Kohli wants 3 more pacers

13 hours ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-australia/virat-kohli-looks-ahead-says-three-more-pacers-needed-to-manage-workload/articleshow/67418798.cms

He said this in the post-match press conference. Great to hear from the GOAT Indian Test Captain!

Important to rotate bowlers. Plus Umesh needs to work on his game, Bhuvi needs more games and Bumrah, Ishant and Shami need rest.

Who would your 3 pacers be and why? 

Kohli is just thinking like the members here......

Sometimes, i get the feeling that he is following ICF 

Kohli says

"  But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as FAST as and as relentless as these guys,” said Kohli in his post-match interaction on Monday. “We already are in the process of identifying (three pacers), and then keep them ready – make them travel with the team, make them understand the importance of Test cricket, what areas to bowl, what the mindset should be. Because once you create this kind of culture in the team, you want it to continue.”

This is so pleasing to read.     :hatsoff:

Indian cricket will always be indebted to Kohli for really wanting to develop a fast bowling culture in our Test team.

And he is looking for genuine fast bowlers.who can sustain pace and intensity.   

A-team selections for Unofficial tests against England Lions can give us an indication.

P.s -  Why did the selectors choose Deepak Chahar and Gurbani for the Unofficial tests against NZ, if captain is looking for genuine fast bowlers  !!

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli says

"  But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as FAST as and as relentless as these guys,” said Kohli in his post-match interaction on Monday. “We already are in the process of identifying (three pacers), and then keep them ready – make them travel with the team, make them understand the importance of Test cricket, what areas to bowl, what the mindset should be. Because once you create this kind of culture in the team, you want it to continue.”

Indian cricket will always be indebted to Kohli for really wanting to develop a fast bowling culture in our Test team.

A-team selections for Unofficial tests against England Lions can give us an indication.

P.s -  Why did the selectors choose Deepak Chahar and Gurbani for the Unofficial tests against NZ, if captain is looking for genuine fast bowlers  !!

I think that's fair to send Gurbani atleast ,as he was phenomenal last year can't say much about that mediocre csk employee,he should have been kicked out straightway then

Gurbani is rewarded for what he did last year,if he doesn't delivers , I don't think slectors will have him in their radar

But Chahar slection is worth pondering

He is going nowhere,wont play in w c even if csk quota pushes him into wc squad, just wasting a spot,same as with Kaul,

Edited by Suhaan
19 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If i have to pick 3 

Siraj- the guy has broken the door now 

Rajpoot - all format bowler 

Avesh - the kind of bowler who ll trouble batsman of any calibre from any era

I would currently as of today go with 

Siraj- He has already got selected into Indian Australian ODI team, so I think one out of the three is definitely him.

Avesh Khan- Young Powerful fast bowler and definitely 140 to 148K bowler.

Varun Aroon- Another genuine fast bowler who should replace the down on speed and form Umesh Yadav.

My fourth Guy who is young but definitely will come up is Shivam Mavi.

13 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Apart from the names mentioned here like Avesh, Ankit and Aniket... Chance should also be given to the u19 wc fast bowling duo of Mavi and Nagarkoti. They bowled so well in the tournament it was an eye opener, the foreign commies couldn't stop praising them. Catch them young if they are good enough they'll learn and thrive. 

Absolutely.

Mavi and Nagarkoti are the rarerest of talents ...  bowling upto 150 kph and bowling well as teenagers.

It is sad that Nagarkoti is injured now and missing the entire Ranji season as a result.  

Mavi should be fast tracked to the Unofficial test team for sure.

Edited by express bowling
6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli says

keywords used by kohli are who are as fast as Jasprit and Shammi and as relentless as Jasprit and Shammi.

Avesh - is he as fast as Jasprit and Shammi ..Possibly yes..as relentless possibly he can become.

Siraj- Possibly Yes

Ankit rajpoot- No he is not as fast as jasprit and shammi , so I doubt whether he can be considered in the 3 Virat is looking for.

Saini- No......................-do............................................................

Mavi- Yes he is as fast as shammi and can become as fast as jasprit too and relentless too.

Varun- Yes.

Ankeket chawdhry- Not Sure whether he can be as relentless as Shammi and Jasprit , as of today he is not.

line n length etc can be trained too.

from the above analysis varun,siraj and avesh fit the bill , mavi is close. nagarkoti - we dont know about his fitness.

Edited by vishalvirsingh
51 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

varun aaron has played less matches but i think he has bowled very well and has got wickets too...i will let others answer this.

rajpoot bowling avg this season is 17 and aaron 23

It is the right time to give rajpoot a chance, if not now when wud we....and Aaron has had his chances . Aniket, rajpoot, avesh all have done better then him and all deserve their chance....as of now Aaron needs to keep playing domestic n keep picking wkts. By the time next test series happens he can go to county and if he really good then shud be considered 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

keywords used by kohli are who are as fast as Jasprit and Shammi and as relentless as Jasprit and Shammi.

Avesh - is he as fast as Jasprit and Shammi ..Possibly yes..as relentless possibly he can become.

Siraj- Possibly Yes

Ankit rajpoot- No he is not as fast as jasprit and shammi , so I doubt whether he can be considered in the 3 Virat is looking for.

Saini- No......................-do............................................................

Mavi- Yes he is as fast as shammi and can become as fast as jasprit too and relentless too.

Varun- Yes.

Ankeket chawdhry- Not Sure whether he can be as relentless as Shammi and Jasprit , as of today he is not.

line n length etc can be trained too.

from the above analysis varun,siraj and avesh fit the bill , mavi is close. nagarkoti - we dont know about his fitness.

Rajpoot and Chaudhary are not as a fast Bumrah but definitely they are as quick as Shami, but they are taller than both Bumrah and Shami, Nagarkotti is being treated in London for his stress fracture and they say it's good to get stress fracture for an athlete as early and it is normal for them. 

14 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I think that's fair to send Gurbani atleast ,as he was phenomenal last year can't say much about that mediocre csk employee,he should have been kicked out straightway then

Gurbani is rewarded for what he did last year,if he doesn't delivers , I don't think slectors will have him in their radar

But Chahar slection is worth pondering

He is going nowhere,wont play in w c even if csk quota pushes him into wc squad, just wasting a spot,same as with Kaul,

Simple.. due to the notion that kiwi pitches are similar to what we see in England.