The All-rounder Watch Thread

Khota

6 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Bengal has produced the worst quality of cricketers in India as compared to most states. There was nothing for him to support. Only Ganguly was someone who was the rare good international level  cricketer that was output of Bengal cricket.

But he did not play politics with selection process. I know how Azhar use to hype players from certain region to gain favor. Ganguly was a straight shooter.

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

But he did not play politics with selection process. I know how Azhar use to hype players from certain region to gain favor. Ganguly was a straight shooter.

Ganguly  selected crap players in playing 11. I think Dodda Ganesh (Karnataka) got cap under his captaincy. Mohanty (Bengal) too. Laxmiratan Shukla (Bengal) possibly also got a cap under his captaincy. Did Harvinder Singh too debut under Family.

6 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Ganguly  selected crap players in playing 11. I think Dodda Ganesh (Karnataka) got cap under his captaincy. Mohanty (Bengal) too. Laxmiratan Shukla (Bengal) possibly also got a cap under his captaincy. Did Harvinder Singh too debut under Family.

No Dodda Ganesh debuted under Sachin in the 1996 SA tour. First time I saw Indians playing 4 pacers( using the term loosely) after I started  watching cricket. Johnson might have debuted may be under Sachin or Azhar in the one off test against Australia right before that.

We had Prasad,Srinath and crap( Dodda and Johnson)

Also Mohanty under Sachin as well. Remember the legendary performance in Sahara cup where he made Anwar his bunny.

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

wont blame him for that coz u can select among what u have

he was good at backing players but that also had a downside as he backed some way to much thats why Chappell was such a fresh relief 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

No Dodda Ganesh debuted under Sachin in the 1996 SA tour. First time I saw Indians playing 4 pacers( using the term loosely) after I started  watching cricket.

We had Prasad,Srinath and crap( Dodda and Johnson)

Also Mohanty under Sachin as well. Remember the legendary performance in Sahara cup where he made Anwar his bunny.

Thank you. 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

wont blame him for that coz u can select among what u have

he was good at backing players but that also had a downside as he backed some way to much thats why Chappell was such a fresh relief 

Can you name what Bengal talent he or any other captain had to back. Apart from Ganguly which Bengal cricketer was good in history of Indian cricket. There was nothing for him to be partial. Everyone that Bengal team produced is crap. 

36 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Mohanty was not that bad. There were few misses but overall Ganguly did fine.

40 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Can you name what Bengal talent he or any other captain had to back. Apart from Ganguly which Bengal cricketer was good in history of Indian cricket. There was nothing for him to be partial. Everyone that Bengal team produced is crap. 

Shami

I didnt say ganguly backed bengal players . But he use to speak highly of manoj tiwary n dinda (use to call him best fast bowler in the country)

40 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Shami

I didnt say ganguly backed bengal players . But he use to speak highly of manoj tiwary n dinda (use to call him best fast bowler in the country)

1 hour ago, Khota said:

This was a perfect chance for Pandya to show something in batting and he did not. He was not the culprit but neither did he stand out.

If ever there was an opportune moment, this was it. But Pandya could do zilch. Just goes on to show one more time that when required, he is not the guy one can depend upon. He can only perform once in a blue moon, when other players have performed already and theres no pressure for him. He is not a go to guy. Which in my dictionary automatically eliminates him from taken seriously.

India might as well invest in another genuine pace bowler in place of Pandya, coz Pandya cant even hold on to his own in bowling.

10 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

If ever there was an opportune moment, this was it. But Pandya could do zilch. Just goes on to show one more time that when required, he is not the guy one can depend upon. He can only perform once in a blue moon, when other players have performed already and theres no pressure for him. He is not a go to guy. Which in my dictionary automatically eliminates him from taken seriously.

India might as well invest in another genuine pace bowler in place of Pandya, coz Pandya cant even hold on to his own in bowling.

He has hit his ceiling. He cannot do anymore than this.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:56 PM, Rightarmfast said:

blue moon came twice in 3 games