Sign in to follow this  
ThePhenomenal1

Kohli wants 3 more pacers

Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-australia/virat-kohli-looks-ahead-says-three-more-pacers-needed-to-manage-workload/articleshow/67418798.cms

He said this in the post-match press conference. Great to hear from the GOAT Indian Test Captain!

Important to rotate bowlers. Plus Umesh needs to work on his game, Bhuvi needs more games and Bumrah, Ishant and Shami need rest.

Who would your 3 pacers be and why? 

9 minutes ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-australia/virat-kohli-looks-ahead-says-three-more-pacers-needed-to-manage-workload/articleshow/67418798.cms

He said this in the post-match press conference. Great to hear from the GOAT Indian Test Captain!

Important to rotate bowlers. Plus Umesh needs to work on his game, Bhuvi needs more games and Bumrah, Ishant and Shami need rest.

They would be rajpoot avesh and aniket ,reason all 3 are tall and quick, rajpoot is the tallest bowls up-to 90-91 mph though he is most of the time hovering in a range of 138-143 but he is the tallest with 6'5-6'6 height, avesh he is the quickest he is 6'2-6'3 can bowl upto 150-151 has a beautiful Yorker and swings it,aniket is the left arm quick  at 6'3 and can crank upto 90 mph can bring the ball back in so that gives you a variety in the attack.

26 minutes ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

If i have to pick 3 

Siraj- the guy has broken the door now 

Rajpoot - all format bowler 

Avesh - the kind of bowler who ll trouble batsman of any calibre from any era

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

They would be rajpoot avesh and aniket ,reason all 3 are tall and quick, rajpoot is the tallest bowls up-to 90-91 mph though he is most of the time hovering in a range of 138-143 but he is the tallest with 6'5-6'6 height, avesh he is the quickest he is 6'2-6'3 can bowl upto 150-151 has a beautiful Yorker and swings it,aniket is the left arm quick  at 6'3 and can crank upto 90 mph can bring the ball back in so that gives you a variety in the attack.

Can someone please show videos of these guys I am curious?

5 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Rajpoot is 6'3, Aniket 6'4

15 hours ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Preferred --

1.  Avesh Khan

2.  Ankit Rajpoot

3.  Aniket Chaudhari

All 3 in great form and picking loads of wickets in Ranji Trophy.

All 3 very tall and bouncy.

Avesh a genuine fast bowler atleast in the shorter formats  and bowling sharply in Ranji Trophy.

The other 2 are bouncy fast medium bowlers.

4.  Shivam Mavi ... genuine fast bowler but needs some more FC experience.

5.  Siraj  ... just because of his A-team performances.

Edited by express bowling

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Can someone please show videos of these guys I am curious?

AVESH  KHAN   last month in Ranji Trophy.

Perfect line and length at pace.

@Mosher  bro  posted this in another thread too.

Also if you look at all 3 good thing is they are attacking stumps and have a very good bouncer and avesh was mixing it with good slower balls, apart from these 3 Siraj mavi Saini should also be in the radar also kudos for bcci for looking after nagarkoti so one thing is for sure bcci recognize him as special talent and isn't rushing him even kkr also providing him best medical facilities. 

4 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Siraj, Aniket  need to be given chances. Umesh should only be used  against weak opponents/dead rubbers  at home  only.

Not even that. Many younger and more deserving players than umesh. He should never play for India again. 

13 hours ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Kohli is just thinking like the members here......

Sometimes, i get the feeling that he is following ICF 

This will be his legacy if he can install fast bowling culture in this team. Dhoni was a stubborn mule who was averse to fast bowlers.

We need more and more fast bowlers coming through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kohli says

"  But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as FAST as and as relentless as these guys,” said Kohli in his post-match interaction on Monday. “We already are in the process of identifying (three pacers), and then keep them ready – make them travel with the team, make them understand the importance of Test cricket, what areas to bowl, what the mindset should be. Because once you create this kind of culture in the team, you want it to continue.”

This is so pleasing to read.     :hatsoff:

Indian cricket will always be indebted to Kohli for really wanting to develop a fast bowling culture in our Test team.

And he is looking for genuine fast bowlers.who can sustain pace and intensity.   

A-team selections for Unofficial tests against England Lions can give us an indication.

P.s -  Why did the selectors choose Deepak Chahar and Gurbani for the Unofficial tests against NZ, if captain is looking for genuine fast bowlers  !!

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli says

"  But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as FAST as and as relentless as these guys,” said Kohli in his post-match interaction on Monday. “We already are in the process of identifying (three pacers), and then keep them ready – make them travel with the team, make them understand the importance of Test cricket, what areas to bowl, what the mindset should be. Because once you create this kind of culture in the team, you want it to continue.”

Indian cricket will always be indebted to Kohli for really wanting to develop a fast bowling culture in our Test team.

A-team selections for Unofficial tests against England Lions can give us an indication.

P.s -  Why did the selectors choose Deepak Chahar and Gurbani for the Unofficial tests against NZ, if captain is looking for genuine fast bowlers  !!

I think that's fair to send Gurbani atleast ,as he was phenomenal last year can't say much about that mediocre csk employee,he should have been kicked out straightway then

Gurbani is rewarded for what he did last year,if he doesn't delivers , I don't think slectors will have him in their radar

But Chahar slection is worth pondering

He is going nowhere,wont play in w c even if csk quota pushes him into wc squad, just wasting a spot,same as with Kaul,

Edited by Suhaan

19 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If i have to pick 3 

Siraj- the guy has broken the door now 

Rajpoot - all format bowler 

Avesh - the kind of bowler who ll trouble batsman of any calibre from any era

I would currently as of today go with 

Siraj- He has already got selected into Indian Australian ODI team, so I think one out of the three is definitely him.

Avesh Khan- Young Powerful fast bowler and definitely 140 to 148K bowler.

Varun Aroon- Another genuine fast bowler who should replace the down on speed and form Umesh Yadav.

My fourth Guy who is young but definitely will come up is Shivam Mavi.

Apart from the names mentioned here like Avesh, Ankit and Aniket... Chance should also be given to the u19 wc fast bowling duo of Mavi and Nagarkoti. They bowled so well in the tournament it was an eye opener, the foreign commies couldn't stop praising them. Catch them young if they are good enough they'll learn and thrive. 

13 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Apart from the names mentioned here like Avesh, Ankit and Aniket... Chance should also be given to the u19 wc fast bowling duo of Mavi and Nagarkoti. They bowled so well in the tournament it was an eye opener, the foreign commies couldn't stop praising them. Catch them young if they are good enough they'll learn and thrive. 

Absolutely.

Mavi and Nagarkoti are the rarerest of talents ...  bowling upto 150 kph and bowling well as teenagers.

It is sad that Nagarkoti is injured now and missing the entire Ranji season as a result.  

Mavi should be fast tracked to the Unofficial test team for sure.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli says

keywords used by kohli are who are as fast as Jasprit and Shammi and as relentless as Jasprit and Shammi.

Avesh - is he as fast as Jasprit and Shammi ..Possibly yes..as relentless possibly he can become.

Siraj- Possibly Yes

Ankit rajpoot- No he is not as fast as jasprit and shammi , so I doubt whether he can be considered in the 3 Virat is looking for.

Saini- No......................-do............................................................

Mavi- Yes he is as fast as shammi and can become as fast as jasprit too and relentless too.

Varun- Yes.

Ankeket chawdhry- Not Sure whether he can be as relentless as Shammi and Jasprit , as of today he is not.

line n length etc can be trained too.

from the above analysis varun,siraj and avesh fit the bill , mavi is close. nagarkoti - we dont know about his fitness.

Edited by vishalvirsingh

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

is Aaron doing as well as rajpoot in domestic ??

varun aaron has played less matches but i think he has bowled very well and has got wickets too...i will let others answer this.

51 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

varun aaron has played less matches but i think he has bowled very well and has got wickets too...i will let others answer this.

rajpoot bowling avg this season is 17 and aaron 23

It is the right time to give rajpoot a chance, if not now when wud we....and Aaron has had his chances . Aniket, rajpoot, avesh all have done better then him and all deserve their chance....as of now Aaron needs to keep playing domestic n keep picking wkts. By the time next test series happens he can go to county and if he really good then shud be considered 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

keywords used by kohli are who are as fast as Jasprit and Shammi and as relentless as Jasprit and Shammi.

Avesh - is he as fast as Jasprit and Shammi ..Possibly yes..as relentless possibly he can become.

Siraj- Possibly Yes

Ankit rajpoot- No he is not as fast as jasprit and shammi , so I doubt whether he can be considered in the 3 Virat is looking for.

Saini- No......................-do............................................................

Mavi- Yes he is as fast as shammi and can become as fast as jasprit too and relentless too.

Varun- Yes.

Ankeket chawdhry- Not Sure whether he can be as relentless as Shammi and Jasprit , as of today he is not.

line n length etc can be trained too.

from the above analysis varun,siraj and avesh fit the bill , mavi is close. nagarkoti - we dont know about his fitness.

Rajpoot and Chaudhary are not as a fast Bumrah but definitely they are as quick as Shami, but they are taller than both Bumrah and Shami, Nagarkotti is being treated in London for his stress fracture and they say it's good to get stress fracture for an athlete as early and it is normal for them. 

14 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I think that's fair to send Gurbani atleast ,as he was phenomenal last year can't say much about that mediocre csk employee,he should have been kicked out straightway then

Gurbani is rewarded for what he did last year,if he doesn't delivers , I don't think slectors will have him in their radar

But Chahar slection is worth pondering

He is going nowhere,wont play in w c even if csk quota pushes him into wc squad, just wasting a spot,same as with Kaul,

Simple.. due to the notion that kiwi pitches are similar to what we see in England.

Varun Aaron is far from relentless of accurate. He sucked in England and has been sucking it up for the past few games. He is as one dimensional as they come and has no stamina either.

50 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

I must say Aniket looks a trundler. I know he it 140+ a couple of times in the IPL, but for the most part he was sending them down at 127 - 135 kph. Doubt he will have fit the criteria.

when?

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli says

"make them travel with the team"

I think Siraj may be on that list...because he will be travelling with the team for ODI's

5 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Simple.. due to the notion that kiwi pitches are similar to what we see in England.

Do you think there is any chance that Kohli would play either D.Chahar or Gurbani in a test match in the foreseeable future  ?

(   I would not, if I were the captain.  Indian fast bowling has suddenly gained reputation  because we have been able to introduce accurate fast bowlers, while side-lining spray-gun fast bowlers and all medium pacers  )

20 hours ago, putrevus said:

This will be his legacy if he can install fast bowling culture in this team. Dhoni was a stubborn mule who was averse to fast bowlers.

We need more and more fast bowlers coming through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Credit must go to karthik in showing trust in fast bowlers and their development. In test captaincy he is much ahead of most indian captain and on par with ganguly. He is such an update over moron dhoni who use to criticize his bowlers in media like pakistani totla captain.

30 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

Oops! Didn't realize. I have never seen the opther guy bowl. Praying he is quicker:cheer:

Ankit Rajpoot was suffering from typhoid during most of IPL 2018.  As a result, his speeds were not up to the mark except the last match he played.

A fit Rajpoot bowls 135 k to 145 k in T20s at least ... and has bowled a fastest of 147 k so far.