Union Cabinet approves 10% reservation for economically weak among upper caste

Singh bling

46 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Why not accommodate this into the overall 50% reservation cap fixed by the SC? 

60% reservation wah. Sahi hai bhai. Pehle se khudi padi hi thi ab tum bhi khod lo.

A move aimed at creating a wedge in General voter base and nothing else.

You think this sentiment is not there now?. 70 years of reservation, come to South India, they get grace marks in exams. WTF is this appeasement! Agreed, there were atrocities in the past, but when does it stop! 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

You think this sentiment is not there now?. 70 years of reservation, come to South India, they get grace marks in exams. WTF is this appeasement! Agreed, there were atrocities in the past, but when does it stop! 

Bhaisab moves such as these proves that merit ki is desh me koi kadar nahi hai.

Yahan sala itne salo se competition exams me 1-2 numbers se watt lagi padi hai and now this decision. Jaye toh jaye kahan ab?

49 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Why not accommodate this into the overall 50% reservation cap fixed by the SC? 

60% reservation wah. Sahi hai bhai. Pehle se khudi padi hi thi ab tum bhi khod lo.

A move aimed at creating a wedge in General voter base and nothing else.

I guess middle class which are on slightly upper side has no option but to look for career outside. India . In future reservation will be around 75-80% .

2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

That BJP = CONGRESS+COW does sound true at times. 

Do they actually have some creamy layer applied in the reserved quotas or are they all open to use by quota rich & middle class too ?

There is creamy layer for OBC but you and me both know how easy it is to show your income less in this country esp by non govt employees who btw are in majority.

47 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

I guess middle class which are on slightly upper side has no option but to look for career outside. India . In future reservation will be around 75-80% .

Nothing new, many NRIs today are of similar background. And on reservation, hopefully there is more reservation that the thing itself becomes redundant and totally inefficient. As it's impossible to withdraw reservation itself.

16 minutes ago, Clarke said:

That BJP = CONGRESS+COW does sound true at times. 

Do they actually have some creamy layer applied in the reserved quotas or are they all open to use by quota rich & middle class too ?

Actually its BJP supporters also want the same entitlement as Congress supporters/vote bank.

6 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

This is the starting salvo in run up to 2019 GE. Wait for more fireworks .

the response so far has been quite good for BJP. It has begun to start narrative 

You need the put opposition on backfoot as well, currently there is nothing against UPA and its allies. And that's the biggest pity, as with 5 years, all their crimes and corruption have magically vanished from people's memories. Whereas BJP still has to face the burden of the past.

Are we gonna elect Rahul just because of anti-Modi? What exactly has Rahul done in the last 5 years? Modi in 2014 presented with a Gujarat model and banked on some acheivements, but nobody is asking such questions to the opposition.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

What if RaGa and MahaThugbandhan promise private sector reservation leading up to the elections? :dontknow:

They have already done that. I think Paswan had it in his agenda. a lot of politicians have it  dangling already. If it gets implemented, middle class has no other option but move out of India. They can thrive better in Uganda/Ghana than in India.

20 minutes ago, eternalhope said:

Set aside your egos and get your visas ready guys. There is no hope for the country with these politicians, everyone raises hopes to disappoint. The middle class is doomed there.

Ahh the irony