Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SK_IH

Dhoni is still a problem; his series stats are misleading - but he will definitely go to the WC now (not that it was ever in doubt)

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

hahaha,he  is trolling the nation  st this point. i am not even mad,let's see how long he can keep  it up.

True, I have a feeling bubble gonna burst soon. You can't fool all for long

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

"  In the last decade, only two innings from Indian batsmen of 96 balls or longer have been slower than Dhoni's today. One was Rayudu against Zimbabwe in 2016 (3.1rpo), and the other was Dhoni himself against the West Indies in 2017. "

 

 #AUSvIND — The Cricket Prof. (@CricProf) January 12, 2019

These CricViz guys are doing a great job. Just print the facts as it is and no tolerance to nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

"  MS Dhoni.. - Second slowest ODI 50 - in 93 balls today - Slowest: in 108 balls v WI at North Sound in 2017  "

 

#AusvInd#AusvsInd — Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) January 12, 2019

WOW !!! And both played today..and fk***d India bothways..:wall:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

"  In the last decade, only two innings from Indian batsmen of 96 balls or longer have been slower than Dhoni's today. One was Rayudu against Zimbabwe in 2016 (3.1rpo), and the other was Dhoni himself against the West Indies in 2017. "

 

 #AUSvIND — The Cricket Prof. (@CricProf) January 12, 2019

like master, like pupil. the dhoni-itis (tuk-tuking meaningless runs at low SR) is spreading fast. maybe even virat will contract tihs deadly illness.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Pant’s scoring rate in tests is slightly better than Dhoni’s strike rate in ODIs in last 12 months. 

that's because the "new and improved" MSD seems to be auditioning for tests again, to grab back his spot and sink his tentacles into the test team once more.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Still the king though :p: 

hyenas confronting the lion have teeth that can bite through bones, which lions cannot do. 9 times out of 10, I would back a group of aggressive hyenas to kill the lion (and chomp away until almost nothing remains).

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

hyenas confronting the lion have teeth that can bite through bones, which lions cannot do. 9 times out of 10, I would back a group of aggressive hyenas to kill the lion (and chomp away until almost nothing remains).

 Totally missed the point but ok :cantstop: 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Vijy said:

didn't miss the point. just took the opportunity to mention how awesome hyenas are. :phehe:

Nope.I have seen the pack of hyenas getting destroyed by a single Lion.Never ever seen a Lion dominated by Hyenas.They **** on Lion's roar.

Share this post


Link to post

On the face of it Dhoni won MOS and scored 3 fifties in 3 games, but the stats are a little misleading. Okay, in the first ODI he got a wrong decision, but 50 from 96 in this day and age is unacceptable even if you are rebuilding. If you play 100 balls, your SR should be at least 90. In England where scores in the high 300s and 400s are not uncommon, Dhoni will be a huge liability. We will either set 300 on a 330 wicket or fall short by 30 runs chasing 300+. In both the 2nd and 3rd ODIs he was not convincing. 

 

But now that there's no way he won't be a part of the WC team, we need to make sure we make the best of what we have:

 

1)Dhawan

2)Rohit

3)Kohli

4)Dhoni

5)Karthik

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

 

We bat till 8-9. We will need Jadeja, Pandya and Jadhav to bowl 20 overs.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

On the face of it Dhoni won MOS and scored 3 fifties in 3 games, but the stats are a little misleading. Okay, in the first ODI he got a wrong decision, but 50 from 96 in this day and age is unacceptable even if you are rebuilding. If you play 100 balls, your SR should be at least 90. In England where scores in the high 300s and 400s are not uncommon, Dhoni will be a huge liability. We will either set 300 on a 330 wicket or fall short by 30 runs chasing 300+. In both the 2nd and 3rd ODIs he was not convincing. 

 

But now that there's no way he won't be a part of the WC team, we need to make sure we make the best of what we have:

 

1)Dhawan

2)Rohit

3)Kohli

4)Dhoni

5)Karthik

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

 

We bat till 8-9. We will need Jadeja, Pandya and Jadhav to bowl 20 overs.

So you expect batsmen to blast away right from the start after being 4 for 3. It was due to Dhoni's efforts we came so close to winning the first match. I am 100% sure we would have won the first match as well had wrong decision been not made against Dhoni

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DHONI_FANN said:

So you expect batsmen to blast away right from the start after being 4 for 3. It was due to Dhoni's efforts we came so close to winning the first match. I am 100% sure we would have won the first match as well had wrong decision been not made against Dhoni

I am not sure we are going to have anything but less than 320+ totals in WC cup where Dhoni would be absolute liability as no 4 or tbh anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I am not sure we are going to have anything but less than 320+ totals in WC cup where Dhoni would be absolute liability as no 4 or tbh anywhere.

You have to take into account playing conditions. 230 on this pitch was equivalent to 300-320 on any other flat batting deck. Not to forget slow outfield and overcast condition

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

On the face of it Dhoni won MOS and scored 3 fifties in 3 games, but the stats are a little misleading. Okay, in the first ODI he got a wrong decision, but 50 from 96 in this day and age is unacceptable even if you are rebuilding. If you play 100 balls, your SR should be at least 90. In England where scores in the high 300s and 400s are not uncommon, Dhoni will be a huge liability. We will either set 300 on a 330 wicket or fall short by 30 runs chasing 300+. In both the 2nd and 3rd ODIs he was not convincing. 

 

But now that there's no way he won't be a part of the WC team, we need to make sure we make the best of what we have:

 

1)Dhawan

2)Rohit

3)Kohli

4)Dhoni

5)Karthik

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

 

We bat till 8-9. We will need Jadeja, Pandya and Jadhav to bowl 20 overs.

That is a horrible middle order.Jadeja makes for a toothless bowler.

 

15 man team -

 

dhawan

rohit

kohli

gill

dhoni

kedar

pandya

bhuvi

chahal

kuldeep

bumrah

 

shami

jadeja

pant

rahul/kartik

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Take that team and put it in your Dil.Both wristys are needed over that phoney Jadeja, irrespective of how Dhoni bats.

Actually I am not very convinced about Jadeja and not a fan. I just feel on absolute flat tracks against good teams where 350 is par (like it will be in the WC), KulCha won't be that much of a step up and Jaddu's (potential) quick 25 odd at the end could prove vital.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

That is a horrible middle order.Jadeja makes for a toothless bowler.

 

15 man team -

 

dhawan

rohit

kohli

gill

dhoni

kedar

pandya

bhuvi

chahal

kuldeep

bumrah

 

shami

jadeja

pant

rahul/kartik

 

I agree with you that it is not the ideal middle order, but what choice do we have? The team I posted is the most realistic in terms of what we will get. There's no chance that Gill will make the 11 for the WC barring exceptional circumstances. Otherwise I would rather have Pant over Dhoni/DK.

Edited by Dil Dil India

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dil Dil India said:

Actually I am not very convinced about Jadeja and not a fan. I just feel on absolute flat tracks against good teams where 350 is par (like it will be in the WC), KulCha won't be that much of a step up and Jaddu's (potential) quick 25 odd at the end could prove vital.

I think 10 over 65 runs 3 wickets is better than  no wickets and pathetic batting lower down.Wristys are lifeline to the captain.Jadeja is a proven failure apart from CT 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Actually I am not very convinced about Jadeja and not a fan. I just feel on absolute flat tracks against good teams where 350 is par (like it will be in the WC), KulCha won't be that much of a step up and Jaddu's (potential) quick 25 odd at the end could prove vital.

In 10 years, how many times has jadeja actually gotten us quick 25 runs when we needed?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Actually I am not very convinced about Jadeja and not a fan. I just feel on absolute flat tracks against good teams where 350 is par (like it will be in the WC), KulCha won't be that much of a step up and Jaddu's (potential) quick 25 odd at the end could prove vital.

For belters  where 350 will be par, I doubt if Jadeja will get batting . His utility is when their is a middle-order collapse and that can happen in grounds which offer little bit to bowling : pace or spin .

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

I think 10 over 65 runs 3 wickets is better than  no wickets and pathetic batting lower down.Wristys are lifeline to the captain.Jadeja is a proven failure apart from CT 2013.

I see your point and partially agree; if only either of Kulcha could bat even a little bit, it would be a very easy choice.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

In 10 years, how many times has jadeja actually gotten us quick 25 runs when we needed?

He has good numbers to be fair especially in England (averages 70 odd with the bat and 27 with the ball). Like I said, I am not a fan and his run out of Pandya in CT 17 still pisses me off, but given the duds we have in the middle order (thank God that Rayudu is gone), even a quickfire 20 at the end may prove vital.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

I see your point and partially agree; if only either of Kulcha could bat even a little bit, it would be a very easy choice.

I am pretty sure the best bowling attack would win the world cup.Takings wickets right through.Bowling has been our strength in the recent past and also Pandya coming back would mean no need of Jadeja or his batting.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dil Dil India said:

He has good numbers to be fair especially in England (averages 70 odd with the bat and 27 with the ball). Like I said, I am not a fan and his run out of Pandya in CT 17 still pisses me off, but given the duds we have in the middle order (thank God that Rayudu is gone), even a quickfire 20 at the end may prove vital.

If we need to rely on jadeja batting to win, then we may as well stop playing cricket.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

For belters  where 350 will be par, I doubt if Jadeja will get batting . His utility is when their is a middle-order collapse and that can happen in grounds which offer little bit to bowling : pace or spin .

He will definitely get to bat unless you're saying we will chase down 350 or set 350 without losing 5-6 wickets.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

I see your point and partially agree; if only either of Kulcha could bat even a little bit, it would be a very easy choice.

We should do a narine her and send kuldeep one down in t20s just for practice sake..

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I am pretty sure the best bowling attack would win the world cup.Takings wickets right through.Bowling has been our strength in the recent past and also Pandya coming back would mean no need of Jadeja or his batting.

Would you play both KulCha?

Share this post


Link to post

To say we only get 320-330 runs to chase is a ridiculous assumption. I don't think we will only get belter of surface in England. There were lot of  instances in CT 2013 and CT 2017, where small totals were made and defended. So Dhoni at 4 is not that bad. He can be useful in chasing small but tricky total on a difficult surface, just like what he did in MCG.

Edited by Insidious

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Insidious said:

To say we only get 320-330 runs to chase is a ridiculous assumption. I don't think we will only get belter of surface in England. There were lot of  instances in CT 2013 and CT 2017, where small totals were made and defended. So Dhoni at 4 is not that bad. He can be useful in chasing small but tricky total on a difficult surface, just like what he did in MCG.

CT 2013 was completely different - there was a lot of rain which led to start/stop finishes and affected matches. About CT 2017 - in the 5 matches India played:

 

In the final, we were chasing 338

first match vs Pak, we made 320 odd

SL chased 322 against us

The Bangla match doesn't really count, which only leaves one game vs SA where the pitch was slowish and a used one and they collapsed.

 

Against England, NZ or Aus(with Smith and Warner) we will definitely be chasing 320+ or need to set 320+ to win.

Edited by Dil Dil India

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, velu said:

dhoni is still a problem .. but problem is for the Opposition bowlers 

Common man , you have to accept Dhoni is putting so much pressure on everyone else.He is simply not able play big shots.Even on flat wickets, I dont think Dhoni would do any better.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

So you expect batsmen to blast away right from the start after being 4 for 3. It was due to Dhoni's efforts we came so close to winning the first match. I am 100% sure we would have won the first match as well had wrong decision been not made against Dhoni

Dont think we would have won that game even if Dhoni had stayed till the end because RRR had increased so much.  You cant keep rotting about 4/3 because that 4/3 became 100/3 but acceleration from Dhoni never came.  he kept prodding at a snails pace. you can accept 25-30 of 50 but cannot accept 13 of 46.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dil Dil India said:

On the face of it Dhoni won MOS and scored 3 fifties in 3 games, but the stats are a little misleading. Okay, in the first ODI he got a wrong decision, but 50 from 96 in this day and age is unacceptable even if you are rebuilding. If you play 100 balls, your SR should be at least 90. In England where scores in the high 300s and 400s are not uncommon, Dhoni will be a huge liability. We will either set 300 on a 330 wicket or fall short by 30 runs chasing 300+. In both the 2nd and 3rd ODIs he was not convincing. 

 

But now that there's no way he won't be a part of the WC team, we need to make sure we make the best of what we have:

 

1)Dhawan

2)Rohit

3)Kohli

4)Dhoni

5)Karthik

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

 

We bat till 8-9. We will need Jadeja, Pandya and Jadhav to bowl 20 overs.

Jadeja ahead of Chahal/Kuldeep?

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Actually I am not very convinced about Jadeja and not a fan. I just feel on absolute flat tracks against good teams where 350 is par (like it will be in the WC), KulCha won't be that much of a step up and Jaddu's (potential) quick 25 odd at the end could prove vital.

when have Jaddu given that quick 25 odd?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×