Get Dhonified !!!

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I rate yuvi higher than dhoni in terms of  skill of playing fast bowling but dhoni was always a better player of spin, Dhoni was ok against pace at start but yuvi was a disastor against spin. Now dhoni is also a brilliant player of fast bowling n yes yuvi's game also improved against spin. For me talent has a diff definition for everyone. So i dnt rate anyone on talent. 

As far being aggressive n attractive goes in their partnership it a role which anyone takes in a partnership depending on form n other things. In 2006 Pak series where they had 3-4 partnership yuvi was anchor n dhoni was aggressor. In 2007 T20 Wc dhoni back started getting bad and due captaincy also he curbed his game and in their later partnership yuvi was the aggressor n dhoni the anchor. 2011 Wc partnership dhoni looked in complete control and yuvi was look a lil absentminded tht day. 

As far as cancer goes, cancer happ to yuvi in his 11yr of international cricket and dhoni rite now is in his 11-12th yr of int cricket. So there nothing to separate . A lot of people may say yuvi had more talent as his shots looked more clean but talent is god given it what u do with it makes u big. 

Dhoni has almost played 30 games less than yuvi and still has more than 500-600 runs more and he has batted lower than yuvi most of his career. His overseas perfomances are also better than yuvi and dhoni has also done well at every given batting position. 

Yuvi had cancer which is really unfortunate but dhoni also had 8 yrs of captaincy burden which has started to affected his game now. Yes no comparsion but saying its not that dhoni didnt have any obstacles. 

Also if we are forgetting b4 cancer itself yuvi fitness started dropping in 2009 and if u see 2010 t20wc clips the guy had a paunch but dhoni fitness is :adore:. And i may sound harsh but u cant put everything on cancer for eg since yuvi has comeback he has looked absent minded so many times on field now i can understand it affects ur fitness a lot but absent mindedness has no excuse. N who stopped him for going to county n work on his form.

Aesthetics, gorgeous shots dont make team a consistent team its consistent performances that does  . 

Actually the symptoms started creeping in from 2009 but as u said Yuvi was never known for his fitness.Even Dada said he would be the last person to come for training .And if he is not woken up,he would sleep at hotels.He was never a disciplined cricketer like Dhoni.He was a prankster.A flawed cricketer by every means.Soo he could never have had a stat like Kohli or Dhoni had but I'm sure if not for cancer atleast that 2005-2011 period would have continued which means more match winning innings which didn't happen sadly.

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Can i get 1 thing straight.. I m no Sachin hater i just like to troll some of his blind fans.. that's  it simple as that:yess: Infact i like sachin i was one of those Tv turn off crew when he got out.:hide: way back

But u don't rate him among d 3 best odi batsmen in India.It's irrational man.The most complete odi batsman of all time in the world(Even I don't like him much .I like Lara or Dada more but I can't be delusional) not even among d 3 best Indian batsmen is blasphemy.

Actually the symptoms started creeping in from 2009 but as u said Yuvi was never known for his fitness.Even Dada said he would be the last person to come for training .And if he is not woken up,he would sleep at hotels.He was never a disciplined cricketer like Dhoni.He was a prankster.A flawed cricketer by every means.Soo he could never have had a stat like Kohli or Dhoni had but I'm sure if not for cancer atleast that 2005-2011 period would have continued which means more match winning innings which didn't happen sadly.

They way he played in 2011 wc , dont think his performance was affected bcoz of cancer from 2005 to 2011

Personally his cancer diagnosis is overrated

1 hour ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Is wc also a mickey mouse format? I never said Yuvi is the greatest ever but U are selectively ignoring anything good about Yuvi.And sorry no offense but u should be the last person to say whine about fanboyism .U have been a staunch defender of Dhoni in evry thread .Viper and Velu are Dhoni fans and Sachin haters but they really respect other indian players.

ME??? Really ME???? :blink: 

You are mistaking me with sidhoni i am sure like many other people did. :rofl: 

Ask anybody and you will know i rarely defended dhoni . I joined in 2013 and till then the site was too toxic. 

Once i posted a stat and so many people made fun of that i stopped posting MSD related things. 

Edited by sscomp32
1 hour ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Is wc also a mickey mouse format? I never said Yuvi is the greatest ever but U are selectively ignoring anything good about Yuvi.And sorry no offense but u should be the last person to say whine about fanboyism .U have been a staunch defender of Dhoni in evry thread .Viper and Velu are Dhoni fans and Sachin haters but they really respect other indian players.

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

couldn't agree more :clap2:

1 hour ago, kruiser said:

Simple comparison - we would have won the WC2011 without MSD, but not without Yuvi. 

At peak both were destructive. Both are spent as a player now. 

NO. Could will be a better term than would. 

You are making it sound like MSD did absolutely nothing. 

Like Velu said Yuvi v Murali and result could have been very different. 

2 hours ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Come on yeah Statistically both are equivalent.Now u bring ur figment imagination into play that Chepauk pitch was tougher.It's okay if u don't rate Yuvi but atleast don't demean that innings.

NO they are not. Pitch conditions matter otherwise no one will diss flat pattas like Chinnaswamy and wankhede. Its okay if you dont wanna accept. 

22 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

You are worried about the free runs i am getting?? :giggle: 

Maybe thats why you started the topic to chance this rule. 

hehe...no yaar.

You will get the runs even if you change the title.The problem is that when outsiders see that a thread wishing Dhoni on his bday has gone to the 3rd page,it gives an impression of this forum being pro-dhoni :p:

25 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

You are worried about the free runs i am getting?? :giggle: 

Maybe thats why you started the topic to chance this rule. 

And I don't care so much about the money/runs...I don't know why everybody has that impression.

34 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

NO they are not. Pitch conditions matter otherwise no one will diss flat pattas like Chinnaswamy and wankhede. Its okay if you dont wanna accept. 

Come on yeah statistically u can't come to conclusion so you bring pitch and other things.First of all chepauk is not known for pacers assertion.It was a pitch which had moisture because of the early morning start .The same was d case with vishakpatnam .The whole series south africa were dominant.It came after dhon's all conquering show against srilanka(wher yuvi was on the brink of axe) but yuvi became the fulcrum of the team to draw the series.Actually there is little differnce between yuvi-2005-2011 and dHONI 2005-2011 I can come up with series by series stats if u have a bit of patience.Dhoni from 2011-2015 was better than Yuvi 2001-2004(But not in wcs)

And that Ankit(A dhoni fan but acts unbiased)  who said Yuvi didn't prolong his career because of fitness can't accept the fact that yuvi made debut 4 years back because he was a brighter prospect and Dhoni's team were regulary thrashed by him in Duleep trophy and under 19 tournaments.And with all due respect to ur Dhoni I'm sure if dhoni had played before 2003 he wouldn't have had d same stat when invincible aussies the mercurial pakistan with juggernaut of bowlers(not the current crappy side).Even windies were a competitive team back then.

Edited by Sujithmb13
5 minutes ago, velu said:

this  is a Bhuvi trap for all the haterz :giggle:

looks like there are more active dhoni fans than rest of the fans/haterz combined ..

Wait for it.

Dhoni is'nt playing right...thats the reason. Its the only time Dhoni fans can come out and dwell on his past performances. This can't happen when he is in the midst of another '23 off 47 in T20 game batting second when the rrr is 10.24 and then the team misses by 6 runs' kind of innings.

Edited by sourab10forever
12 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Wait for it.

Dhoni is'nt playing right...thats the reason. Its the only time Dhoni fans can come out and dwell on his past performances. This can't happen when he is in the midst of another '23 off 47 in T20 game batting second when the rrr is 10.24 and then the team misses by 6 runs' kind of innings.

there are far more hitz than misses :bandit:

dhoni is not a god to win every match ... he is a lesser god :giggle:

6 minutes ago, velu said:

fans wanted to build a temple for dhoni.. his parents refused

What? Glad his parents refused. Some fans literally worship players. It's ridiculous. :facepalm:

Apologies to sscomp32 if he gets up early every morning and folds hands to a Dhoni poster on his wall. :D

5 hours ago, Sujithmb13 said:

U guys didn't answer one more question Who was a better wc player? Selectively skipping? And in t20i also you guys may rate Dhoni higher than Yuvi .Am I right? :P

Ill answer that n ill many more for u and since u have skipped asking many ques selectively ill answer u all ques

Yuvraj was a better Wc player

Yuvraj was a better t20 player, but was right now he is no better than many under-19 kids

Dhoni was more versatile has better record at every Odi position including open n 3 where yuvi failed

Dhoni is a better Odi player and will end his career as better player

Dhoni is a better in test

Dhoni is better player of spin

Yuvi was a better player of fast bowling and became shit but dhoni became better and still is bloody gud 

Dhoni is a better chaser

Dhoni is more reliable

Dhoni is a better overseas player

Dhoni is fitter and more alert minded whereas yuvraj has been quite absent minded many times

Dhoni at his worst is still better than half our team , yuvi at his worst would avg less than a tailender

Yuvraj was one of India best fielder whose fielding started going down around 2008 itself and dhoni keeping has gone strength to strength

As @viper said comparsion arent right but if u really want to , ill give u something for comparison. Compare hoe many times yuvi has been Ranking at top to dhoni or Compare how many times Yuvi has been dropped for poor performances and how many times dhoni and let me tell dhoni hasnt been ever dropped from the team be if form or fitness.