Discussing the bowling plan in hindi may backfire us someday ???

velu

7 hours ago, flamy said:

Geez, it obviously was Dhoni's plan, and even Kuldeep obviously loved the plan and the result. Dunno why so many people's panties are getting twisted :dontknow:

Just enjoy the game.

I think dhoni deserves some credit here. Though there is some PR here , I feel Kohli

strongly needs dhoni's on field coaching skills in crunch situations and hence the dependency.

Not being in the field as fans we might not be aware of the in game strategic shifts , but there should be that extra Delta where the team sees huge value in dhoni in limited overs that we fans are not able to.

From Dhoni's point of view why would he want to go out on a bad note, when he has so much Goodwill and brand equity built . Some fairy tale ending towards dhoni part 2 movie or book. Immortalize dhoni as the de facto numero Uno cricketer. That seems to be the mantra and I believe dhoni is confident he can end on a positive note. So support cast will be aligned to his capabilities and how we can win. Rayudu I feel will get kicked out. Pandya will be hyper focused now, which should be good. 

If we win the world cup , and dhoni even has a 5% role in it, his legacy will leapfrog Sachin to a great deal. People remember 100m winners not marathon runners- courtesy saif Ali Khan.

Edited by prasen82
15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

^^^ Kohli is doing fine without Dhoni in tests, this notion that Dhoni is somehow a genius on the field controlling bowling is ridiculous.

I too believed that notion, but just feel as fans we might be missing something that the players on the Field do.

I am just Pointing a  corollary from NFL , American  football which is a heavy strategy oriented game. Tom Brady of Patriots is 41 years old and has led Pat's to their 3rd consecutive super bowl this year  with a very odd motley Crew of teammates who have punched above their weight. The team is significantly weaker than the other teams in terms of talent and  capabilities but far superior in terms of coaching, strategy and seizing key moments . Tom Brady passing stats this year are nowhere near the top of the league which is what you need to make to Superbowl. Despite that the pats made it this year .

The Patriots bet on Brady's experience and his superior reading of the game which involves timely handoffs and in game adjustments i.e on field coaching skills which significantly overcame his age related slowness . This comes with experience and no amount of talent can buy you that .  The Patriots game strategy changed to maximizing Brady's reading of in game situation over his core quarterback or passing skills .

The same could be said of dhoni. They value his experience to get them out of tight spots if any crop up and bank on the top 3 to fire majorly in other game situations . The rest of supporting cast just has to be decent enough which means number 5,6,7 has to do their job.

I am no dhoni supporter but as I just think of possible scenarios , this just stems out..it just makes no sense as to why dhoni would jeopardize his legacy if he knows he sucks that bad and can't bail out team if needed. As fans we can just hope that the dhoni of yesteryears comes back and this WC we win like what CSK did last season.

Edited by prasen82
1 minute ago, prasen82 said:

I too believed that notion, but just feel as fans we might be missing something that the players on the Field do.

I am just starting a corollary from NFL which is a heavy strategy oriented game. Tom Brady of Patriots is 41 years old and has led Pat's to their 3rd consecutive super bowl with a very odd motley Crew of teammates who have punched above their weight. And his passing numbers are nowhere near the top of the league which is what you need to make to Superbowl.

The Patriots bet on Brady's experience and his superior reading of the game which involves timely handoffs and in game adjustments i.e on field coaching skills which significantly overcame his age related slowness . The game strategy changed to maximizing Brady's reading of in game situation over his core quarterback or passing skills .

The same could be said of dhoni. They value his experience to get them out of tight spots if any crop up and bank on the top 3 to fire majorly. The rest of supporting cast just has to be decent enough which means number 5,6,7.

I am no dhoni supporter but as I just think of possible scenarios , this just stems out..it just makes no sense as to why dhoni would jeopardize his legacy if he knows he sucks that bad and can't bail out team if needed. As fans we can just hope that the dhoni of yesteryears comes back and this WC we win like what CSK did last season.

You are comparing the greatest QB who has ever played to Dhoni .Tom Brady is still one the best QBs in NFL and when armed with his coach Bill they become the greatest.

Dhoni is no TB, now why he is hanging on ,it is same reason Sachin hung on , they just don't know when to quit.Dhoni has zero influence on the field.Stop taking credit away from the bowlers.

Dhoni is nothing but a washed up player who is hanging on for too long.

9 hours ago, velu said:

This is not a pro-dhoni thread.

Seen padosis doing this as well.

Probably batsmen might learn basic words and will be a step ahead of us.

Words like   upar , nechae , idhar , udar , bahar can be interpreted easily. 

:hmmmm2:

You wont believe but I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

Words like aage daal ,andar wali daal are easy to decode 

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

You are comparing the greatest QB who has ever played to Dhoni .Tom Brady is still one the best QBs in NFL and when armed with his coach Bill they become the greatest.

Dhoni is no TB, now why he is hanging on ,it is same reason Sachin hung on , they just don't know when to quit.Dhoni has zero influence on the field.Stop taking credit away from the bowlers.

Dhoni is nothing but a washed up player who is hanging on for too long.

I am trying to justify as nothing else makes sense. Tom Brady is playing for the love of the game and this year he is TBH having a pretty subpar year with very few playmakers. If not for coaching how can this team , reach the Superbowl. And I think it's also about making in game adjustments which is deciding when to pass and when to handoff which comes with experience. I think that is the crucial difference between Pat's and the other teams . So even with lower level of talent they have made right decisions at the most opportune time. I would like to call that experience. I am trying to reason it out by equating that to dhoni s experience . Whether it makes sense or not, I am not sure in cricket. But laying a hypothesis that team management sees a value in that .