Starpower

India vs Australia | 1st ODI | Sydney Cricket Ground | Jan 12, 2019 | Match Thread | 7.50 am IST I

This. If this Australian team of all teams is destroying what is our stronger suit - bowling, I can only imagine the carnage that is gonna be unleashed on us by other teams at the CWC.
It's not the bowling which scares me,it's the batting

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

1. Rohit 

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli 

4. ? 

5. ? 

6. ? 

7. ? 

8. ? 

9. Kuldeep 

10. Bumrah 

11. Chahal 

We still have 5 slots open in the team. We are nowhere near ready for the World Cup. 

Rohit

Dhawan

VK 

Rayudu

MSD 

Pandya

Jaddu

Kuldeep

Shami

Chahal

Bumrah

8 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

1. Rohit 

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli 

4. ? 

5. ? 

6. ? 

7. ? 

8. ? 

9. Kuldeep 

10. Bumrah 

11. Chahal 

We still have 5 slots open in the team. We are nowhere near ready for the World Cup. 

Chahal is also a liability. Cannot hold bat to save his life, poor fielder and is not a wicket taker. Someone like Gowtham or Krunal would've been more valuable to the team. 

1 minute ago, Dhruved said:

Rohit

Dhawan

VK 

Rayudu

MSD 

Pandya

Jaddu

Kuldeep

Shami

Chahal

Bumrah

I think this is a realistic (but not the "best") team that can be selected by TM and selectors. perhaps jadhav instead of jaddu since 6 bowling options is over-kill. 5 options + part-timer should suffice. 2 spinners may get tonked in eng.

2 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

Chahal is also a liability. Cannot hold bat to save his life, poor fielder and is not a wicket taker. Someone like Gowtham or Krunal would've been more valuable to the team. 

Chahal is not a wicket taker? You might want to check out his bowling stats. He was one of the big reasons why we won 5-1 in South Africa last year. It’s a joke to compare Gowtham and Krunal to chahal in the bowling department. 

He doesn’t have to be a good batsman at #11. We don’t deserve to win games if we are depending on Chahal to score runs for the team. 

Agree on fielding, he needs to work very hard on that. 

25 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Bhuvi lacks match practice to be a death bowler. I am not worried he will get better as World cup approaches to bowl in death. He is the most fresh bowler so these games will only make him better.

This first ball which went for six was intentional yorker which did not go right and ended up being full toss.

He is trying to bowl the right ball which is what I like.

I think within few games by the time we reach NZ, he would have found his full rhythm. Its not easy to sit 1 month carrying gatorade for your teammates. Bhuvi is good for the world cup.

This is what called blind bhakti. He is outrightly pathetic in past 1 year and still you defending him.Have you seen his average and ER he is just playing on his early reputation , reality is he is not at all good if pitch is not green.

12 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

56 wickets at a bowling avg of 25 and not a wicket taker.? 

No wonder we deserve bowlers averaging near 40s :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Chahal is not a wicket taker? You might want to check out his bowling stats. He was one of the big reasons why we won 5-1 in South Africa last year. It’s a joke to compare Gowtham and Krunal to chahal in the bowling department. 

This is his series averages in his last three outings. 

Chahal.PNG.20c35ee9ae1ff90f1ed63059208775a7.PNG

He will be a bigger liability, even more so than Bhuvneshawar Kumar in England. Gowtham is in a red hot form with the ball in India A games and is a better striker of the ball than all of our lower order batsmen combined. 

2 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

56 wickets at a bowling avg of 25 and not a wicket taker.? 

No wonder we deserve bowlers averaging near 40s :facepalm:

I don't think you have seen his recent form. That's why he is warming bench at the moment. 

This is his series averages in his last three outings. 

Chahal.PNG.20c35ee9ae1ff90f1ed63059208775a7.PNG

He will be a bigger liability, even more so than Bhuvneshawar Kumar in England. Gowtham is in a red hot form with the ball in India A games and is a better striker of the ball than all of our lower order batsmen combined. 

Not going to debate with you on this.

It’s obvious you will only support a specific category of cricketers judging by your username. 

4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

This is what called blind bhakti. He is outrightly pathetic in past 1 year and still you defending him.Have you seen his average and ER he is just playing on his early reputation , reality is he is not at all good if pitch is not green.

I don’t go for average al the time. He bowls well upfront, might not get wickets all the time but cricket one day game has changed. He puts pressure on one end and causes wicket on the other end or for bowlers who come later.

I don't think you have seen his recent form. That's why he is warming bench at the moment. 

He is warming the bench coz we gotta have one AR in the team. Unfortunately with Hardik out jaddu has to play. Come wc, hardik will b the third seamer and kul Cha will b back sd spin twins

Behrendorff to Dhawan, OUT, LBW! Given out and Dhawan walks off! Behrendorff gets his first. Fuller length, it nipped back off the seam, Dhawan's head falls over, it beats the inside edge and hits him plumb on the shin in front of off! No doubt about that one.

S Dhawan lbw b Behrendorff 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I don’t go for average al the time. He bowls well upfront, might not get wickets all the time but cricket one day game has changed. He puts pressure on one end and causes wicket on the other end or for bowlers who come later.

Bro, but what pressure are you talking about.. He has gone for over 6 in the last year. So there's no pressure nor wickets. 

1 minute ago, SecondSlip said:

Not going to debate with you on this.

It’s obvious you will only support a specific category of cricketers judging by your username. 

More like you don't have anything better to say in Chahal's defense. Why is he averaging 60+ in England, if he is such a good bowler. The same thing is going to happen to him in WC, which is also in England. 

1 minute ago, Kannadiga said:

More like you don't have anything better to say in Chahal's defense. Why is he averaging 60+ in England, if he is such a good bowler. The same thing is going to happen to him in WC, which is also in England. 

Kul-Cha are an amazing pair and will help India win lots of games. 

Discussion over. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

This is all myth how can he create pressure when he has been taken to cleaners. It's just that bumrah is so good that it hides bhuvi incompetence. He looks pretty toothless is already a trundler and most of his stock balls are slower delivery and knuckle balls which might work in ipl but in 50 overs he ll always be taken for cleaners. Bhuvi crates pressure, dhoni provide calmness and shastri strategize things are biggest hypocrisy spread by their fans. Its all be exposed in world cup not that it's not expose now just that until it cost wc peoples delusion would not be over.

36 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Bhuvi lacks match practice to be a death bowler. I am not worried he will get better as World cup approaches to bowl in death. He is the most fresh bowler so these games will only make him better.

This first ball which went for six was intentional yorker which did not go right and ended up being full toss.

He is trying to bowl the right ball which is what I like.

I think within few games by the time we reach NZ, he would have found his full rhythm. Its not easy to sit 1 month carrying gatorade for your teammates. Bhuvi is good for the world cup.

When Bk was bowling well in death overs he used to bowl really good accurate yorkers and mix it with slower balls. Nowadays he is not able to bowl accurate yorkers and ends up relying too much on the slower bowl and gets punished. 

3 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

He is warming the bench coz we gotta have one AR in the team. Unfortunately with Hardik out jaddu has to play. Come wc, hardik will b the third seamer and kul Cha will b back sd spin twins

I am not sure about that. The reason Kohli is looking for other options is because Chahal averaged 60+ in England. That's abysmal by any standards. 

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

When Bk was bowling well in death overs he used to bowl really good accurate yorkers and mix it with slower balls. Nowadays he is not able to bowl accurate yorkers and ends up relying too much on the slower bowl and gets punished. 

I agree, with time he has gotten worse. He did bowl well in IPL at the same level in international cricket. 

ek aur gaya 

Richardson to Kohli, OUT, caught at square leg! Oh no! He's nailed this off his pads straight to Marcus Stoinis at forward square!

V Kohli c Stoinis b Richardson 3 (8b 0x4 0x6) SR: 37.50

2 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Kul-Cha are an amazing pair and will help India win lots of games. 

Discussion over. 

So nothing to say about that 60+ average in England? Chahal will not be playing just Bangladesh in WC. England batsmen will manhandle him.