Australia are top favorites for WC19

Number

Nope.  

You can't just assume that Warner and Smith just walk back in and resume their form and run production.  Australia lacks a wrist spinner, and batting depth.  As it is, there are hardly 4-5 top ODI sides in cricket anyway, so they have a decent shot at making the semi-final and from there its just winning 2 games.  But I'd rank their chances lower than Eng, Ind, SA and even NZ at this point in time.   For me its Eng, NZ, SA, Ind, Aus.   As of now.

3 minutes ago, Number said:

They lost 4 5 ODI series quite badly.

Though 2 of them were against England who are the best ODI side atm.

With the bowling attack they have, they will always be dangerous. Their lack of spinners is a concern but there are certain flaws every other sides.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Nope.  

You can't just assume that Warner and Smith just walk back in and resume their form and run production.  Australia lacks a wrist spinner, and batting depth.  As it is, there are hardly 4-5 top ODI sides in cricket anyway, so they have a decent shot at making the semi-final and from there its just winning 2 games.  But I'd rank their chances lower than Eng, Ind, SA and even NZ at this point in time.   For me its Eng, NZ, SA, Ind, Aus.   As of now.

That is one thing remains to be seen but if they click it can be really good Aussie side.

Reg. wrist spinner I dont think its really a big issue. On their day they can be really expensive.

With 4 solid bowlers I think they will go with Maxwell as 5th bowler. Carey will bat at 7 so that can solve batting depth issue as well.

7 minutes ago, Number said:

England may be but with us it will be very close. We are missing one key bowler they are missing 3.

ind vs eng .. i think if the pitch is slightly helpful to kuldeep ( + his  sidekick chahal or jaddu  ) , we will beat them badly ..

eng were clueless vs kuldeep ( saffers as well ) .. also padosis are englands bogeyman 

England are probably the clear favourites.

Ind/Aus/NZ/SA are probably even, one rung below Eng.

Aus have a pretty good team. Couple of players like Carey, Zampa/Lyon need to nail their spots before the WC.

* A Finch

D Warner

S Marsh

S Smith

G Maxwell

M Stoinis

+ A Carey

P Cummins

NCN / J Hazelwood

M Starc

Zampa / Lyon

3 very good pacers, 1 potentially good spinner, Stoinis as the 5th bowler and Maxwell as the 6th.

4 pace options, 2 spin options.

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Nope.  

Yep... At the same time, South Africans neither have a good team nor do they do well during knockouts.. rule them out and the chances of Aussies doing well improve.