Line up for NZ series

Cricketics

I would draft in Gill right away. Pick mixture of what you want and what India will play and be realistic. Dhoni is going to play when available anyway so just have in your line ups. 

My line up for first ODI

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Gill

Dhoni

Jadhav

VijayShankar

Bhuvi

Chahal

Shami

Siraj

Chahal gets nod ahead of Kuldeep for his 6fer. Hard to drop him Now but  Kuldeep must play eventually and rotate with Chahal in the 2’nd or 3rd game.

Vijayshankar just got debut and must play a game Right away instead of carrying gatorade after just one game. Give him proper chance. Its a lomg 5 match series so good to give him chance at the start since Pandua is also away. 

Karthik sits our and rotates and makes bis way back in when team needs a new player.

1 minute ago, GautiMaan said:

So you expect both Jhadav and Shankar to complete their 10 overs

That's 20 overs of pure fun for the opposition

No I have removed Karthik for extra bowler in Siraj. Jadeja misses our from

the last odi line up.

So Jadhav and Shankar bowl 10 overs between them at least. 

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Also give Shami a rest where possible (played  the test series) 

Yes after first few games, may be Siraj and Khaleel both can play with Bhuvi and rest Shami. These are the only bowlers in squd and it is also important for us to give proper chance to Siraj as he would anyway not play when Bumrah returns after NZ tour.

So better to give them games here. 

Unfortunately I think Siraj and Ahmed are both sh-t for SENA conditions at this point in their careers. On those NZ grounds they are going to go for 80+ if they bowl ten overs. Is there seriously no one else we can bring instead? Given that they cannot bat or field, we may as well bring back Ishant.

1 minute ago, velu said:

is is possible to get pandya for NZ series ?

No let him stay in India now and get ready for Aus series. He won’t have proper focus in NZ after what happenend and its better hr relax a bit more.  Let the dust settle down a bit more before “mai karke aaya” is seen on tv again.  When available “mai karke aaya” walks in into Indian line up. 

17 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I would draft in Gill right away. Pick mixture of what you want and what India will play and be realistic. Dhoni is going to play when available anyway so just have in your line ups. 

My line up for first ODI

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Gill

Dhoni

Jadhav

VijayShankar

Bhuvi

Chahal

Shami

Siraj

Chahal gets nod ahead of Kuldeep for his 6fer. Hard to drop him Now but  Kuldeep must play eventually and rotate with Chahal in the 2’nd or 3rd game.

Vijayshankar just got debut and must play a game Right away instead of carrying gatorade after just one game. Give him proper chance. Its a lomg 5 match series so good to give him chance at the start since Pandua is also away. 

Karthik sits our and rotates and makes bis way back in when team needs a new player.

I don't think v should try Vijay shankar...not worth it.

Play siraj

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1. Rohit

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli

4. Kedar

5. Dhoni

6. Karthick

7. Shankar

8. Bhuvi

9. Kuldeep

10. Siraj

11. Chahal

**   Rest Shami for the first 2  ODIs.  He has been playing non-stop for 4 tests and 3 ODIs now.

Bro how is Shankar's hitting ability? Can he score a quick 20-30?

24 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Bro how is Shankar's hitting ability? Can he score a quick 20-30?

Saw his hitting against NZ-A. Was able to clear the fence easily against pacers. Guys like Ferguson like to bowl short and fast. Shankar can take them on. I think he will be ideal for small grounds where ball comes on to the bat with pace - like NZ, England etc. May not be that good in Australia or against spinners.