sscomp32

Dhoni Thread (merged)

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

You still dint get it ,it's rasgulla the bot.U can always silence him by showing this pic so that he doesn't feel outcast among humans.

IMG_20180824_162721.jpg.72ad1c41794eb4d84599d7180c38bdc9.jpg

been out of the forum for a while until recently. hard for me to remember which ones are the old bots and which are the new ones. thanks for the info.

1. Captain and Coach are dictators.
2. Captain and Coach are clueless.
3. Captain and Coach are not valuing the opinions of Vice Captain who already proven as a good leader.
4. Kohli is putting extra pressure on Thala.

Edited by The Hound

9 hours ago, beetle said:

Pandya strokes almost drowned him .:p:

Guys like Pant who may not be sanskari good boys will learn a big lesson here.:p:

Pant's insta post is full of advise " pandya se door rehna bhai ":giggle:

How many of them are from your PR accounts :p: 

man u are a piece of work. people are pointing out all his selfish innings in last 4 years

dhoni in his prime was a hero.

dhoni past his prime is a zero with bat, avg keep and below avg selfish human being- think dravid when it comes to an example of selflessness. kept wickets , retired gracefully . or kumble

dhoni is a leech . glad he is out of tests . with his performances noone would keep him in any team. 

Rohit just a couple of months back :phehe:

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/ambati-rayudu-has-solved-no-4-mystery-rohit-sharma/19932187

It's Wayne Rooney at Manchester United post 2013 all over again, he starts sucking as a striker, oh lets play him as a midfielder ala Scholes, he starts sucking in the midfield, oh but he's at his best as a no. 10, he stinks it up as a no. 10, oh but he's a great finisher lets play him as a 9 and the cycle repeats itself. Idhar bhi yehi ho raha hai.

19 hours ago, velu said:

Dhoni should come at #4 . 

Proved his consolidation skills again with his calm innings today.

153598.2.jpg

PS:-

he is 10/15 runs short that agree .. probably he could have covered those runs in 6/7 balls if he had switched gears  

cant bat at that s/r unacceptable , in his head he thinks he ll cover in the end but his ability isnt same now and if u see in recent times after doing all the hard work he gets out at a wrong time. That hard work then becomes trouble for others 

Consolidator role can be even done by vijay shankar at double s/r + bowling 

24 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If in playing XI then Dhoni should open. He plays test cricket from his other while at the other end people can play t20.  

I think his ideal number if in playing eleven is 7 or 8.Just before the tailenders. He doesn't get to screw momentum upfront on flat pitches. At the same time if there is a bad  collapse in a low scoring game he can still keep India in the game since we know dhoni bats with tailenders smartly.

Edited by Pollack

11 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I think his ideal number if in playing eleven is 7 or 8.Just before the tailenders. He doesn't get to screw momentum upfront on flat pitches. At the same time if there is a bad  collapse in a low scoring game he can still keep India in the game since we know dhoni bats with tailenders smartly.

hope you realize i wrote it in jest

The kind of knock he played any decent middle over would've helped him win the game.Kohli also needs to get some centuries in loosing cause.Hope atleast then they would come to their senses

Edited by GautiMaan

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If in playing XI then Dhoni should open. He plays test cricket from his other while at the other end people can play t20.  

And why such generosity for him....y so much  privilege for someone who has lost it . Matlab, we can change entire batting order to accomodate this useless piece of besharm individual b7t can't kick him out.

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/india-in-australia/india-vs-australia-what-ails-mahendra-singh-dhoni/articleshow/67508502.cms

Finally people asking the right questions.

I have also seen a change in the comments sections everywhere too.

People have started accepting that he is done and the abusive rabid fans are being told to shut up by  others.

Risking life for the country???

Wtf!!

He is an overpaid celebrity sportsperson.

Just wearing a uniform once in a while for publicity is not called risking life.

There was a time when he said...after cricket I would like to work in the army.

Why doesn't he do that instead of hanging on?

He has milked that uniform enough for his ' armyman ' image . 

Dhoni fanboys and fangirls are some of the most idiotic people.

Dhoni is a bit rusty after a long break. Watchout for the remainder of this series. He will show more intent if he's played at 4 like Rohit suggested. He will manhandle the piechucker Lyon into the stands more often than you think. You guys will change your stance to pro-Dhoni in a heartbeat. Believe in MSD :dance:

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Dhoni is a bit rusty after a long break. Watchout for the remainder of this series. He will show more intent if he's played at 4 like Rohit suggested. He will manhandle the piechucker Lyon into the stands more often than you think. You guys will change your stance to pro-Dhoni in a heartbeat. Believe in MSD :dance:

hopefully his rustiness will wear off before the IPL :phehe:  

I saw his batting. His reflexes have considerably reduced. Same problem as sehwag when he neared his last odis. Sachin and dravid had the class so could make adjustments, but dhoni relies on hand eye coordination and for that you need supple reflexes which degrades as time progresses .

It's so apparent now.  He can hit the one odd six here and there , but if you have a fiery fast bowler who can bowl at an angle upwards of 135 and striaght to stumps dhoni will have lbw probability of at least 50%. Every professional team would have found this out by now and will plan to keep him on strike without taking his wicket. 

If I am the opposition I would love to have dhoni on strike .

Edited by prasen82

I don’t know if I am the only one who has this opinion but I have noticed Dhoni’s wicketkeeping declining since the Asia cup. 

He fumbles a lot more with the ball now and gives more “byes” than he used to in the past. His keeping looked very sloppy in the first ODI against Australia. I remember him dropping Shoaib Malik off Pandya’s bowling in our match against Pakistan and missing an easy run out of Soumya Sarkar in the final. 

His judgement on DRS is going downhill as well. He has missed quite a few opportunities when he had the chance. I believe this is a big red flag telling us that Dhoni’s reflexes and sharpness are declining big time. The more Dhoni plays international cricket, the more deficiencies will pop up.

I’m not getting positive vibes with him in our Starting XI for the World Cup. 

8 hours ago, beetle said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/india-in-australia/india-vs-australia-what-ails-mahendra-singh-dhoni/articleshow/67508502.cms

People have started accepting that he is done and the abusive rabid fans are being told to shut up by  others.

it's changing, but slowly.

You don't need to be genius to figure this out..like I said before, he still had few years of Test cricket (after retiring in 2014-15) left but an absolute misfit for T20 or ODI (ODI till 2016). I would even go with Karthik as keeper if no Pant and allow a decent batsman in his place like Mayank.

The duo of VK and Shastri feels that he contributes to the think tank on field and experience he brings...which on paper may look good but when you are 3 down for nothing or need 100 runs in 60 or even 80 balls he is not the guy. His game has actually not changed much since 2008 (post his swashbuckling start 2004-2007) but he just doesn't have strokes to score singles at start of innings or hit big ones later or even convert back of length balls to 4 or 6. 

8 hours ago, beetle said:

@velu though...  :facepalm:

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

Got a little tummy going on now.  Not suprsied with long vacations on and real age of 46. Should have played ranji, gone through thr grind to get in shape.  But when know cant be dropped cos of politic this is result 

is his real age 46? I thought it was around 64. he looks like WG Grace towards the end of his career, but the Old Doctor was 60+ when he played his last FC match.

Apart from 2005-07 He has been screwing India on the name of Finishing while the other guys used to take more risk.

Just look at this match's scorecard.While chasing 318 this guy scored at SR of 50 while Gambhir scored run a ball 100..Agreed that he had to come out at 50/4 but playing so slowly is inexcusable..And these are the matches when he wasn't even questioned just because of top order fiasco..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8531/scorecard/291368/australia-vs-india-10th-match-commonwealth-bank-series-2007-08