vvvslaxman

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

1) Top heavy

2) useless lower order

3) sc100x100.jpg

4) Lack of finishers

5) 5th/6th  bowling option

6) Unfit, unreliable players

to this, I would also add a lack of proper support to bumrah in the pace-bowling dept. shami is a capable ODI bowler, especially in terms of taking wkts, but he has not played regularly. bhuvi cannot take wkts in ODIs and even his run containment is so-so. spin is fine for the most part.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes. our death bowling is erratic. Some days they can do well. Some days they can go horribly wrong.

yeah. our spin is okay. two good wristspinners in kulcha. jaddu is not very suited for ODIs, but he has not done too badly since his comeback. I wish we had a decent offie though.

Do we really need sixth bowling option?

So far the only hole I see is Dhoni. If that spot is plugged by karthick we are half way there. 

Of the 5 bowlers jadeja, Bumrah, yadav, Shami are must.

5th bowler I am not sure of (No Ashwin/No Pandya). Against Asian teams it should be a pace option aagainst others it should be spin.

Too early to pick a team though.

Edited by Khota
33 minutes ago, Khota said:

Do we really need sixth bowling option?

So far the only hole I see is Dhoni. If that spot is plugged by karthick we are half way there. 

Of the 5 bowlers jadeja, Bumrah, yadav, Shami are must.

5th bowler I am not sure of (No Ashwin/No Pandya). Against Asian teams it should be a pace option aagainst others it should be spin.

Too early to pick a team though.

yes, we need 6th bowler. at least 1 bowler will have an off-day. just need someone to bowl 2-3 overs on most days but possibly as much as 6-7 on a bad day

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, we need 6th bowler. at least 1 bowler will have an off-day. just need someone to bowl 2-3 overs on most days but possibly as much as 6-7 on a bad day

That is why BCCI needs to invest heavily into Analytics to make that decision. You take a sixth bowler you lose a batsman. You need minimum of 5 batsman with substantial contribution from keeper. Short answer: I am not so sure we need 6th bowler.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

That is why BCCI needs to invest heavily into Analytics to make that decision. You take a sixth bowler you lose a batsman. You need minimum of 5 batsman with substantial contribution from keeper. Short answer: I am not so sure we need 6th bowler.

yes we do , what is ur plan if one of ur bowler gets injured or has a bad day n these bowlers in LOI have many days .

all sides have 6th bowler infact some has more 

Thats why u need batsman who can bowl or do both 

Most important issue is bench strength which is not being played, we consistently play Chahar or kaul, even Siraj has dropped pace, where as bowlers like rajpoot, Chaudhary, mavi, avesh, Siraj, Saini are picking wickets also we need a pace bowling allrounder apart from Pandya, guys like kishan, Pant, gill, shaw, should have been part of this setup 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes we do , what is ur plan if one of ur bowler gets injured or has a bad day n these bowlers in LOI have many days .

all sides have 6th bowler infact some has more 

Thats why u need batsman who can bowl or do both 

The injury part does not bother me as that can happen to anyone. If you are looking for someone like Raina I have no problem but I do expect the 5 to complete their quota win or lose.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

The injury part does not bother me as that can happen to anyone. If you are looking for someone like Raina I have no problem but I do expect the 5 to complete their quota win or lose.

ye sab bolne ke liye acha, if that happens in the middle of cruicial game team is gone

Raina cnt even play 130k km bouncers now and have started to struggle against spin to  , raina doesnt bowl much these days 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ye sab bolne ke liye acha, if that happens in the middle of cruicial game team is gone

Raina cnt even play 130k km bouncers now and have started to struggle against spin to  , raina doesnt bowl much these days 

mere bhai game mein koi bhi injure ho sakta hai. That comes with the territory and you cannot do anything about it.

Raina was an example I gave, not necesarrily to select him. It all depends on his form. Still few months left,

Just now, Khota said:

mere bhai game mein koi bhi injure ho sakta hai. That comes with the territory and you cannot do anything about it.

Raina was an example I gave, not necesarrily to select him. It all depends on his form. Still few months left,

Mere bhai u always need backup for every situation, others team have that we dont. U cnt go with Plan-A only 

There is one more scenario apart from injury and thats is a bowler getting a whacking, Wc is eng and those pattas any one can have a bad day