Sign in to follow this  
coffee_rules

Amazon Prime

I think their content is better than Netflix. The last few shows, I am only watching Prime these days. They have better hindi/regional movie selections as well.

Bingewatched 'The Wire' - don't know how I missed the classic. Season 4 is the best.

Will start Bosch next.

Any more good suggestions?

2 hours ago, zen said:
  • Man on high castle
  • Grand tour
  • Goliath
  • Comrade Detective
  • Bosch 
  • Jack Ryan
  • Jean Claude Van Johnson
  • You are wanted 

most of these are good. some good comedies also - marvelous mrs. maisel is one of them.

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Prime is dirt cheap while Netflix is very expensive. I recently got prime free when I recharged my airtel number with 95 rupees.

How much is prime in India?

@coffee_rules I got student discount few years bwck.. Still have it for 45 I think or arund 50ish which they gave me few years back. 

How much is prime in India?

[mention=890]coffee_rules[/mention] I got student discount few years bwck.. Still have it for 45 I think or arund 50ish which they gave me few years back. 
Rs 999 per year or Rs 129 per month

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Pretty good price that.

Sent from Kitchen while eating Rajma Chawal.

It is also free with most Voda and airtel plans. To my surpise when I recharged with 95 my prepaid phone I got 1 year membership. On the other hand netflix is not free apart from very expensive plan of vodafone. It is horribly priced at 500 per month which is more than I pay for for all the channels with hd box to my cable.

15 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It is also free with most Voda and airtel plans. To my surpise when I recharged with 95 my prepaid phone I got 1 year membership. On the other hand netflix is not free apart from very expensive plan of vodafone. It is horribly priced at 500 per month which is more than I pay for for all the channels with hd box to my cable.

So if I recharge my Airtel with 95 I would get a 1 year free membership? 

Sounds delightful

10 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I pay 600 per month for Netflix. It's bloody expensive tbh.

No sense in netflix. I pay 300 to den digital cable  for non hd Tv and 400 for HD .In That I got almost all channels. While 600 is for one bloody Netflix.

Edited by Singh bling

Overall Prime is clearly an inferior product in comparison to Netflix. It mainly relies on it's Hindi shows which might work for some but for me when I subscribe to a streaming service , I want to see high quality dramas and not some Mirzapur type stupid ****.

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Overall Prime is clearly an inferior product in comparison to Netflix. It mainly relies on it's Hindi shows which might work for some but for me when I subscribe to a streaming service , I want to see high quality dramas and not some Mirzapur type stupid ****.

I thought there were some good ex-HBO shows in Prime, but I am more familiar with the US version.

21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I thought there were some good ex-HBO shows in Prime, but I am more familiar with the US version.

Indian version is complete dud. Apart from The Wire and The Bosch , there aren't many good TV series on it tbh.

Also Netflix's original content is far superior in quality.

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Indian version is complete dud. Apart from The Wire and The Bosch , there aren't many good TV series on it tbh.

Also Netflix's original content is far superior in quality.

thanks for the info. I guess the gap between the two is more in india - I've used them both in Ind, but not for long. I know the US versions better, and I'd say that the gap between the two is narrower, although netflix is ahead. Hulu is better than both in some respects IMHO, but I know it's not available in India.