Bring Back Pant in ODI - Harbhajan Singh

Khota

17 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

You have to wonder if MSD will go back to his initial days of axe-wielding after the kidn of headlines that Pant has created. He has nothing to lose and that's exactly the brand of cricket we will need from MSD if India are to match Eng, NZ firepower in the WC.

I'm afraid we'll rarely see that Dhoni at international level anymore. That explosiveness is more or less gone from his batting as his hand-eye coordination with the bat has deserted him. From 34-35 onwards, age irreversibly catches up with athletes. 

He isn't intentionally striking at barely 70 these days; it's just natural, terminal decline. 

53 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

You have to wonder if MSD will go back to his initial days of axe-wielding after the kidn of headlines that Pant has created. He has nothing to lose and that's exactly the brand of cricket we will need from MSD if India are to match Eng, NZ firepower in the WC.

You are making it seem like MSD has been sucking due to his own choice :laugh:

In recent times he has tried to attack but just couldn’t connect due to declining hand eye coordination  or even rotate strike which he was so good at on his prime. He has even struggled against spinners.

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

You are making it seem like MSD has been sucking due to his own choice :laugh:

In recent times he has tried to attack but just couldn’t connect due to declining hand eye coordination  or even rotate strike which he was so good at on his prime. He has even struggled against spinners.

And some people here think with optional net practice, thalaiva will be back in form :phehe:

3 hours ago, diga said:

Pant's list-A stats are not that impressive compared to his first class stats... may be he needs to hone his skills in Vijay Hazare trophy and then vie for WK role

I must say I am impressed with his batting in the last two innings in Aus. Eralier even in that series he was trying to be ultra aggressive as he does in ODIs. But the way he build his innings in last two innings was good to watch. Also, i remember he finished a match in A series against English Lions.