Ind could play 3 ARs

zen

Don't think Shankar's inclusion is a wise idea. He is still a rookie at international level.I would prefer only 2 all rounders at best, and if 3 are considered , would go with   Pandya,Jadhav & Jadeja .Jadeja may not be a brilliant one day bowler, but he can  save runs & pick wkts   with his fielding

15 hours ago, test fan said:

I seen his batting qwality  in Nidhas trophy .lol

Woow....

How many matches? ....oops how many overs?

Pls give him some slack....

He just played one bloody T20 match...that too all important final...He came at the dearth overs....

Yes...he failed....but you need just one match to decide the fate of a player...

Dravid thinks he is handy allrounder....I am sure, you know more than him

3 hours ago, test fan said:

Playing with India A or playing with India is a lot different .when u understand this u know ans 

Yes..totally agree

But all our players came from first class cricket and A tours is the acid test to check, if they are good enough at the highest level...

MSD, Virat, Rahana, Rohit, Dhawan, Shami ....list is endless......All these guyz proved in the A tours before they were drafted in....

Yes!! Player needs to raise his level of expertise in intl matches but we dont know that until he is given a chance.

Vijay Shankar has passed the acid test of A tour...that too in alien conditions...so he deserve his chances...

Having said all this, Kohli will drop him in the next match as Pandya is back....and i totally support that...

But he should get his chance (may be after 3rd ODI) when kohli is rested and slot opens up...

It is outrageous to send Pandya to NZ in between a series ... Especially since the team is Winning..  his presence there can create a lot of problems.. people will again be asked to comment and God knows how it may impact the dressing room atmosphere.. I hope we do not discard Vijay without his own mistake first.. he has bowled decently till now if nothing great and has not had a chance with the bat yet

7 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

What did you think of his batting today?

I think he did well today, looked a lot more assured against swing plus was rotating strike well till rayudu brainfart, so us considering our other options are raydud and karthik, he should deffo play considering dhoni is undropable

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

I think he did well today, looked a lot more assured against swing plus was rotating strike well till rayudu brainfart, so us considering our other options are raydud and karthik, he should deffo play considering dhoni is undropable

Yeah. Unfortunately for him, Dhoni and Rayudu won't be dropped and Karthik is a back-up for Dhoni. Shankar is a back-up for Pandya and both won't play in the XI together.

21 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Yeah. Unfortunately for him, Dhoni and Rayudu won't be dropped and Karthik is a back-up for Dhoni. Shankar is a back-up for Pandya and both won't play in the XI together.

Pandya's workload means injuries will never be far away.  Shankar will get his chances.  Probably after the WC though

On 1/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, WeStMiDz said:

Some people wanted Shankar as our test all rounder lol

Shankar looks a better bet for a Test all rounder than Pandya. We've clearly shown against Aus that we can win a Test series with 4 bowlers. Shankar's addition to the Test side (when it happens) would mean having a solid batsman who can chip in with a few overs to give the top 4 bowlers a break... Unlike Pandya, whose role is neither clearly defined as a bowler or a batsman in Tests.

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

Pandya's workload means injuries will never be far away.  Shankar will get his chances.  Probably after the WC though

I think Shankar should not be a back-up or replacement for Pandya. Pandya can sometimes bowl 10 good overs whereas Shankar can only be used at a certain time to get overs out of someone when the batsmen are not looking to attack. He's not a wicket-taking bowler at all. He can come in as a No. 5/No. 6 batsman but he can't be picked as the 5th bowler like Pandya.

Shastri made a point in his interview which I particularly liked the idea of padding the batting by playing more batsmen/allrounders which means Hardik could bat at number 8 which will allow us to recover from early setbacks,ask others to go hard since Dhoni is going to be Dhoni.

Rohit

Dhawan

Virat

Rayudu

Dhoni

Kedhar

Krunal/Shankar

Hardik

Shami

Chahal

Bumrah