM rejected them.  But they are still the only backups being developed   !

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Why would anyone think about playing 3 shorter trundlers like Kaul, Chahar and Shardul together in the same team.   !!

 

Where is the foresight and planning   !!

 

How about having 1 or 2 bowlers with some extra pace or bounce or both   ?

 

 

Kaul and Chahar looked completely innocuous and out of place in the few games they played at international level.  And our TM rejected them.  But they are still the only backups being developed   !

Clearly our selectors have a fetish for "control" bowlers.  

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Clearly our selectors have a fetish for "control" bowlers.  

 

None of Chahar, Kaul and Shardul are accurate or " control "  bowlers.   Their lack of natural bounce   (  leading to most of their deliveries hitting the sweet spot of the bat  )   does not help either.

 

They get absolutely mauled whenever they are up against good batsmen.

 

Remember the manhandling of Chahar and Kaul  by the Afghan batters in the Asia Cup  ?   Remember the thrashing of Kaul in England  ?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2019 at 9:09 AM, express bowling said:

Why would anyone think about playing 3 shorter trundlers like Kaul, Chahar and Shardul together in the same team.   !!

 

Where is the foresight and planning   !!

 

How about having 1 or 2 bowlers with some extra pace or bounce or both   ?

 

 

Kaul and Chahar looked completely innocuous and out of place in the few games they played at international level.  And our TM rejected them.  But they are still the only backups being developed   !

all 3 seam bowlers selected once again --winning team not makes too many changes

Share this post


Link to post

Get rid of Anmolpreet Singh and have KL Rahul play instead. At this rate, Hahane will be our backup opener for the World Cup. 

 

KL, Agarwal, Shaw should be the next in line for the openers slot. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

Get rid of Anmolpreet Singh and have KL Rahul play instead. At this rate, Hahane will be our backup opener for the World Cup. 

 

KL, Agarwal, Shaw should be the next in line for the openers slot. 

Why would you replace a 20 yr old averaging 57 at a SR of 100+ in List A matches for one failure? Push Karnataka players like you always do, but not by sidelining bright youngsters

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Why would you replace a 20 yr old averaging 57 at a SR of 100+ in List A matches for one failure? Push Karnataka players like you always do, but not by sidelining bright youngsters

Looks like the 20-year-old need to spend some more time in domestics.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Going by his averages in domestics, he's outscored all the names you listed, so no he's earned his spot there. 

These A games are important in order to prepare for the World cup. His time will come when he is ready. There are already 5-6 openers playing for India. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

These A games are important in order to prepare for the World cup. His time will come when he is ready. There are already 5-6 openers playing for India. 

Not really. A games are never to prepare squads for WC but rather to try out untested guy to see if they are upto the scratch for international cricket. For WC preps, we are playing NZ and will later play Aus.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Not really. A games are never to prepare squads for WC but rather to try out untested guy to see if they are upto the scratch for international cricket. For WC preps, we are playing NZ and will later play Aus.

They go through all this **** so that you could win world cup. Blooding youngsters will take a backseat during this time. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×