Ind could play 3 ARs

zen

I like that line-up!

certainly worth trying out,

Lot of bowling options and combo of Jadhav-Shankar-Pandya gives you anyone of three able to play longish innings (50plus) or strike at 130 plus.

As long as top three perform like currently then these three coming in latter provides plenty late order muscle

11 hours ago, test fan said:

I seen his batting qwality  in Nidhas trophy .lol

In December last year in New Zealand, Vijay was entrusted with the responsibility of finishing the innings for India A, and he stepped up with a chart-topping 188 runs at an average of 94 and strike-rate of 105.02 in the side's 3-0 sweep of a strong New Zealand A in the List A series.

Vijay says that tackling different conditions - according to him, the pitches for the first two one-dayers were quick while the one for the third game was slow - and an international attack comprising Lockie Ferguson, James Neesham, Seth Rance and Doug Bracewell has tuned him up for his first ODI assignment.

"The A series in New Zealand was an eye-opener for me," Vijay says. "We were chasing 300 or more in the first two games and I was able to win it for my team against a quality attack. In the third match, the wicket got a bit slow and Rahul [Dravid] sir came up to me and said try to take the total to 250. I got around 45 and we went past the total and won. I was able to do what the team needed.

"The tour showed me I can stand up to one of the quickest bowlers [Lockie Ferguson] in the world. It was not just about hitting well. I believe I was able to control the innings well. And finishing the innings has been a great experience. When you go to different conditions and perform and learn, it definitely gives you a good feel."

15 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

In December last year in New Zealand, Vijay was entrusted with the responsibility of finishing the innings for India A, and he stepped up with a chart-topping 188 runs at an average of 94 and strike-rate of 105.02 in the side's 3-0 sweep of a strong New Zealand A in the List A series.

Vijay says that tackling different conditions - according to him, the pitches for the first two one-dayers were quick while the one for the third game was slow - and an international attack comprising Lockie Ferguson, James Neesham, Seth Rance and Doug Bracewell has tuned him up for his first ODI assignment.

"The A series in New Zealand was an eye-opener for me," Vijay says. "We were chasing 300 or more in the first two games and I was able to win it for my team against a quality attack. In the third match, the wicket got a bit slow and Rahul [Dravid] sir came up to me and said try to take the total to 250. I got around 45 and we went past the total and won. I was able to do what the team needed.

"The tour showed me I can stand up to one of the quickest bowlers [Lockie Ferguson] in the world. It was not just about hitting well. I believe I was able to control the innings well. And finishing the innings has been a great experience. When you go to different conditions and perform and learn, it definitely gives you a good feel."

Playing with India A or playing with India is a lot different .when u understand this u know ans 

2 hours ago, test fan said:

Playing with India A or playing with India is a lot different .when u understand this u know ans 

Lockie Ferguson and Doug Bracewell both played the 1st ODI on Wednesday. Even Jimmy Neesham and Seth Rance have played ODIs for New Zealand. The venue that India 'A' played at is the same venue as the 2nd and 3rd ODIs of this series.

Either way, you have to perform at domestic/'A' level to get to international level. International level players don't just come out of nowhere.

He's performed in an entire ODI series for India 'A' and you're judging him based on one T20I. I say give him a chance. If he fails, he fails and we move on, but we won't know without trying. There must be something about him if Rahul Dravid tried to push him up the order to No. 5.

Edited by TNAmarkFromIndia