Sign in to follow this  
SK_IH

Someone has to make way for Shubhman Gill

Shaw has lived upto his hype until now and is a superb addition in the squad. Shubman out batted this guy in the U19 WC and in general just like Shaw has been labelled as one for the future. But he seems too good for domestics and is ready for International Cricket.

Let him swim or sink in intl. cricket, this guys seems special. 

It aint happening before the WC for sure, at this point even shaw, mayank will find it tough to make it to LOI lineup

Till then gill can keep playing domestic n A-games which is not bad for him and neither is our team in a panic stage . At this point its very imp for gill to play a lot .....even if he gets selected in Indian team somehow he ll warm benches 

I really hope he plays all games for eng lion tour and then KKR bat him up 

I expected Rayudu to be exposed in Aus n NZ, but i doubt now specially watching the pitches in NZ-SL series 

27 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If Kohli has a vision like Imran Khan, he would pick Gill for the world cup as a middle order batsman. Need more younger batsmen in this 30+ batting line up.

VK goes for experience/TTF

24 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

absolutely, lets move on from these Rayudus and ilk. He is performing for sure but Indian cricket is not that poor to accommodate a player who not even plays 1st class cricket.

Rayudu I can still understabd, scored some runs recently, why is suddenly DK back in ODI team? Scoring 20s and 30s in T20s is great but does that make him a good ODI finisher? Baffling decision.

Jadhav they are looking at as a batsman and a part timer who can bowl 4-5 overs when needed, so understandable.

8 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Rayudu I can still understabd, scored some runs recently, why is suddenly DK back in ODI team? Scoring 20s and 30s in T20s is great but does that make him a good ODI finisher? Baffling decision.

Jadhav they are looking at as a batsman and a part timer who can bowl 4-5 overs when needed, so understandable.

DK is pathetic selection...

Ajay Jadeja was a noob in 1992 Australia world cup. He belonged from the word go. I think we can catch many teams by surprise with his inclusion. At the last moment they can drop Dhoni and include Pant hehe (am i dreaming too much)

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

You want to remove our 2nd best ODI batsman?

Yes! I would remove him after this WC from opening slot, and open with Shaw and Shubman Gill. I believe that Shaw and Shubman will be better combo than Rohit and Dhawan for 2023.  Dhawan will be 37 during next world cup 2023. Look at what happened to Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni. You don't want to be in 2022 start and looking for opening replacements.