taken to the cleaners

zen

Easy for someone like Shami to bowl yorkers kn will who has played full month of test cricket and is in the rhythm. But when you carry gatorade which Bhuvi did and lack match practice for a month you can’t just come and get yorkers right everytime. It takes time. Bhuvi will get better. 

I think he did decent earlier. Deah bowling needs lot of match practice which he lacks. I think he will be ready for world cup.

England are his conditons and he will do well there.

They were lucky to get away with it in this day and age. 

Bhuvi in particular didn't do anything wrong. Was very good in his first 7 overs, made the ball talk with that Finch dismissal on this dead wicket.

Khaleel - tbh he exceeded my expectations in his first spell (except for the no-balls). Bowled good areas. Once he started pitching it short though:phehe:. But there is enough there to work with, since he is still young and brings left arm variety.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Easy for someone like Shami to bowl yorkers kn will who has played full month of test cricket and is in the rhythm. But when you carry gatorade which Bhuvi did and lack match practice for a month you can’t just come and get yorkers right everytime. It takes time. Bhuvi will get better. 

I think he did decent earlier. Deah bowling needs lot of match practice which he lacks. I think he will be ready for world cup.

Because of these guys we had trundlers in past till current era bowlers. How much more matches to improve? Already given 100 matches and he is still avg at it's best. Have some shame those hard working bowlers in domestic cricket don't even get match to prove their worth in international cricket. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

ecords type bowling analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Ordered by default (ascending)
dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Career averages
  Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5  
overall 2012-2019 96 95 768.4 61 3850 101 5/42 38.11 5.00 45.6 2 1

:dontknow:

3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Because of these guys we had trundlers in past till current era bowlers. How much more matches to improve? Already given 100 matches and he is still avg at it's best. Have some shame those hard working bowlers in domestic cricket don't even get match to prove their worth in international cricket. 

We had trundlers but Bhuvi isn’t one. He is genuine medium-fast. 

I am ready to rotate bowlers and keep Bhuvi out but would keep Bhuvi for world cup for English conditons and give him odd games.

Heck if Aaron is the team or Mavi, I will even pick them ahead but I am going to keep Bhuvi in the squad. I rather drop extra spinner in the squad and take one extra fast bowler for world cup.

Just now, Cricketics said:

I am ready to rotate bowlers and keep Bhuvi out but would keep Bhuvi for world cup for English conditons and give him odd games.

Heck if Aaron is the teammor Mavi, I will even pick them ahead but I am going to keep kne place for Bhuvi in the squad. I rather drop extra spinner in the squad and take one extra fast bowler for world cup.

Geniune medium fast bowling at 121kph right? Even shami after having so much workload in test is bowling in 138-140kph speed without getting injured. 

English Conditions? Kidding me? That will be flat tracks in hot summer. Wake up it's not that he will get test match conditions. He might get in one or two matches out of 10 matches if there is overcast conditions but other than that those conditions will be surely more tough than these Australian pitches. Pandya, Bhuvi & Jadeja/Chahal are pretty useless if batsman can read them and start smacking them. Bumrah & Kuldeep can have bad days too.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Heck if Aaron is the team or Mavi, I will even pick them ahead but I am going to keep Bhuvi in the squad. I rather drop extra spinner in the squad and take one extra fast bowler for world cup.

bhuvan won't get classic eng conditions and pitches for the most part. his record in eng odis is very ordinary. shami and bumrah should play all matches. 3rd pacer is a massive hole.

Funny comment on cricinfo :lol:

Kumar to Maxwell, 2 runs, fuller and wider and Maxwell hits it towards deep extra cover, they sprints back for the second and make it easily before Bhuvneshwar receives the throw
Kumar to Maxwell, FOUR runs, fuller around off, Maxwell moves just towards the off side and hits it in the air, a wristy flick to beat the man at deep midwicket
Kumar to Stoinis, 1 run, wide outside off, looks to go aerial over extra cover, ends up slicing it towards deep backward point, lands just short of charging in Rohit
Kumar to Stoinis, FOUR runs, length outside off, looks to hoick it on the leg side, gets an outside edge and it goes between the keeper and the short third man

Azad: "Will this be another 20 run final over from Bhuvi that we have come to expect?"

Kumar to Stoinis, no run, length outside off, slower one perhaps, Stoinis fails to reach there
Kumar to Stoinis, SIX runs, a juicy full toss on the stumps and put away over square leg boundary for a six
1w
Kumar to Stoinis, 1 wide, slower one outside off, but way too wide, needs to be bowled again
16 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Everytime we play an ODI series after a Test series, there would obviously be a gap. So are you saying we should allow bhuvi to get pasted every 3-4 matches at the beginning of a series so that he could "get his rhythm" back? 

Or are you suggesting we should play Bhuvi in tests so that he could get that Match Practice for ODIs:nervous:

Edited by OpeningBatsman
20 minutes ago, zen said:

a thread on massive 15+ runs overs given 

Ind vs Aus ODI at Sydney 011118

Bhuvi 22 runs last over :hehe:

RECENT

1w

"taken to the cleaners" - I hope these cleaners will clean out bhuvi and khaleel and all other cobwebs & non-contributing passengers from this team.

1 minute ago, OpeningBatsman said:

So everytime we play an ODI series afted a Test series, there would obviously be a gap. So are you saying we should allow bhuvi to get pasted every 3-4 matches at the beginning of a series so that he could "get his rhythm" back? 

No, players can get rusty, if sittinf om side. Some day your death bowling clicks some days they don’t.

He migth bowler better with Bumrah as partner and stuff like this happens. Today was off day, rustiness like I mentioned. Earlier spell wasn’t bad though. This can happen to any bowler in today’s cricket. 

He might do well in tye next match but then he will go missing for another 6-7 matches.. This has been the story of his career. 

Ny doing well i mean figures of 1-48 or 2-57 in 10 overs. That's the problem. Even his good days are not so good and his bad days are awful. 

Result- bowling avg of 38. Economy of 5. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No, players can get rusty, if sittinf om side. Some day your death bowling clicks some days they don’t.

He migth bowler better with Bumrah as partner and stuff like this happens. Today was off day, rustiness like I mentioned. Earlier spell wasn’t bad though. This can happen to any bowler in today’s cricket. 

I understand that. But he has been consistently poor through out 2018 just check his performances. We can't afford that especially when we are playing with only 2 frontier pacers with Hardik back...