Sign in to follow this  
Kannadiga

Where is Krishnappa Gowtham? Why was he not preferred for the all-rounder spot?

He is in a red-hot form in India A games. With Hardik suspended and Chahal not looking good in the recent times, Gowtham would've made a better option than Jadeja. I think he took a 6-for against New Zealand A. What more these players have to do to get a recognition? Maybe some more humiliation at the hands of Australia and New Zealand. 

29 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

He is in a red-hot form in India A games. With Hardik suspended and Chahal not looking good in the recent times, Gowtham would've made a better option than Jadeja. I think he took a 6-for against New Zealand A. What more these players have to do to get a recognition? Maybe some more humiliation at the hands of Australia and New Zealand. 

A 6-er vs NZ A is enough to get him to play for India? Or should he play under Karnataka quota?

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

A 6-er vs NZ A is enough to get him to play for India? Or should he play under Karnataka quota?

Nah, he has proved his worth in A games and so should be naturally selected for Indian games. Who do you think should be selected according to you if it's not Gowtham? He is the next-in-line for all-rounder spot. I am not making this up. Go look up his stats. 

3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Its not about 5fer or 6fer, he is a spin bowling allrounder who can executive role better than jadeja. Jadeja the hack has regressed badly.

I don't thinl gowtham can bat well enough to be called an all-rounder. he should be picked as a bowler, provided that his bowling is good enough to merit selection on this front - any lower-order slogging he contributes will be a bonus. someone like krunal is more balanced with bat & ball IMO.