Starpower

India vs Australia | 1st ODI | Sydney Cricket Ground | Jan 12, 2019 | Match Thread | 7.50 am IST I

Just now, gooner said:

This Indian team is crying for influx of young blood. New style new personalities. If it will take a drubbing to take me there I will be happy to take one. I don't understand Dhoni and Rohit now they should be able to pinch singles as bare minimum.

What many on this forum don't understand is that the ability of our top order (top 3) against 2 new balls is overrated, especially against genuine pace. On flat tracks they have an even chance, but when chasing even a moderately high total on non pancakes they fail 9 times out of 10 :facepalm:

Just now, R!TTER said:

What many on this forum don't understand is that the ability of our top order (top 3) against 2 new balls is overrated, especially against genuine pace. On flat tracks they have an even chance, but when chasing even a moderately high total on non pancakes they fail 9 times out of 10 :facepalm:

Not really, opener infact top 3 are fine.

They will not click every day but on their day they will do fine and win you many games. Our problem starts after number 3. 

24 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

No the top 3 aren't as good as they're made out to be! Failed against Pak in CT final, WC semi vs Aus & barely did anything against Bangers in QF, if not for the 50/50 n ball call that went in favor of Sharma. This LO side is overrated as hell :bumsmack:

Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir were so much better & yeah I know the whole ICF will cry/melt complaining not to put this bunch down after just a few failures!

Yeah but we can't change top 3 before World Cup. But i empathise with our top 3. there is immense pressure on them knowing that if 2 of them go, the rest will collapse like dominoes.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Not really, opener infact top 3 are fine.

They will not click every day but on their day they will do fine and win you many games. Our problem starts after number 3. 

I think you'll find their record in tough chases ordinary, in fact the 3 KO games I listed a few pages back show a worrying trend.

1 minute ago, gooner said:

FFS dhoni putting pressure on Rohit to go kamikaze. I don't understand how Rohit and kohli trust Dhoni so much.

Imagine dhoni batting with kohli or rohit in worldcup semi final with same intent and then batsman at other end gets out because of him chasing 300 with 30 strike rate.

Edited by Nikola

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

Imagine dhoni batting with kohli or rohit in worldcup semi final with same intent and then batsman at other end gets out because of him chasing 300.

Iam sure this same scenario is gonna happen in a crucial match. Like yuvraj. Only that may get him out.