Whether Jadeja is the best ever indian fielder?

velu

He is the quickest in the outfield and inside the thirty yard circle.

If there is a better fielder than him in India then he hasn’t probably played for India yet. 

Jadeja is indeed the best ever fielder to play for India- better than Yuvi, better than Raina or better than any top fielder from the past including a player picked for his fieldijg in 90s named Noel David.

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

He's close to the best, but Yuvraj at his peak was comparable. His backward point catches were something else though!

Didn’t have the strongest of throws from outfield and wasn’t as quick in chasing the ball in the outfield. With thicker bats and edges, those cut shots do not often go to point fielders now so we see less of such catches. Overall Jadeja is the best ever fielder we have had with Kaif at 2 and fixer at 3.

Jadeja in fact could right now be the quickest globally

15 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Too bad this guy sucks as a batsman, otherwise would have been a complete package.

Jadeja is not properly utilizsed in one dayers... He is not a slogger in the mould of  say Maxwell/Afridi  who can start blazing straight away & give a 20 ball 30 and get out.And that has been just the reason as to him being stagnant in one dayers as a batsman.

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Same guy has been averaging 45 since NZ series with consistent performances (10 50+ scores in 34 innings) in tests.

I guess it's time to use him as a floater if he plays. Somewhat like how Irfan was used.

I don't think he has the power game for LO pinch hitter, he also doesn't have too many strokes against the pacers. In tests he can play himself in & then go berserk, he doesn't have that luxury in LO & he was never a big hitter anyway, except the leg side swipe against spin.

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He does not suck as a batsman, just not a big hitter people expect him to be who can just come and start hitting due to his limited stroke range.

Unfortunately for him, the team balance is such that a role that matches his batting capabilities isn't available.  And importantly his bowling isn't as penetrative as Chahal's.  In fact on a road, I'd trust Chahal to be more economical as well.  

Azhar and it isn't even close. That guy could field everywhere, deep, circle, close in (without helmet), slip cordon. The most complete fielder of all time along with Ponting, and his rocket throws just by flicking wrists...magic !!!  He was on the verge of being dropped for the 1989-90 Pakistan tour, Cheeka the captain forced the selectors to pick him, bola ki if not Azhar, fielding kaun karega?

Pity his amazing fielding feats aren't available on YT, but those who saw him will vouch for his all round skills. I remember a Sportstar issue in the 2000s which carried a story abut fielding and many of the interviewees talked about Azhar, IIRC Ponting called him his idol as far as fielding was concerned. 

Jaddu as good as he is...very limited, never seen him do miracles in slip cordon or forward short leg, leg slip, silly point etc. 

A couple at the start:

Honestly this is nowhere near the best collection, I wish it were available somewhere. I remember him running a Pakistani batsman out with a flick of his wrist from outside the 30 yard circle, flat rocket released in no time....like that Rohit Sharma run out in 2007 WT20 (RSA) but from a longer distance, can never forget that piece of genius.