Get Dhonified !!!

6 hours ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Purely on the basis of impact .Yuvi is ahead of Dhoni too.Played more impact innings,Better icc tournament record.More motm and mots.But lacked consistency so won't be acclaimed widely .If u look at Dhoni's best inning most of them have come in Bi Laterals.Yuvi did it in big tournaments.

Forget Yuvi. NO current indian has played an innings like MSD v Pak at chennai in 2012. Last time i remember someone doing something heroic like that was Sachin 175 v AUS. 

15 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Forget Yuvi. NO current indian has played an innings like MSD v Pak at chennai in 2012. Last time i remember someone doing something heroic like that was Sachin 175 v AUS. 

first time and only time  australia ever got whitewashed 4-0  in a test series was against us ..

and in the 1st test when both teams were even , msd came and completely annihilated aussies and aussies never recovered till the series

in one of the commentator/ haterz got a massive KLPD ..

Lyon to Tendulkar. Lyon threatened in the last over. Will Tendulkar take a calculated risk to unsettle him?

Lyon to Tendulkar, OUT, oh Lyon, what a beauty. That's a lovely offspinner's dismissal. They dream of these, and when you do this to Tendulkar in a Test in Chennai, oh boy what a feeling. Tossed up outside off, exactly in that rough, Tendulkar drives away from the body, and it spins sharply through the gate. Reminiscent of the way Vaughan got him. This one might even have taken the inside edge

SR Tendulkar b Lyon 81 (257m 159b 7x4 0x6) SR: 50.94

In comes MS Dhoni, ahead of the man who has scored three triple-centuries in first-class cricket. Not that I disagree. I think Ashwin should bat ahead of him too

In comes MS Dhoni, ahead of the man who has scored three triple-centuries in first-class cricket. Not that I disagree. I think Ashwin should bat ahead of him too

Pattinson to Dhoni, OUT, Dhoni is out finally. Pattinson gets five. He has bowled his heart out, and has fittingly ended a superb innings from the opposition captain. Dhoni falls on 224, eight short of the highest score by a wicketkeeper. This is a bouncer, on middle and leg, Dhoni gets inside the line to hook, but ends up gloving it through to Wade. The sparse crowd, and the full dressing room stand up in appreciation for the innings. Well played, captain

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/engine/match/598812.html

as a player MSD is miles ahead of yuvi .. for me dhonis impact izzz more than yuvi ..

talking about big tournaments , MSD performed in the final of the big tournament but UV actually screwed once in the final :giggle://
It was a t20 final not odi final.In odi wcs yuvi has better record .Also in t20 wcs as well as champions trophy. Do you disagree? And miles better lol your Dhoni was sent back to  academy after he was pummeled by a 18 year old boy in under 19 cooch behar trophy or else he would would have got in before.

Edited by Sujithmb13
10 minutes ago, Sujithmb13 said:

@Viper@sscomp32@velu@ankit sharma Do u guys geniunely rate Dhoni above Yuvi on the basis of natural talent and a wc player.I agree Dhoni was more consistent and better career.But do you really think if not for cancer Yuvi career would have dwindled like this.If you observe a Yuvi-Dhoni partnership Yuvi would be mostly more dominant and more attractive to watch aesthetically.

uv might be pleasing to eye than dhoni but in every aspect dhoni did better than UV.. 

dhoni is a better player of pace and swing .. 

dhoni is a better player of spin and if i am not wrong , dhoni is the second highest scorer in our dreaded whitewashed test series in england last time..

no disrespect to uv , i love him too ..

1 hour ago, Sujithmb13 said:

@Viper@sscomp32@velu@ankit sharma Do u guys geniunely rate Dhoni above Yuvi on the basis of natural talent and a wc player.I agree Dhoni was more consistent and better career.But do you really think if not for cancer Yuvi career would have dwindled like this.If you observe a Yuvi-Dhoni partnership Yuvi would be mostly more dominant and more attractive to watch aesthetically.

I rate yuvi higher than dhoni in terms of  skill of playing fast bowling but dhoni was always a better player of spin, Dhoni was ok against pace at start but yuvi was a disastor against spin. Now dhoni is also a brilliant player of fast bowling n yes yuvi's game also improved against spin. For me talent has a diff definition for everyone. So i dnt rate anyone on talent. 

As far being aggressive n attractive goes in their partnership it a role which anyone takes in a partnership depending on form n other things. In 2006 Pak series where they had 3-4 partnership yuvi was anchor n dhoni was aggressor. In 2007 T20 Wc dhoni back started getting bad and due captaincy also he curbed his game and in their later partnership yuvi was the aggressor n dhoni the anchor. 2011 Wc partnership dhoni looked in complete control and yuvi was look a lil absentminded tht day. 

As far as cancer goes, cancer happ to yuvi in his 11yr of international cricket and dhoni rite now is in his 11-12th yr of int cricket. So there nothing to separate . A lot of people may say yuvi had more talent as his shots looked more clean but talent is god given it what u do with it makes u big. 

Dhoni has almost played 30 games less than yuvi and still has more than 500-600 runs more and he has batted lower than yuvi most of his career. His overseas perfomances are also better than yuvi and dhoni has also done well at every given batting position. 

Yuvi had cancer which is really unfortunate but dhoni also had 8 yrs of captaincy burden which has started to affected his game now. Yes no comparsion but saying its not that dhoni didnt have any obstacles. 

Also if we are forgetting b4 cancer itself yuvi fitness started dropping in 2009 and if u see 2010 t20wc clips the guy had a paunch but dhoni fitness is :adore:. And i may sound harsh but u cant put everything on cancer for eg since yuvi has comeback he has looked absent minded so many times on field now i can understand it affects ur fitness a lot but absent mindedness has no excuse. N who stopped him for going to county n work on his form.

Aesthetics, gorgeous shots dont make team a consistent team its consistent performances that does  . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Forget Yuvi. NO current indian has played an innings like MSD v Pak at chennai in 2012. Last time i remember someone doing something heroic like that was Sachin 175 v AUS.//

Yuvi played a similar knock against South Africa way back in 2005  India were 35-5 when he walked in.Just check d score.He scored century and took India to 260 odd

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/225959.html

You didnt took the pitch and weather conditions in your analysis? The weather conditions and pitch were extremely tough to bat and that too against a bowling attack in top form. Hyderabad pitch will never be like the one that was in chennai. 

Natural talent means NIL unless you realize the full potential. Rohit is the most talented player after Sachin (and i have seen some experts say he is more talented than sachin,) Much much more than kohli, but see where they are at the moment? That's why all these Natural talent, looking aesthetically etc matters A BIG ZERO unless you score runs and prove yourself for a long time. And As ankit already explained about the cancer issue so nothing to talk here. 

And yes i do rate MSD more than Yuvi due to a single criteria that Yuvi never got the hang of test cricket. Whereas MSD was instrumental in our historic test series win in ENG in 07. Also he has a fantastic record in ENG where is one of the most different conditions to play. 

Again Ankit already mentioned about fitness .

9 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Natural talent means NIL unless you realize the full potential. Rohit is the most talented player after Sachin (and i have seen some experts say he is more talented than sachin,) Much much more than kohli, but see where they are at the moment? That's why all these Natural talent, looking aesthetically etc matters A BIG ZERO unless you score runs and prove yourself for a long time. And As ankit already explained about the cancer issue so nothing to talk here. 

And yes i do rate MSD more than Yuvi due to a single criteria that Yuvi never got the hang of test cricket. Whereas MSD was instrumental in our historic test series win in ENG in 07. Also he has a fantastic record in ENG where is one of the most different conditions to play. 

Again Ankit already mentioned about fitness .

Thank you for mentioning about test cricket i forgot to add it , dhoni goes way ahead of Yuvi cause he did well at test level as well. His 224 vs Australia for me was one of the best knocks i have seen by an indian in test matches. 

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thank you for mentioning about test cricket i forgot to add it , dhoni goes way ahead of Yuvi cause he did well at test level as well. His 224 vs Australia for me was one of the best knocks i have seen by an indian in test matches. 

Since we are talking about the 224 then people need to see this video Breaking Down MSD's 224 

5 minutes ago, Sujithmb13 said:

U guys didn't answer one more question Who was a better wc player? Selectively skipping? And in t20i also you guys may rate Dhoni higher than Yuvi .Am I right? :P

So a player quality will be decided on T20 :rofl: No matter what people say a test player is much much more valuable than a T20 player. According to you Chris gayle should be better than everybody else isn't it? 

You are behaving like what i expected. A blind fanboy unable to accept facts. 

No point explaining to you. carry on. Yuvi is the greatest ever. 

Yuvi was not all style and no substance like u claim.He converted that into results too.Sorry talent can be measured .Dhoni was never a childhood prodigy like Yuvi was .Credits to him inspite of that he worked hard to get there.But he naturaly inherited only power .Whether it's helicopter,cut or punch of the back foot or down the track to spinner it was all power .There's no artistry in his batting.Yuvi is an artist when he is in flow.Delightful flicks,cover drives just flows through.I find it more attractive than Rohit.So Talent is not always subjective.And he was stand out player out in more icc tournaments than Dhoni.Now u could bring that dreadful night he had in 2014.Yes it was the end of yuvi but still his icc record is much more impressive than Dhoni.Yuvi has 8 motms when compared to Dhoni's 1 in icc tournaments.

1 hour ago, sscomp32 said:

You didnt took the pitch and weather conditions in your analysis? The weather conditions and pitch were extremely tough to bat and that too against a bowling attack in top form. Hyderabad pitch will never be like the one that was in chennai. 

Come on yeah Statistically both are equivalent.Now u bring ur figment imagination into play that Chepauk pitch was tougher.It's okay if u don't rate Yuvi but atleast don't demean that innings.

8 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

So a player quality will be decided on T20 :rofl: No matter what people say a test player is much much more valuable than a T20 player. According to you Chris gayle should be better than everybody else isn't it? 

You are behaving like what i expected. A blind fanboy unable to accept facts. 

No point explaining to you. carry on. Yuvi is the greatest ever. 

Is wc also a mickey mouse format? I never said Yuvi is the greatest ever but U are selectively ignoring anything good about Yuvi.And sorry no offense but u should be the last person to say whine about fanboyism .U have been a staunch defender of Dhoni in evry thread .Viper and Velu are Dhoni fans and Sachin haters but they really respect other indian players.