Virat Kohli rested for last two New Zealand ODIs

Mosher

India captain Virat Kohli will not play the last two ODIs of the New Zealand series, and the T20s that follow; he has been rested for those games, the BCCI said on Wednesday. Rohit Sharma will captain India in his absence. No replacement player has been named for Kohli.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25831098/virat-kohli-rested-last-two-new-zealand-odis

Good move. Hope Gill gets to play now.

7 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Rayudu could have been out twice in first 2 balls he faced today. Our bad luck that we are still stuck with this chewt. Kohli might be the world's best but I still hate him for his sheer incompetence as a captain

I thought Rahul was the most hated player here, but it looks like Biriyani beats him. 

Rayudu will not go for WC. It's obvious. Rayudu was supposed to be the bakra for dhoni, but with him flopping so bad, it would be insane to get him board the flight. I think Midway into world cup we will see pant coming in . 

Gill will come in  last 3 ODIs and let's see. I think dravid has given some major inputs about Gill . So he must be the blue eyed boy a la' 2011 Kohli.  

To less time to test gill i think we should test other batsman first. We have got just 9 matches left so i highly doubt gill make part of worldcup squad with this less experience. If he wanted to be in worldcup squad he should have been playing for year+ now.

12 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

Rayudu will not go for WC. It's obvious. Rayudu was supposed to be the bakra for dhoni, but with him flopping so bad, it would be insane to get him board the flight. I think Midway into world cup we will see pant coming in . 

Gill will come in  last 3 ODIs and let's see. I think dravid has given some major inputs about Gill . So he must be the blue eyed boy a la' 2011 Kohli.  

Just hope so but after last odi in AUs no one thought Rayadu would make a comeback but captain clueless looks to be in awe of his batting talent. I mean any no name domestic batter can be picked and he ll still perform better than this joker who doesn't play first class, has bad SR during A series and also do not play any domestic.Talk abt privilege this guy is top at the list.

Edited by bahubali
30 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Rested for workload I presume!!

Let me guess "He'll be playing full IPL". :p:. 16 crores :two_thumbs_up:

To be fair, he has played every game since the start of the Oz tour. Every other player in the squad has missed/been rested at some point or the other.