Who are the back-up leg spinners for Kuldeep & Chahal?

SecondSlip

Long term - my choice would be rahul chahar . He is already in A team vs Eng lions . That means he is in radar.

Guy is strong , good shoulders , bit quicker . good fielder and bats a bit too. Apart from his bowling can be useful hitter making 10-15 balls 20s .Hope he comes up well in the next 1 year .

But not ready right now.

When Nagarkoti in peak fitness and chahar with better control and few more variations join India one day side , We will be very very formidable side with batting also manned by guys like Shaw , Gill , Pant  apart from 3 class players .

Had kamlesh not been injured , 3 rd seamer position was his for the taking and he would have been a member of WC19 team . He is more suited to one day format among the new kids. 

BIG LOSS for India.

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

Which leg spinners in the domestic circuit are ready to play ODIs and be back-up for KulCha when they are unavailable? 

Leg spinners are hot prospects all over the world. We need to prepare a good number of back-ups so we don’t rely on useless defensive darters like Jadeja and Axar. 

R. Chahar seems to be doing pretty good and he is selected for A side...which means that he is in selectors radar...

Markande is also representing A side...which means selectors do recognize the importance of leg spinners...

I am surprised S. Gopal is not in selectors radar....moreover, he is not trusted by his state side, as well....Very rarely, he gets to bowl his regular quota of overs in LIST A matches

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

Which leg spinners in the domestic circuit are ready to play ODIs and be back-up for KulCha when they are unavailable? 

Leg spinners are hot prospects all over the world. We need to prepare a good number of back-ups so we don’t rely on useless defensive darters like Jadeja and Axar. 

markande and gopal for ODIs, with rahul chahar a long term option.

for tests - gopal and chahar as a long term option.

gopal has the advantage of being competent with the bat as well.

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

markande and gopal for ODIs, with rahul chahar a long term option.

for tests - gopal and chahar as a long term option.

gopal has the advantage of being competent with the bat as well.

At present Markande spins more than other 2 , has a good googly . But action of Googly  is diffferent than his leg spin. 

Will have to iron that out .

51 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Others have added Markande and Chahar.

Will add one name to the list SS Quadri. Used to play for Jharkhand, now playing for Bihar (which doesn’t help his case). Is perhaps the biggest turner of the ball among all in domestics (saw him bowl in 2018 VH trophy), though fitness standards may not be upto the scratch

yes, quadri is the biggest turner I have seen as well, but he is completely off selectors' radar. promising career once upon a time, but I don't think anyone will pay attention to him anymore since he's in the new plate league.

7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

At present Markande spins more than other 2 , has a good googly . But action of Googly  is diffferent than his leg spin. 

Will have to iron that out .

From what i have seen, R. Chahar spins more than anyone...

Markande has a mystery element because of which he became a instant hit in IPL.... But he was found out at the later part of the IPL..

I am sure, he is more than one trick pony.....otherwise, selectors wouldn't have put faith in him...

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

yes, quadri is the biggest turner I have seen as well, but he is completely off selectors' radar. promising career once upon a time, but I don't think anyone will pay attention to him anymore since he's in the new plate league.

I doubt his talent....if not, he would have been used by one of those IPL teams...esp when you know that there was so much demand for leg spin in IPL