Yuvraj Singh hopes to make a return to national side through IPL

SecondSlip

Yuvraj Singh had established himself as India’s most prominent player, he batted at number 4 providing vital partnerships in the middle overs and getting important breakthroughs when the team was in search of wickets. On 24 September 2007, India became the first side to lift ICC T20 world cup. Yuvraj Singh was the man of the moment in the tournament, he scored the famous 6 sixes in an over off Stuart Broad and scored fastest fifty(12 balls) in T20s. He had a strike rate of 194.74 during the tournament. He also smashed a quick fire 30 balls 70 in the semifinals against Aussies.

For years he had a great impact in India’s ODI success. He had major contributions in India triumph in ICC 2011 World Cup where he scored 362 runs and took 15 wickets. The left-hander was the player of the tournament in the mega event. But, he was diagnosed with cancer during the ICC event. He returned to the field in 2012 but due to his poor form and fitness, he was dropped. He made several comebacks in the team but failed yet again. He managed to make a come back in ODI squad against England in 2017 after his brilliant performances in Ranji trophy 2016-17. After several poor shows, the 37-year-old was left out of the squad.

Even though he was in and out of the Indian team Yuvraj Singh was one of the hot buys in IPL, picking up contracts of 14 crores from RCB in 2014, 16 crores from DD in 2015 and 7 crores from SRH in IPL 2017. However, he was unsold in the first round of IPL 2018 auction but later was bagged for 1 crore by Mumbai Indians. The left-hander sees this year IPL and other national tournaments as a chance to prove himself and be a contender in World Cup squad. The 37-year-old has so far scored 8701 ODI runs in 304 matches with an average of 36.55. With the ball, he has picked 111 wickets with best of 5/31.

“I’m trying my best. This is our final league Ranji Trophy match and let’s see if we can qualify. After this, we have the national T20 tournament and then we have the IPL. I will give my best shot and hope for the best,” Yuvraj said at the Jadavpur University Salt Lake Campus ground.

He also praised the Indian team for Test series victory against Australia. The Punjab batsman went on to hail young Rishabh Pant for his performances.

https://www.crictracker.com/yuvraj-singh-hopes-to-make-a-return-to-national-side-through-ipl/ 

This guy has a habit of sneaking into India's squad for ICC tournaments. Won't be surprised if it happens again if Rayudu fails in Australia & New Zealand :rotfl: 

I have been his fan and really admire him but this is height. He barely got buyer in this year's auction (3rd round in auction) and got only 6-7 matches to play last year. I don't see him finding place in playing XI of Mumbai Indians after 1-2 matches. Carrying confidence is good thing but being delusional beliefs is not advisable.