Sign in to follow this  
coffee_rules

Amazon Prime

I think their content is better than Netflix. The last few shows, I am only watching Prime these days. They have better hindi/regional movie selections as well.

Bingewatched 'The Wire' - don't know how I missed the classic. Season 4 is the best.

Will start Bosch next.

Any more good suggestions?

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Prime is dirt cheap while Netflix is very expensive. I recently got prime free when I recharged my airtel number with 95 rupees.

How much is prime in India?

@coffee_rules I got student discount few years bwck.. Still have it for 45 I think or arund 50ish which they gave me few years back. 

How much is prime in India?

[mention=890]coffee_rules[/mention] I got student discount few years bwck.. Still have it for 45 I think or arund 50ish which they gave me few years back. 
Rs 999 per year or Rs 129 per month

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Pretty good price that.

Sent from Kitchen while eating Rajma Chawal.

It is also free with most Voda and airtel plans. To my surpise when I recharged with 95 my prepaid phone I got 1 year membership. On the other hand netflix is not free apart from very expensive plan of vodafone. It is horribly priced at 500 per month which is more than I pay for for all the channels with hd box to my cable.

15 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It is also free with most Voda and airtel plans. To my surpise when I recharged with 95 my prepaid phone I got 1 year membership. On the other hand netflix is not free apart from very expensive plan of vodafone. It is horribly priced at 500 per month which is more than I pay for for all the channels with hd box to my cable.

So if I recharge my Airtel with 95 I would get a 1 year free membership? 

Sounds delightful

10 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I pay 600 per month for Netflix. It's bloody expensive tbh.

No sense in netflix. I pay 300 to den digital cable  for non hd Tv and 400 for HD .In That I got almost all channels. While 600 is for one bloody Netflix.

Edited by Singh bling

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Overall Prime is clearly an inferior product in comparison to Netflix. It mainly relies on it's Hindi shows which might work for some but for me when I subscribe to a streaming service , I want to see high quality dramas and not some Mirzapur type stupid ****.

I thought there were some good ex-HBO shows in Prime, but I am more familiar with the US version.

21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I thought there were some good ex-HBO shows in Prime, but I am more familiar with the US version.

Indian version is complete dud. Apart from The Wire and The Bosch , there aren't many good TV series on it tbh.

Also Netflix's original content is far superior in quality.

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Indian version is complete dud. Apart from The Wire and The Bosch , there aren't many good TV series on it tbh.

Also Netflix's original content is far superior in quality.

thanks for the info. I guess the gap between the two is more in india - I've used them both in Ind, but not for long. I know the US versions better, and I'd say that the gap between the two is narrower, although netflix is ahead. Hulu is better than both in some respects IMHO, but I know it's not available in India.