Jump to content
vvvslaxman

Holes in world cup squad

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

1) Top heavy

2) useless lower order

3) sc100x100.jpg

4) Lack of finishers

5) 5th/6th  bowling option

6) Unfit, unreliable players

to this, I would also add a lack of proper support to bumrah in the pace-bowling dept. shami is a capable ODI bowler, especially in terms of taking wkts, but he has not played regularly. bhuvi cannot take wkts in ODIs and even his run containment is so-so. spin is fine for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes. our death bowling is erratic. Some days they can do well. Some days they can go horribly wrong.

yeah. our spin is okay. two good wristspinners in kulcha. jaddu is not very suited for ODIs, but he has not done too badly since his comeback. I wish we had a decent offie though.

Share this post


Link to post

Do we really need sixth bowling option?

So far the only hole I see is Dhoni. If that spot is plugged by karthick we are half way there. 

Of the 5 bowlers jadeja, Bumrah, yadav, Shami are must.

5th bowler I am not sure of (No Ashwin/No Pandya). Against Asian teams it should be a pace option aagainst others it should be spin.

 

Too early to pick a team though.

Edited by Khota

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Khota said:

Do we really need sixth bowling option?

So far the only hole I see is Dhoni. If that spot is plugged by karthick we are half way there. 

Of the 5 bowlers jadeja, Bumrah, yadav, Shami are must.

5th bowler I am not sure of (No Ashwin/No Pandya). Against Asian teams it should be a pace option aagainst others it should be spin.

 

Too early to pick a team though.

yes, we need 6th bowler. at least 1 bowler will have an off-day. just need someone to bowl 2-3 overs on most days but possibly as much as 6-7 on a bad day

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, we need 6th bowler. at least 1 bowler will have an off-day. just need someone to bowl 2-3 overs on most days but possibly as much as 6-7 on a bad day

That is why BCCI needs to invest heavily into Analytics to make that decision. You take a sixth bowler you lose a batsman. You need minimum of 5 batsman with substantial contribution from keeper. Short answer: I am not so sure we need 6th bowler.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Khota said:

That is why BCCI needs to invest heavily into Analytics to make that decision. You take a sixth bowler you lose a batsman. You need minimum of 5 batsman with substantial contribution from keeper. Short answer: I am not so sure we need 6th bowler.

yes we do , what is ur plan if one of ur bowler gets injured or has a bad day n these bowlers in LOI have many days .

all sides have 6th bowler infact some has more 

 

Thats why u need batsman who can bowl or do both 

Share this post


Link to post

Most important issue is bench strength which is not being played, we consistently play Chahar or kaul, even Siraj has dropped pace, where as bowlers like rajpoot, Chaudhary, mavi, avesh, Siraj, Saini are picking wickets also we need a pace bowling allrounder apart from Pandya, guys like kishan, Pant, gill, shaw, should have been part of this setup 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes we do , what is ur plan if one of ur bowler gets injured or has a bad day n these bowlers in LOI have many days .

all sides have 6th bowler infact some has more 

 

Thats why u need batsman who can bowl or do both 

The injury part does not bother me as that can happen to anyone. If you are looking for someone like Raina I have no problem but I do expect the 5 to complete their quota win or lose.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Khota said:

The injury part does not bother me as that can happen to anyone. If you are looking for someone like Raina I have no problem but I do expect the 5 to complete their quota win or lose.

ye sab bolne ke liye acha, if that happens in the middle of cruicial game team is gone

Raina cnt even play 130k km bouncers now and have started to struggle against spin to  , raina doesnt bowl much these days 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ye sab bolne ke liye acha, if that happens in the middle of cruicial game team is gone

Raina cnt even play 130k km bouncers now and have started to struggle against spin to  , raina doesnt bowl much these days 

mere bhai game mein koi bhi injure ho sakta hai. That comes with the territory and you cannot do anything about it.

Raina was an example I gave, not necesarrily to select him. It all depends on his form. Still few months left,

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Khota said:

mere bhai game mein koi bhi injure ho sakta hai. That comes with the territory and you cannot do anything about it.

Raina was an example I gave, not necesarrily to select him. It all depends on his form. Still few months left,

Mere bhai u always need backup for every situation, others team have that we dont. U cnt go with Plan-A only 

There is one more scenario apart from injury and thats is a bowler getting a whacking, Wc is eng and those pattas any one can have a bad day

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes. our death bowling is erratic. Some days they can do well. Some days they can go horribly wrong.

ours is probably the best death bowling unit in the world.  if you are saying that them then think about others.

Share this post


Link to post

Apart from Kohli, Rohit, Dhawan  and   Bumrah Kuldeep, Chahal   ...  the rest of the team members are either poor or average.

 

And Chahal has to be kept out for including an all-rounder.

 

So ...  apart from top 3 batsmen ,  1  pacer  and  1 spinner  ...  all the rest are potential holes in the ODI 11.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Apart from Kohli, Rohit, Dhawan  and   Bumrah Kuldeep, Chahal   ...  the rest of the team members are either poor or average.

  

And Chahal has to be kept out for including an all-rounder.

 

So ...  apart from top 3 batsmen ,  1  pacer  and  1 spinner  ...  all the rest are potential holes in the ODI 11.

 

 

basically this. 5 players (albeit very good ones) and 6 crap ones. pretty clear this is one team not winning the WC.

Share this post


Link to post

Problems with dhoni isn't restricted to his pathetic batting only.

He is the reason why we don't see pant in Odis

He is the reason why side is filled with csk hacks like raydu, jadeja.

He is the reason why we see trundlers like khaleel, kaul, chahar in odi teams.

 There are so many holes with dhoni alone in the odi se-tup.

 

Trust me dhoni is the bigger rat, kick him out and 90% of the holes will be filled.

Like how we have rejuvenated our test side.

Share this post


Link to post

Do we even have a squad? Jadeja was out of favour just 6 months back, now Chahal’s career is in a limbo. Kul-Cha have been the most successful bowling pair in last 18 months while all pacers other than Bumrah have sucked. So what did we do? Dropped Chahal. Between aggressive and defensive bowlers, our preference is always to go for containing bowlers even though it’s keeps biting us back.

 

likewise in batting, DK got his chances, sucked. Jadhav did decently with bat and ball but suddenly Jadhav gets dropped for DK because DK hit a couple of 20s inT20s.

 

We have the worst fielding unit among all countries and play a brand of cricket which is boring.

Share this post


Link to post

Rayudu is unreliable in SENA. He did the same thing before last WC.Scored runs in Asia & failed completely in Aus.Looks like history will repeat again.

Jadhav's fitness is dodgy.The more he bowls,he will be easier to pick apart.His bowling will be unnecessary in England.If spinners are needed,Jadeja should take his place.He can bowl full quota as 6th bowler.

No 4-7 are liabilities. Karthik did well in T20s.

Khaleel is not good enough. Shami should take his place.

I want Pant & Shaw in WC squad.

Pandya,Bhuvi,Jadeja & Ashwin are the only all rounders we have.Rest all are unreliable.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mere bhai u always need backup for every situation, others team have that we dont. U cnt go with Plan-A only 

There is one more scenario apart from injury and thats is a bowler getting a whacking, Wc is eng and those pattas any one can have a bad day

Now I would be concerned about bowler having a bad day and I truly don't know the option in that case.

That is why I recommend BCCI invests heavily on Analytics as baseball does. That takes debates and the values of players out of discussions and mathematical models assist in making the decision. Baseball has really cut down on errors and their fielding placements are incredibly accurate to account for all the bats. BCCI needs to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I sincerely hope they do not send a SOS for Pant or other younger batsmen. Send Manish Pandey for Rahul. 

 

Let this middle order play the 7 ODIs and 3 T20s. Will get thoroughly exposed like today. Pant, Gill and Shaw should then be picked for the LOI series vs Aus in end Feb.

Oh yeah, not another accumulator.

Edited by Clarke

Share this post


Link to post

We have a bunch of cons representing us. Expect nothing from them. 

Only hope from this WC is post tourney, Bevada and Kohli are forced to resign. Atleast, MSD, DK, Rayudu are immediately dropped, we start looking replacement for few others

Edited by mishra

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×