KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya Pick MS Dhoni As The "Better Captain" !!!

velu

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Still doesn't change the fact that dhoni was the worst ever captain to lead India in all 3 formats, an absolute one trick pony who relied on doctored pitches and superstars, stealing credits. Dhoni destroyed and humiliated our bowlers.

Dada was the best ever and kohli would go down as second best if he gets rid of his obsession of seniors and do something for the future of the sport in the country.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Thalaiva hasnt been able to cut it in ODIs the past 4 years and T20s since 2009. Maybe you can pass on that message to him as well? :winky:

You know what I agree. But I don't have MSD's number and neither do you. But do you know from whom he learnt to stay past his prime. I know :laugh:. The guy who bats at no.4 in tests but is ready to open but doesn't take strike first ball in ODIs. That guy :hysterical:

46 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

So you're saying he can cut it in LO? When in fact he's been laying unlimited eggs for better part of 5 years including the infamous choke job in the WC semis! He also ran away from tests since he couldn't handle the pressure nor deliver results, he didn't quit admirably if that's what you're insinuating! The likes of Swann have been called cowards for deserting the Aus tour midway, this guy was the captain :whack2:

That wasn't a choke job. It was a no job in the semis. Even I was disappointed. He has been past his best (even he said so in 2016 that he couldn't find singles like he used to) but Kohli wants him in the team. He is spoiling his reputation every minute he stays and I cringe every time he gives advice to youngsters like he said a few days ago that its not necessary to play ranji trophy. I can admit Dhoni's failures but can anyone admit their favorite's failures let alone of almighty Sachin's. Nobody has the guts to say he was great but had his faults too.

Aussies may call Swann a coward but he did it in the right spirit. The series was already gone 3-0 and he wanted some other spinner to have experience in Australia which is the toughest place for a spinner. Dhoni also left when the series was lost 2-0 in Melbourne and he saw how admirably Kohli led in the first match so that he can get more experience doing that. Also to blood in another keeper

Edited by Real McCoy
Just now, Real McCoy said:

That wasn't a choke job. It was a no job in the semis. Even I was disappointed. He has been past his best (even he said so in 2016 that he couldn't find singles like he used to) but Kohli wants him in the team. He is spoiling his reputation every minute he stays and I cringe every time he gives advice to youngsters like he said a few days ago that its not necessary to play ranji trophy. I can admit Dhoni's failures but can anyone admit their favorite's failures let alone of almighty Sachin's. Nobody has the guts to say he was great but had his faults too.

Aussies may call Swann a coward but he did it in the right spirit. The series was already gone 3-0 and he wanted some other spinner to have experience in Australia which is the toughest place for a spinner. Dhoni also left when the series was lost 2-0 in Melbourne and he saw how admirably Kohli led in the first match so that he can get more experience doing that. Also to blood in another keeper

Nobody, have you seen this forum? Sachin did stay perhaps 6~12 months longer than he ideally should've but no more! He didn't play in the ODI series vs England twice after the WC, we blanked them in India. He also played only a couple of ODI tournaments after the WC IIRC, more than 6 months after the end of WC 2011. How many other youngsters could've featured opening in Aus vs Aus, that time? You can't name one - who would surely have succeeded but I can name a few who - if they'd have failed probably would forever be banished for LO team. For the test side Dravid & Laxman retired only after the axe was gonna fall on them before the NZ series, it's rare to see all our seniors go through the rut that the fab 5 (including GG) went through in 2011, I call it the IPL fever & that had a knock on effect throughout our away tours. SRT also couldn't have retired at the same time as the other two did, because we had NZ & then England coming! Would Kohli have played in England in 2011 at no.4 would he then have been on a plane in 2014, what if he failed in England & Aus? I say Rahul, Laxman & SRT saved a few budding careers taking a huge hit on their legacy in the process, having said that their collective performances were way below par - that's for sure.

What, we could've easily lost 3-nil & the only reason we were in with a chance at Adelaide was because Aus declared, Kohli didn't lead admirably (Karn effin Sharma!) although he did bat exceptionally well.

Edited by R!TTER
18 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Nobody, have you seen this forum? Sachin did stay perhaps 6~12 months longer than he ideally should've but no more! He didn't play in the ODI series vs England twice after the WC, we blanked them in India. He also played only a couple of ODI tournaments after the WC IIRC, more than 6 months after the end of WC 2011. How many other youngsters could've featured opening in Aus vs Aus, that time? You can't name one - who would surely have succeeded but I can name a few who - if they'd have failed probably would forever be banished for LO team. For the test side Dravid & Laxman retired only after the axe was gonna fall on them before the NZ series, it's rare to see all our seniors go through the rut that the fab 5 (including GG) went through in 2011, I call it the IPL fever & that had a knock on effect throughout our away tours. SRT also couldn't have retired at the same time as the other two did, because we had NZ & then England coming! Would Kohli have played in England in 2011 at no.4 would he then have been on a plane in 2014, what if he failed in England & Aus? I say Rahul, Laxman & SRT saved a few budding careers taking a huge hit on their legacy in the process, having said that their collective performances were way below par - that's for sure.

What, we could've easily lost 3-nil & the only reason we were in with a chance at Adelaide was because Aus declared, Kohli didn't lead admirably (Karn effin Sharma!) although he did bat exceptionally well.

Really? Sachin hit 35 in 2008. Do you think there was no youngster or another team member like Gambhir who couldn't open and do what he did in ODIs that too in India where opening is the easiest place to bat? Rohit was already on the international scene with Kohli not far behind. And in 2008, he was still 3 yrs from the next world cup. He could have retired from ODIs to give chance to some youngster. But he wanted to win the world cup for himself. He did nothing special in the WC 2011.

He had another chance to retire after the world cup. Still didn't he played the CB series in Australia chasing the 100th 100 and didnt get it. I remember we had a rotating opener policy - we played Sehwag and Gambhir, Sehwag and SRT, SRT and Gambhir and it proved disastrous. Gambhir raised the issue correctly but Dhoni didnt want to drop Sachin because then the whole of India will be ready to axe him. He also played the stupid Asia cup and batted selfishly for the 100th 100 against Bangladeshs and lost the game closely. Its a shame that I got to witness how slow he was batting.

Dravid retired after the first failed tour in Aus. He was brilliant in Eng. Dravid retired within a month of that tour. NZ series was 6 months away. VVS didn't play the last game given to him in Hyderabad. Why can't Sachin be asked to retire. Because BCCI was afraid to take that action. And Sachin knew it and played until 2013 when he was over 40 to accomodate him playing 200 tests that made the SA tour reduced to 2 tests.

Pujara and Vijay had made their test debut in 2010 and were showing promise. I wouldnt have minded youngsters failing rather than watch some old farts struggling. Either way 2011 eng tour was disastrous. Kohli could have worked out his chinks and come back in 2014 and do what he did this past summer.

That adelaide test match was not Kohli's best but we did chase the target in an aggressive fashion. Vijay batted well in Adelaide and Brisbane. We could have won one of them and made the series exciting. That series would have never been 3-0. I don't know if you actually watched the test matches. We lost in Adelaide and Brisbane. The next 2 tests were boring draws.

He did nothing special in the WC 2011.

Well there goes your entire argument :facepalm:

Rohit was already on the international scene with Kohli not far behind.

Have you seen their records in ICC events, outside WT20?

Still didn't he played the CB series in Australia chasing the 100th 100 and didnt get it.

He could easily have achieved that in WI vs WI, he had the ODI & test series to get to that 100, indeed his biggest gaffe so far as such an illustrious career is concerned. Everything else you've cooked up is BS, the Indian media in fact was more at fault for creating that hype, especially at Lord's - I remember seeing one Nikhil Naaz acting like a cheerleader!

That adelaide test match was not Kohli's best but we did chase the target in an aggressive fashion.

Reminds me of the pre series talks in SA & England - smash'em bois & intentTM :cantstop:

Edited by R!TTER
1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Dhoni left because he wanted to blood another keeper lol. Good one. I will find something else to do now rather than arguing with a retard.

11 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Well there goes your entire argument :facepalm:

Have you seen their records in ICC events, outside WT20?

He could easily have achieved that in WI vs WI, he had the ODI & test series to get to that 100, indeed his biggest gaffe so far as such an illustrious career is concerned. Everything else you've cooked up is BS, the Indian media in fact was more at fault for creating that hype, especially at Lord's - I remember seeing one Nikhil Naaz acting like a cheerleader!

Reminds me of the pre series talks in SA & England - smash'em bois & intentTM :cantstop:

If kohli and Rohit were played ODIs since 2008 and given a long rope, they would have done better in 2011.

Sachin did not want 100th 100 against WI. He wanted it in England and at Lords. Once he couldnt get it in tests, he started playing ODIs. Its not cooked up. Its easy for any one to see so long as hes not a bhakt of god. Finally he got it in a losing match against Ban no less :facepalm:.

2014 Adelaide - Aggressive as in going for the target rather than play out for a draw. His will to win is shown in his captaincy debut and marked with a 4th innings century on a wicket which started spinning and uneven bounce.

If kohli and Rohit were played ODIs since 2008 and given a long rope, they would have done better in 2011.

Sachin did not want 100th 100 against WI. He wanted it in England and at Lords. Once he couldnt get it in tests, he started playing ODIs. Its not cooked up. Its easy for any one to see so long as hes not a bhakt of god. Finally he got it in a losing match against Ban no less :facepalm:.

2014 Adelaide - Aggressive as in going for the target rather than play out for a draw. His will to win is shown in his captaincy debut and marked with a 4th innings century on a wicket which started spinning and uneven bounce.

Kohli was dropped at least once in ODIs IIRC, Sharma multiple times due to bad performance - but hey keep cooking up facts & who would they replace in the side - Sehwag, Yuvraj :fear1:

You keep trolling with these made up facts, why did he want it in tests in England or Lord's? Especially when there's no guarantee he could get it, getting it in WI was much easier.

He had 10 ODI's after that you dope, you think he couldn't have gotten it if he was so desperate?

That means jack ****, he's yet to win us a tough chase, even small ones!

Edited by R!TTER