Would a fit Hardik Pandya make other teams purely for his bowling?

Considering the abject trundling sone teams have been indulging of late , I believe someone like Hardik Pandya would make it into a couple of teans purely as a bowler in test matches. Take Pakistan for example. Out of the 437 deliveries that were bowled at 140 clicks and above, only 25 were bowled by Pakistanis. Hardik would have bowled atleast as many on his own I reckon . Would Hardik Pandya make it as a frontline bowler for a trundling attack like PAK,SL,BD etc. ? Discuss. 

He is a good ODI cricketer imo. I do think he will get into most ODI teams.  England who has better all rounders like Ben Stokes and Chris Woakes. NZ have Santner and he might keep Pandya out of that team. Aussies have Maxwell who will keep Pandya out.

As for test team Pandya will find it tough as we have seen he has been dropped twice even by Indian team in his short test career. We have better test all rounder in Jadeja and Ashwin.  Even Bhuvneshwar Kumar although not tagged as an all rounder , bats better than Pandya in Sena as records  suggest. In Asian conditions Pandya can be considered in our test team as he bats better on flat wickets and has better batting stats in such conditions  Getting into test teams will be tough for him unlike in ODI . Some teams do not play a all-rounder at all in most tests, so Pandya will not make those teams as well. 

Edited by Straight Drive
1 hour ago, Khota said:

His skills are not good enough for playing Test or ODI for India. That is the bottom line. I think he can become a better bowler but he needs to give up on batting.

He's demonstrably better than the likes of Jimmy Neesham, Colin deGrandhomme, Andile Phelukwayo, Faheem Ashraf, etc.  And with time and development will surpass the likes of Mitch Marsh in ODIs as well.  His ODI numbers are in the Ben Stokes bracket.  

And btw, Pandya will make or break his career with his batting, not his bowling.  Just because you decided sitting in your creaky armchair that he should be a bowler, doesn't make him one.  

You need to stop with your silly little bias.  Its quite tiresome.

He's a good ODI cricketer. However, he has plenty to prove in the test level. First off, his batting need to be technically good and his temperament under pressure conditions need further testing. I'm ok with him going the tonk if he's a bowling allrounder but he looks more like a batting allrounder to me. So he can't go full tonk when under pressure. THat would be like Rohit's batting in the Adelaide test. Going for guns in the first innings and exposing his weakness in technique defending in the second.

His test bowling is something I don't buy. He can be fast medium in short spells. But when the ball gets old, I'm assuming his pace will go down. I don't think he will be that effective when coming back from injuries because he is not built to be a fast bowler. He will eventually have to quit bowling like Angelo Matthews. He can be our no.6 at home providing the 5th bowler in home conditions where we need the extra bowler and can up the run rate if we are going for a declaration.

Let’s see- WI,SL and Bangladesh-Absolutely in all formats

Nzl-debatable. Is he a better bowler than Milne,Ferguson,Southee,Wagner,Boult don’t think so

Pakistan-If we are considering him as a pure bowler then debatable but if you consider his batting as an add on he is better than their top order so he will have a spot in the side in all formats.

England- no chance in the test squad as Broad,Anderson are still going well and Stokes and Woakes are better test allrounders than Pandya. They also have Curran. In their LOI side given their fetish for allrounders in that format he might make it.

Australia- in LOIs absolutely. In tests maybe.

South Africa-no chance as a pure bowler. As an allrounder absolutely given he will help the  quota system as well.

Edited by maniac

He will not make it as a pure bowler to most teams - a pure bowler needs to bowl 20-25 overs per innings, and I don't think his body is accustomed to such heavy loads. As an all-rounder, he can make it to quite a few teams. Given the state of batting, he can also walk into Bang, Zim, SL, and WI as a pure batsman. Probably also Pak.

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

He's demonstrably better than the likes of Jimmy Neesham, Colin deGrandhomme, Andile Phelukwayo, Faheem Ashraf, etc.  And with time and development will surpass the likes of Mitch Marsh in ODIs as well.  His ODI numbers are in the Ben Stokes bracket.  

And btw, Pandya will make or break his career with his batting, not his bowling.  Just because you decided sitting in your creaky armchair that he should be a bowler, doesn't make him one.  

You need to stop with your silly little bias.  Its quite tiresome.

He is not competing with those guys. Can he displace Bumrah, Shami, yadav or Jadeja, if not there is no room for him.

Batting is a common skill in India bowling is at premium. Your read is very poor about the situation.

Bias is something you have. last I checked India did rather well without his services.

have a nice day.