Canceling Willow. Tips/suggestions?

kirkutfan

Hi, 

I was watching the India v Australia games in the US by subscribing to Willow tv. Now I don’t have any use for them anymore, so I have contacted them to cancel. They either do not respond or offer me discounts. But they have not complied with my requests to cancel. Any ideas on how I can make this cancellation happen? Thanks for helping me out.

5 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

Hi, 

I was watching the India v Australia games in the US by subscribing to Willow tv. Now I don’t have any use for them anymore, so I have contacted them to cancel. They either do not respond or offer me discounts. But they have not complied with my requests to cancel. Any ideas on how I can make this cancellation happen? Thanks for helping me out.

Did you sign a contract? If you did you have to honor it.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Did you sign a contract? If you did you have to honor it.

Thanks. Not trying to get out of a contract. Rather, it’s the company making it difficult by not providing for a straight forward way to cancel. They were not always that way. One used to be able to cancel online through regular menu options. I hope they bring that back.

NO need to go through of calling cc company.

I e-mailed willow tv and they asked why you want to go and I said that now there is “log in as provider” option so since I have willow on my tv through verizon I use that to login on willow so I don’t need extra subscription.

That is all I said and that was it. They removed my paid subscription right away

8 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

Hi, 

They always provide counter offers for generic cancellation requests... Just send them a strongly worded email that you are NOT interested in subscribing any further and would not like your payment to go through the next renewal... Maybe even add a line stating that you would dispute the transaction if the renewal went through... 

If it is point blank and very clear that you are not interested, they do not make counter offers.. 

It is kinda sad that they do not offer cancellations directly on their website and you need to go through CS emails each time.

I cancelled two days back. I got an email asking me to confirm.. You have to select Yes, please cancel and give the reasons for cancellation. They cannot say "we won't cancel".  It is a pretty stupid process. But their hope is customer would ignore the 2nd email. So keep an eye on email from them.

2ngesl4.png

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

NO need to go through of calling cc company.

I e-mailed willow tv and they asked why you want to go and I said that now there is “log in as provider” option so since I have willow on my tv through verizon I use that to login on willow so I don’t need extra subscription.

That is all I said and that was it. They removed my paid subscription right away

:rofl: Did you even read his original post? You want  him to come up with excuses why he wants to cancel? He contacted Willow and they did not cancel the subscription. Let the cc company take care of it instead of wasting further time on this.

Willow se tereko cut milta hain kya? :giggle:

1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

:rofl: Did you even read his original post? You want  him to come up with excuses why he wants to cancel? He contacted Willow and they did not cancel the subscription. Let the cc company take care of it instead of wasting further time on this.

Willow se tereko cut milta hain kya? :giggle:

Abey saleh itna free time nahi ki cc ko call karo and then tag karo etc(more work tried to tag the right email id of cc).

Quick easy email about not need subscription simce I already have tv subscription was less dramafull and easy to get the job done.

Why waste more time.

9 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

Thanks. Not trying to get out of a contract. Rather, it’s the company making it difficult by not providing for a straight forward way to cancel. They were not always that way. One used to be able to cancel online through regular menu options. I hope they bring that back.

If it was month to month there should be no problem. If you signed a deal then there is slight problem.

Edited by Khota
11 hours ago, bowl_out said:

They always provide counter offers for generic cancellation requests... Just send them a strongly worded email that you are NOT interested in subscribing any further and would not like your payment to go through the next renewal... Maybe even add a line stating that you would dispute the transaction if the renewal went through... 

If it is point blank and very clear that you are not interested, they do not make counter offers.. 

It is kinda sad that they do not offer cancellations directly on their website and you need to go through CS emails each time.

Thanks. I sent the strongly worded email. If I don’t get the response I need within the next 24 hrs, I will follow audiophile’s recommendation of calling the credit card company to stop payments to Willow. This experience has been disappointing. Willow used to have a very easy way to cancel online. As a customer I appreciated that because I never thought twice about re-signing when they had programming that interested me.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Abey saleh itna free time nahi ki cc ko call karo and then tag karo etc(more work tried to tag the right email id of cc).

Quick easy email about not need subscription simce I already have tv subscription was less dramafull and easy to get the job done.

Why waste more time.

That wasn’t a bad recommendation. I just felt that I needed to stay consistent with previous correspondence by keeping things simple. Cancel because I don’t need it anymore. But I understand why your method may have been more effective.

3 hours ago, Audiophile said:

I just cancel my subscription from my iPhone. No need to email or talk to a any desi dehati talking with a fake American accent trying to sell me shyt!

Did you initiate your subscription via iTunes? In hindsight I should have done that. I subscribed via willow’s website.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I cancelled two days back. I got an email asking me to confirm.. You have to select Yes, please cancel and give the reasons for cancellation. They cannot say "we won't cancel".  It is a pretty stupid process. But their hope is customer would ignore the 2nd email. So keep an eye on email from them.

2ngesl4.png

I did not get an email like the one you have above. 

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Why waste more time.

Abe, Tera to ho Gaya Kaliya! Ham log baat kar rahe hain OP ke baare mein. Sabka ek situation or solution nahin hota pyaare bhaiya! :giggle:

9 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

Did you initiate your subscription via iTunes? In hindsight I should have done that. I subscribed via willow’s website.

Yes, I always do my subscription via iTunes. Canceling it is one click. For Willow, I typically watch it on my TV through Apple TV 4K.

However, in your case, see if a stern email that you do not want to renew subscription under any circumstances work. Otherwise, I would not waste any time and just call the cc and explain what happened and let them dispute it. One call from cc and Willow will drop your subscription like a hot potato. :giggle: