Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Singh bling

Union Cabinet approves 10% reservation for economically weak among upper caste

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Why not accommodate this into the overall 50% reservation cap fixed by the SC? 

60% reservation wah. Sahi hai bhai. Pehle se khudi padi hi thi ab tum bhi khod lo.

A move aimed at creating a wedge in General voter base and nothing else.

 

You think this sentiment is not there now?. 70 years of reservation, come to South India, they get grace marks in exams. WTF is this appeasement! Agreed, there were atrocities in the past, but when does it stop! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

You think this sentiment is not there now?. 70 years of reservation, come to South India, they get grace marks in exams. WTF is this appeasement! Agreed, there were atrocities in the past, but when does it stop! 

Bhaisab moves such as these proves that merit ki is desh me koi kadar nahi hai.

Yahan sala itne salo se competition exams me 1-2 numbers se watt lagi padi hai and now this decision. Jaye toh jaye kahan ab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Why not accommodate this into the overall 50% reservation cap fixed by the SC? 

60% reservation wah. Sahi hai bhai. Pehle se khudi padi hi thi ab tum bhi khod lo.

A move aimed at creating a wedge in General voter base and nothing else.

 

I guess middle class which are on slightly upper side has no option but to look for career outside. India . In future reservation will be around 75-80% .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Singh bling said:

I guess middle class which are on slightly upper side has no option but to look for career outside. India . In future reservation will be around 75-80% .

I fall into the same bracket. Middle class but dad has a govt job.

L lag gaye 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

That BJP = CONGRESS+COW does sound true at times. 

 

Do they actually have some creamy layer applied in the reserved quotas or are they all open to use by quota rich & middle class too ?

There is creamy layer for OBC but you and me both know how easy it is to show your income less in this country esp by non govt employees who btw are in majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

I guess middle class which are on slightly upper side has no option but to look for career outside. India . In future reservation will be around 75-80% .

Nothing new, many NRIs today are of similar background. And on reservation, hopefully there is more reservation that the thing itself becomes redundant and totally inefficient. As it's impossible to withdraw reservation itself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Clarke said:

That BJP = CONGRESS+COW does sound true at times. 

 

Do they actually have some creamy layer applied in the reserved quotas or are they all open to use by quota rich & middle class too ?

Actually its BJP supporters also want the same entitlement as Congress supporters/vote bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

This is the starting salvo in run up to 2019 GE. Wait for more fireworks .

 

the response so far has been quite good for BJP. It has begun to start narrative 

You need the put opposition on backfoot as well, currently there is nothing against UPA and its allies. And that's the biggest pity, as with 5 years, all their crimes and corruption have magically vanished from people's memories. Whereas BJP still has to face the burden of the past.

 

Are we gonna elect Rahul just because of anti-Modi? What exactly has Rahul done in the last 5 years? Modi in 2014 presented with a Gujarat model and banked on some acheivements, but nobody is asking such questions to the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

What if RaGa and MahaThugbandhan promise private sector reservation leading up to the elections? :dontknow:

They have already done that. I think Paswan had it in his agenda. a lot of politicians have it  dangling already. If it gets implemented, middle class has no other option but move out of India. They can thrive better in Uganda/Ghana than in India.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, eternalhope said:

Set aside your egos and get your visas ready guys. There is no hope for the country with these politicians, everyone raises hopes to disappoint. The middle class is doomed there.

Ahh the irony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an important bill passed in LS in one go without any discussion in the house whatsoever.

Daylight robbery of constitutional ideals.

 

Never felt so dejected in my life before. Can't believe I was the biggest supporter of this guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rules are if a SC/ST gets into Merit category, he is counted in general category and they need to get a real SC/ST guy who is below merit in his place.  This is like getting screwed twice over. So, the quota has to be fulfilled no matter what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Such an important bill passed in LS in one go without any discussion in the house whatsoever.

Daylight robbery of constitutional ideals.

 

Never felt so dejected in my life before. Can't believe I was the biggest supporter of this guy

Don't be dejected as 8Lakh quota, every person qualifies. It is not going to benefit any real Forward Caste as almost 90% of them will be under the 8lakh limit. The rich will anyway not need it. It is unfortunately the new salaried classes which get affected and most of us anyway would go the private route.

 

My biggest worry is that as these idiots have nothing to show they will ultimately introduce reservations in Private sector as well.

 

As much as I disagree with most of Kancha Iliah's views, I like his idea of introducing English Medium schools both in Private and Public sector which he claims will eliminate reservations in 25 years. Drastic it may sound, but atleast an idea which has an outside chance to work.

https://www.rediff.com/news/interview/you-wont-need-reservation-after-25-years-if/20190108.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/10-quota-for-economically-backward-upper-castes-how-many-people-fulfil-eligibility-criteria-1426171-2019-01-08

 

Agricultural land below five acres - 86 per cent people with landholdings qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

People who earn less than Rs 8 lakh annually (or Rs 66,666/month) - Almost almost all households qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

Rural households - More than 99 per cent of all rural households qualify for reservation. 

 

Who's left to oppose this ? Absolutely no one, those earning 8+ lpa are nowhere in terms of voter percentage. They could tax us 70% and get away with it. Lets celebrate that they haven't thus far :dance:

 

Edited by Clarke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:
13 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

What if RaGa and MahaThugbandhan promise private sector reservation leading up to the elections? :dontknow:

They have already done that. I think Paswan had it in his agenda. a lot of politicians have it  dangling already. If it gets implemented, middle class has no other option but move out of India. They can thrive better in Uganda/Ghana than in India.

This idea was floated in UPA1 as well.

 

The sensible politicians probably realize that such a law would drive a spanner into incoming investment. Even though we're doing well as a back office, we are competing with middle income nations such as Poland, Philippines or Brazil in all aspects. Ditto for areas like automobile manufacturing, it'll just lead to poorer quality of output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eternalhope said:

Set aside your egos and get your visas ready guys. There is no hope for the country with these politicians, everyone raises hopes to disappoint. The middle class is doomed there.

No hope from eternalhope? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The rules are if a SC/ST gets into Merit category, he is counted in general category and they need to get a real SC/ST guy who is below merit in his place.  This is like getting screwed twice over. So, the quota has to be fulfilled no matter what. 

Yes it's called Roaster system.

We are *ed in every way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think more Indians should emigrate to Africa now, the land is not yet overpopulated. US and Europe has too many immigrants.

 

EDIT: We should emigrate to everywhere to make the whole globe Akhand Bharat :isalute: 

Edited by MechEng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Clarke said:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/10-quota-for-economically-backward-upper-castes-how-many-people-fulfil-eligibility-criteria-1426171-2019-01-08

 

Agricultural land below five acres - 86 per cent people with landholdings qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

People who earn less than Rs 8 lakh annually (or Rs 66,666/month) - Almost almost all households qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

Rural households - More than 99 per cent of all rural households qualify for reservation. 

 

Who's left to oppose this ? Absolutely no one, those earning 8+ lpa are nowhere in terms of voter percentage. They could tax us 70% and get away with it. Lets celebrate that they haven't thus far :dance:

 

Now hardly any businessman or professional will file itr above 8 lakhs rupees unless he is earning in crores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eternalhope said:

As much as I disagree with most of Kancha Iliah's views, I like his idea of introducing English Medium schools both in Private and Public sector which he claims will eliminate reservations in 25 years. Drastic it may sound, but atleast an idea which has an outside chance to work.

https://www.rediff.com/news/interview/you-wont-need-reservation-after-25-years-if/20190108.htm

Thank you for this link. 

Really, all what he is talking, it is making a lot of sense. 

I just hope other people also read it, and most importantly government and parliamentarians read it too and pay attention to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Now hardly any businessman or professional will file itr above 8 lakhs rupees unless he is earning in crores

why would a business earning more than 8 lacs per month would need govt jobs that pay peanuts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

why would a business earning more than 8 lacs per month would need govt jobs that pay peanuts?

Same reason why people earning crores leave their lucrative jobs to prepare for IAS. Money's not everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Keep dreaming . Go to any construction related product market and you will still get the same question from shop ,with bill or without bill

You do realize how that part works don't you? If you don't ask anyone who's in the construction business, I have friends & relatives doing the latter for ages & as he said it's not easy to underreport your revenue or ITR! It does work with illegal mining though, sand/gravel etc. But there you are exclusively dealing in cash, that's not how big businesses or big construction works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

why would a business earning more than 8 lacs per month would need govt jobs that pay peanuts?

 

earning potential .. state revenue inspector may get 30/35k  salary per month , but they can make 3/4L per month under the table :p:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, velu said:

 

earning potential .. state revenue inspector may get 30/35k  salary per month , but they can make 3/4L per month under the table :p:

 

Lol a state revenue inspector easily gets around 70 k after 7th pay commission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×