Your unpopular opinion thread

Stradlater

54 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

And @Gollum The Dalit intellectuals which you have praised earlier are even the worst. They call Hindu Gods all sort of names and organize events in JNU in praise of Mahishasur, calling Goddess Durga the names which I can't mention here. There is even a famous book published by that lot wherein they claim that Mahishasur was originally a Moolnivasi who was killed by trickery by Durga , a malicious Aryan lady.

Ye sab harami hai mere bhai. 

I am aware of the Durga/JNU/Mahishasur controversy. I have nothing but hatred for JNU and the urban maoists. I don't like the Dalit activists who tie up with those bastards, I am hoping for a non violent, democratic Dalit uprising in Indian politics and certainly not one that resonates with the "Break India" forces. Even an increased role for Dalits in national parties will be a positive development. Leftists are hypocritical scumbags, for all their love for Dalits how many Dalits are there in the politburo? Sab dikhawa hai, feckers don't give a damn about them. 

Regarding the Mahishasur plotline there are some communities in Bengal that worship him. So again a difference in interpretation, as Hindus we have to take everyone into our fold. You know how important Durga is to Bengalis...but still people there won't talk ill about the Asura King. Come to think of it, why is it that he is a villain while a dick like Indra is a deva? Mahishasur's main fault was that he kept on defeating the devas and they threw their toys out of their prams....how many dick moves has Indra played in Hindu mythology? Didn't the devas have negative traits? We need to go beyond the good-bad interpretations and treat the stories as moral lessons. And there should be scope for differing interpretations. Same with Ravan, many Tamils worship him. And they are not wrong, even though Ravan had negative traits he had some kickass qualities, was the greatest devotee of Shiva and a big influence on our culture (music, shlokas). And he didn't touch Sita once in Lanka, he did what he had to do to allow the moral lesson to play out. And Kumbhakarn too was a good rakshas, any day these 2 over that traitor Vibhishan  for me, subsequent history shows that our landmass has suffered more because of treachery than anything else. Besides all the villains in our mythology had some great qualities that made them worthy to be killed by our Gods and Goddesses. Are you familiar with the Jaya-Vijaya story?

Again I condemn the filthy language the JNU scumbags used against Durga, I don't even consider them worthy to speak about our religion. But I am not sure praising Mahishasur or taking pride in being from his lineage deserves criticism. After all isn't Hinduism about taking everyone along? If we could merge the Shaivites, Vaishnavites and Devi worshippers and still find a place to respect everyone, we should be equally courteous in adopting many local legends and customs even if they go a tad against what we are taught by our elders. One of the reasons we are losing many adivasis to missionaries is because Hinduism hasn't been successful in bringing them into the fold of the giant umbrella of our dharma. 

Edited by Gollum

19 hours ago, Gollum said:

I am aware of the Durga/JNU/Mahishasur controversy. I have nothing but hatred for JNU and the urban maoists. I don't like the Dalit activists who tie up with those bastards, I am hoping for a non violent, democratic Dalit uprising in Indian politics and certainly not one that resonates with the "Break India" forces. Even an increased role for Dalits in national parties will be a positive development. Leftists are hypocritical scumbags, for all their love for Dalits how many Dalits are there in the politburo? Sab dikhawa hai, feckers don't give a damn about them. 

This idea of non violent Dalit movement while may sound good but the reality couldn't be farther. The newly emerging Dalit leaders are for some reason hardcore leftists (Jignesh and Khalid are BFFs) and vehemently upper castes. They are as bad as their oppressors in the past used to be and want a hegemony of their own kind throwing out National interests out of the window. For them upper castes are scourge on Earth and Hinduism, or Brahminism as they would call it, nothing more of wasted cult. To achieve their ends they could stoop so low as taking support of radical Islamists as we saw in Saharanpur where Imran Masood and Chandrashekhar Rawan of Bhim army are chums together. 

19 hours ago, Gollum said:

Regarding the Mahishasur plotline there are some communities in Bengal that worship him. So again a difference in interpretation, as Hindus we have to take everyone into our fold. You know how important Durga is to Bengalis...but still people there won't talk ill about the Asura King. Come to think of it, why is it that he is a villain while a dick like Indra is a deva? Mahishasur's main fault was that he kept on defeating the devas and they threw their toys out of their prams....how many dick moves has Indra played in Hindu mythology? Didn't the devas have negative traits? We need to go beyond the good-bad interpretations and treat the stories as moral lessons. And there should be scope for differing interpretations. Same with Ravan, many Tamils worship him. And they are not wrong, even though Ravan had negative traits he had some kickass qualities, was the greatest devotee of Shiva and a big influence on our culture (music, shlokas). And he didn't touch Sita once in Lanka, he did what he had to do to allow the moral lesson to play out. And Kumbhakarn too was a good rakshas, any day these 2 over that traitor Vibhishan  for me, subsequent history shows that our landmass has suffered more because of treachery than anything else. Besides all the villains in our mythology had some great qualities that made them worthy to be killed by our Gods and Goddesses. Are you familiar with the Jaya-Vijaya story?

Again I condemn the filthy language the JNU scumbags used against Durga, I don't even consider them worthy to speak about our religion. But I am not sure praising Mahishasur or taking pride in being from his lineage deserves criticism. After all isn't Hinduism about taking everyone along? If we could merge the Shaivites, Vaishnavites and Devi worshippers and still find a place to respect everyone, we should be equally courteous in adopting many local legends and customs even if they go a tad against what we are taught by our elders. One of the reasons we are losing many adivasis to missionaries is because Hinduism hasn't been successful in bringing them into the fold of the giant umbrella of our dharma. 

I have no issues in people worshipping Mahishasur , Ravana or Heck Duryodhan for that matter. But I do have problems when they start using disgusting language about Goddesses such as Durga going so far as calling her a prostitute. I mean what the hell! 

Not to mention spitting on the pictures of Lord Hanuman (I'm sure you remember the video) in an open rally. Is that what we call Dalit empowerment? 

And its even more funny since Shaktism has its origins from Eastern India and borrows heavily from the tribal customs of that region.

1 minute ago, FischerTal said:

she wanted to have time away from him because he was so jealous about Mark. she never specified whether they were still together so technically they are on a BREAK. 

They were on a longish sulk....:p:

Dil ki baaton mein technical loopholes nahin dhondte.....:no:

Edited by beetle