Bhuvneswar Kumar ODI bowling discussion thread

velu

34 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Worst bowler to play for india in history of odi cricket. Not just for india i can imagine being worst in whole world if you count top 6 - 7 nations.

Def. Not the worst to play for india, there were lot worse fast bowlers playing for India e.g. praveen kumaar Vinnie the great,unadcut etc.

9 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Def. Not the worst to play for india, there were lot worse fast bowlers playing for India e.g. praveen kumaar Vinnie the great,unadcut etc.

I mean these many matches. Yes there might be bowler who got 1 or 2 games or maybe one or two series but this guy is pathetic and have got almost 100 matches being such terrible for probably best ODI side in last decade.

One thing that perplexes me the most is why the hell is this guy not called out by the fans and commentators. I mean in the past better bowlers like Nehra, Sreesanth and even Agarkar ( who averaged 27 goddamn) where blasted and endlessly made fun of for their poor performances. And now we have Bhuvi as our spearhead with an average of 38, in supposedly the golden era of our fast bowling.:facepalm:

If Dhoni is the elephant in the room, this guy is a T-Rex. :laugh:

Edited by AuxiliA
6 hours ago, Nikola said:

Worst bowler to play for india in history of odi cricket. Not just for india i can imagine being worst in whole world if you count top 6 - 7 nations.

You must be the biggest moron in the history of cricket forums, 6-7 nations or otherwise. 

It is idiotic how people like you keep harping avg avg as if ODI cricket is all about destroying the opposition batting. In your form of ODI cricket, if team A scores 250/6 first and team B manages 248/7 in 40 overs, does team B lose because it lost more wickets ? Is bowler A who manages 10-0-40-0 worse than bowler B who manages 10-0-80-1 coz bowler B got better average ? Average is one part of the equation, ER is at least as important if not more. Somehow, this phassht addiction has gone to the heads of numerically challenged fans who have lost the primary idea of winning in ODI cricket is more runs than the opposition and wickets is one means to achieve that, not the primary objective. If you exhibit enough control, the opposition will try to take risks of other bowlers, and that will not reflect in your avg or SR either. 

There were great fast bowlers of the game who had bloody awesome economy rate: Akram, Ambrose, Pollock that I watched, others like Garner, Hadlee & Holding. Then there were other bowlers who did a tidy job on it like Gavin Larsen, really miserly while going through the overs. They had a role in the team which demanded restricting the oppositions run flow, in times where 5 RPO wasn't common at all. Teams weren't run by morons to play them. Economical bowlers have an equally important role in high scoring times of now.

Now if Bhuvi isn't at least economical like he hasn't been so in England ODIs or first ODI or many other matches, he doesn't deserve to be in the XI. That's one thing; but claiming he's the worst thing ever just shows your poor understanding of limited overs cricket. Even on bad days, he produces very good initial spells like CT final had 5-0-10-0 and this match had 5-0-12-1. Either he sorts out his death bowling or we find newer bowlers, but in no dimension is he so awful as you claim. Because at the end of the day, runs scored decides matches, not the wickets.