History - India win first ever Border-Gavaskar Trophy in Australia

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

And many might not know that Bossbhai is the the best statistician in the history of ICF. And if you are a Sachin fan,you would love him as he has some crazy stats about Sachin and great anecdotes to go with it.

He is an ICF legend and original ICF member from the old site.

Look what a great historic Indian win can do, it can bring out the best of the best back on site.

Great to have you back Bossbhai. 

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words Tics ... you are no less a legend and by far the most passionate Indian cricket fan that I have ever come across. 

After watching so many disappointing tours over 18 years with scattered successes,  this means the world to me. 1947-48, indians chose to use batsman part timers to bowl leg side half volleys when sir don was on 90 so that the respected sir does not miss centuries and make indians proud by scoring 100s against them. Long long way from that now. It's almost impossible to win there for Asian teams but we have done it, quite convincingly.  Congratulations to all of us here!!

29 minutes ago, bossbhai2 said:

Thanks tics.  Most people here perhaps don't know that Tics was backinng Kohli to be the next big thing all the way back in 2009/10. Suffice to say that was probably one of the best talent spot ever in the history of the game. Well done tics.  Savour this win!.

Yeah I remember that and remember accusing him of Delhi bias!!  I was no fan of Virat's attitude, and Virat's the one who's demonstrated the importance of not judging cricketers by things that don't necessarily impact player performance on the field.  

Amazing moment.

In terms of a moment I thought I would never experience in my lifetime this has to be 1.

I vaguely remember the 87 WC as a kid.

I started  following cricket in 91-92.

Australia where at that passing of the torch moment from the Allan Border era to the beginning of the Mark Taylor era.

When I used to go through the old collections of Sportsworld and Sportstar magazines that one of  my uncles used to subscribe to ( for the posters of course ::--Dform the late 80s and early 90s, I used to come across these articles and always wonder why the hell they would call that Aussie 87 win as a triumph of the underdog because as a 28+ and running cricket fan( cricket fan age not my real age :)) I never once remember the Aussies being an underdog.  

Since I started following  cricket consciously, they were always the top 2-3 teams in the world regardless of the musical chairs going on for the top team.This was even before their historic run from the late 90s to mid 2000s when they were the most dominant side ever to play cricket.

It was ridiculous to even think that they could ever be beat on their home soil. Especially by an Asian team.

2004 and 2008 I thought would remain the closest we will ever come to beating them in my lifetime  even though probably India might  have had  a couple of runs before in the 70s and early 80s. 

Almost Total cricketing Nirvana. (South Africa pending of course which looking at where their team is heading might be a possibility fingers crossed. BCCI needs a SA tour soon)

I would rate the 2011 WC win and  the T20 2007 win as the 2 greatest things I have ever witnessed as a follower of Indian cricket. 2011 for being the World Cup and 2007 Wt20 for being that specific moment to change the game of cricket forever.  Even if we win any future world cups or WT20’s it may not have the same kick to it for me.So these moments will always remain personally the top 2 for me. 

However, This to me is the undisputed 3rd as the greatest cricketing moment and the undisputed 1st as the greatest unexpected moment as an Indian cricket fan.

Proud moment and congrats to Indian team and all Indian cricket fans :icflove:

This is as big as it gets.  So many firsts ... 

Defeating Australia in a test series in Australia.  And totally outplaying them. 

Indian fast bowlers bowling better than Australian fast bowlers in their home territory.  And the Indian fast bowling trio, lead by Bumrah, becoming the highest wicket takers in history for a pace trio in a calender year.

Indian fast bowlers bouncing out and intimidating Australian batsmen on a regular basis with quick short pitched stuff   (  weren't they supposed to be good players of the short ball  !   What a myth  !    )

We have waited so long for this ...  

Congrats Team India  and all  ICFers   !

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, Texan said:

If DRS were around then, we would have won those too. Especially 2007. Denied by that racist Steve Bucknor. 

That was a close series. This was a total drubbing and a comprehensive win which makes it even sweeter.

Yes, had we won that that would have been greater than this series win given that Aussie team just like 83 World Cup Win is always greater than the 2011 win.

however it didn’t happen then so we have to cherish this :)

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Historic day. Just to give context, Australia has won just 1 series in India in the last 50 years. India has equalled going to show that they have found it as hard to beat us at home as we have them.

Hate to fact check here, but they actually won 2. 1969-70 and 2004