taken to the cleaners

zen

20 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Easy for someone like Shami to bowl yorkers kn will who has played full month of test cricket and is in the rhythm. But when you carry gatorade which Bhuvi did and lack match practice for a month you can’t just come and get yorkers right everytime. It takes time. Bhuvi will get better. 

I think he did decent earlier. Deah bowling needs lot of match practice which he lacks. I think he will be ready for world cup.

England are his conditons and he will do well there.

India certainly missed Jasprit Bumrah during the business end of the innings. Gaurav Sundararaman tells me that since 2018, he has been India's best bowler in the last ten overs, going at a miserly 3.92 per over. Bhuvneshwar, meanwhile, is at the other end of the spectrum, giving away 8.17. 

3 minutes ago, Number said:

I think it is clear we cant trust him in death overs but he is too valueable with the new ball. So our 3rd seamer should be someone who can ball in death with Bumrah.

Problem is, once Hardik is back we wull go with only 2 pacers with hardik as 3rd and 2 spinners. Unfortunately there's no getting around it as our bowlers are poor with the bat so one among Hardik or Jaddu has to play. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman
16 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We had trundlers but Bhuvi isn’t one. He is genuine medium-fast. 

I am ready to rotate bowlers and keep Bhuvi out but would keep Bhuvi for world cup for English conditons and give him odd games.

Heck if Aaron is the team or Mavi, I will even pick them ahead but I am going to keep Bhuvi in the squad. I rather drop extra spinner in the squad and take one extra fast bowler for world cup.

medium-fast means trundler

6 minutes ago, Number said:

I think it is clear we cant trust him in death overs but he is too valueable with the new ball. So our 3rd seamer should be someone who can ball in death with Bumrah.

what exactly has he done with the new ball? People previously said he was good death bowler and not good up front.

Edited by rkt.india
3 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Problem is, once Hardik is back we wull go with only 2 pacers with hardik as 3rd and 2 spinners. Unfortunately there's no getting around it as our bowlers are poor with the bat so one among Hardik or Jaddu has to play. 

let jaddu play and no hardik.  if hardik, he should be as sixth bowler and #6 batsman.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

let jaddu play and no hardik.  if hardik, he should be as sixth bowler and #6 batsman.

But then Chahal will have to sit out. Chahal gets a lot of  hate here but the guy has taken loads of wickets in ODIs thus year. 56 wickets at an avg of 25 and an economy rate of 4. 75.. Kind of stats unheard from an Indian bowler before kul-cha-bum-sha... We have these 4 with sub 30 avgs and I think they should lead our attack... 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

So KLR and Pandya screw themselves and the team. No Bumrah and Dhoni gets a howler when they had to chase 8 rpo in 18 overs with 7 wickets.

So its an odi victory and t20 loss. 

If he is anyways playing wc move dhoni to 4 bring pant in, Aus wont beat this team. While at it get siraj in for khaleel.

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

We had trundlers but Bhuvi isn’t one. He is genuine medium-fast. 

I am ready to rotate bowlers and keep Bhuvi out but would keep Bhuvi for world cup for English conditons and give him odd games.

Heck if Aaron is the team or Mavi, I will even pick them ahead but I am going to keep Bhuvi in the squad. I rather drop extra spinner in the squad and take one extra fast bowler for world cup.

Thank god you are not selector you are exactly on par with them.

Edited by raki05

I think chahal had to blame himself for not able to bat . He is no stud like bumrah or kuldeep. He can only warrant a spot if he can take two fers every match at economy less than 5 . 

Somebody sack the batting coach for making our bowlers bat like west Indies tailenders of 90s.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

If I was selector my pace attack would be Bumrah-Mavi-Aaron-Avesh-Rajpoot and Bhuvi reserved for conditions.

What has bhuvi ever done to get in to the team.  What is the basis, neither he has good avg, sr nor the ER which most people harp about. He has really regressed , he shoulg go back to domestic to prove his skill or shall be restricted to 4 overs of t20.

5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What has bhuvi ever done to get in to the team.  What is the basis, neither he has good avg, sr nor the ER which most people harp about. He has really regressed , he shoulg go back to domestic to prove his skill or shall be restricted to 4 overs of t20.

He bowls well at start and pther bowlers get rewarded at times. May be bot immidiste partners in bowling but third seamer or spinners tofollow.

i keep mentionininf conditions because he does well in certain conditions. I thought he bowled well in CT too at times without luck and will bowl well in world cup. 

Don’t play every game, but keep him in squd as back for conditions. 

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He bowls well at start and pther bowlers get rewarded at times. May be bot immidiste partners in bowling but third seamer or spinners tofollow.

i keep mentionininf conditions because he does well in certain conditions. I thought he bowled well in CT too. 

Inspite of having better bench strength bowlers with better sr in domestic if we are still banking on a condition dependent bowler to a sr bowler , a geriatric middle order batting to chase steep target than at best we deserve losses in final , sf of most tournaments. Even at this age where other than eng there is mediocrity all around we are happy with final and sf place, it's going to really tarnish kohli legacy as with so much of talents on bench he could have achieved what no one in Indian cricket could have ever achieved.

Edited by raki05
Just now, raki05 said:

Inspite of having better bench strength bowlers with better sr in domestic if we are still banking on a condition dependent bowler to a sr bowler , a geriatric middle order batting to chase steep target than at best we deserve losses in final , sf of most tournaments. Even at this age where other than eng there is mediocrity all around we are happy with final and sf place, it's going to really tarnish kohli legacy as with so much of talents on bench he could have achieved what no one in Indian cricket have ever achieved.

No, you are over rescting.

We need to give chance to youngsters but can’t have all new ones play every game at same time for 5 games in row. This will hurt the team and dent their confidence and one of them will get dropped for a while. This is what happens when you put all youngsters in the same line up in batting or bowling. Few fail and are forgotten so its better to get them and rotate around for their better future.

Its not like they will play every game anyway as we need to have pool of bowlers so that their body is also respected and kept healthy so that they are available for bigger games, and can be rotated like any bowler just like Bumrah is being rotated to keep healthy, talking about youngsters here. Hence its important to get a senior or two in the line up.

Once news bowlers settle down then senior like Bhuvi can be kept away permanently.