Virat Kohli rested for last two New Zealand ODIs

Mosher

18 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Just hope so but after last odi in AUs no one thought Rayadu would make a comeback but captain clueless looks to be in awe of his batting talent. I mean any no name domestic batter can be picked and he ll still perform better than this joker who doesn't play first class, has bad SR during A series and also do not play any domestic.Talk abt privilege this guy is top at the list.

Above all, this chewt has the audacity to do a press conference and say practice doesn't make much of a difference. He should be banned for a lifetime for his shitty attitude alone

27 minutes ago, Nikola said:

To less time to test gill i think we should test other batsman first. We have got just 9 matches left so i highly doubt gill make part of worldcup squad with this less experience. If he wanted to be in worldcup squad he should have been playing for year+ now.

I don't think we have other batters who set the stage on fire in domestics and Gill has done decently in ranji and going by recency bias he deserves a look in and did perform decently in IPL as well . So he can handle international bowlers to a certain degree. The other options are Shreyas and Manish who have frailties as well and definitely not part of Indian team in near future . I would say , take a Gambit with pant and Gill and believe that they will click . Sam Curran did wonderful for England , so why not Gill !

We have 4 ODIs, 2 T20s , few ODIs with Australia at home and IPL as well. Enough practice . I say freeze the world cup squad now and start giving chances to folks who have not been in the mix. Use this as a preseason and start experimenting to give more batting opportunities to Gill, pant, DK,Jadhav, Vijay Shankar and Pandya.

Chief selector MSK Prasad clearly said that Gill is selected as a backup opener for Rohit/Dhawan and not as a middle order option. It's clear guys - India want to carry Rayudu into world cup. I expect the following line up in Rohit's absence -

Rohit

Dhawan

Rayudu

Dhoni

Karthik

Jadhav

Shankar/Jadeja

Bhuvaneshwar

Kuldeep

Chahal

Shami

I feel the team management is happy to let this world cup go at the expense of some pretty bad selections. Gill has been selected in the squad just so that people anticipate and keep quiet while Kohli, Dhoni, and Shastri destroy Indian team.

11 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Gill has been selected in the squad just so that people anticipate and keep quiet while Kohli, Dhoni, and Shastri destroy Indian team.

Gill was selected because KL Rahul got in trouble at Koffee With Karan. Gill wasn't even the first choice to replace him. Mayank Agarwal was, but he was injured.

Having Gill in the squad means nothing in terms of the World Cup 2019 squad. He'll probably get one game at most in New Zealand before they bring back KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya for the Australia series.

18 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

Will BCCI rest the players from stupid I-Pee-L to keep them fresh from WC. Don’t think so. Half of the side will carry niggles and be exhausted from the meaningless tournament.

BCCI do not own the Franchises. The BCCI can't enforce a compulsory break on the players. 

13 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Rested for workload I presume!!

Let me guess "He'll be playing full IPL". :p:. 16 crores :two_thumbs_up:

Every big Indian player should play a significant part of the IPL as a matter of priority.

Reason ...

More than 90% of the BCCI's revenues come from the IPL.

At least 75% of the ICC's  revenues come from the BCCI.

So, effective, international cricket is being financed largely by the IPL.

The much improved infrastructure and training facilities we are seeing for national and even state level cricketers nowadays in India have a lot to do with the financial success of the IPL.