zen

Ind could play 3 ARs

With Hardik slated to be jettisoned to NZ, Ind could play a combination of 3 ARs / bits and pieces players 

Rohit

Dhawan

Gill

Dhoni

Jadhav

Shankar

Hardik

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Shami (if not rested) / pacer

Chahal 

Edited by zen

7 bowler leke karega kya..Tail will anyways start from Bhuvi at no 8

so better to pick a batsman

51 minutes ago, zen said:

Jadhav

Shankar

Hardik

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Chahal 

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Jettisoned means discarded Zen bhai.  Thoda angrezi mein dhokla-fafda ho gaya

:lol: I used it as beamed from a spaceship to NZ 

5 minutes ago, neel roy said:

7 bowler leke karega kya..Tail will anyways start from Bhuvi at no 8

so better to pick a batsman

Batting options are Rayudu and Karthik :lol:

I like that line-up!

certainly worth trying out,

Lot of bowling options and combo of Jadhav-Shankar-Pandya gives you anyone of three able to play longish innings (50plus) or strike at 130 plus.

As long as top three perform like currently then these three coming in latter provides plenty late order muscle

No way we can play Shankar .what he done so we can play him .stupid 
How many chances he got...only one...
what can he do when he couldn't get a chance to bat...
His main skill is batting...

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

How many chances he got...only one...
what can he do when he couldn't get a chance to bat...
His main skill is batting...

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

I seen his batting qwality  in Nidhas trophy .lol

Shankar

Jadhav

Jadeja

Pandya is overhyped bambi quota

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Jadhav isn't an alrounder.

Technically, Jadhav and Shankar’s bowling is utility. But they are expected to bowl a few overs, which is why the term is used loosely here 

11 hours ago, test fan said:

In December last year in New Zealand, Vijay was entrusted with the responsibility of finishing the innings for India A, and he stepped up with a chart-topping 188 runs at an average of 94 and strike-rate of 105.02 in the side's 3-0 sweep of a strong New Zealand A in the List A series.

Vijay says that tackling different conditions - according to him, the pitches for the first two one-dayers were quick while the one for the third game was slow - and an international attack comprising Lockie Ferguson, James Neesham, Seth Rance and Doug Bracewell has tuned him up for his first ODI assignment.

"The A series in New Zealand was an eye-opener for me," Vijay says. "We were chasing 300 or more in the first two games and I was able to win it for my team against a quality attack. In the third match, the wicket got a bit slow and Rahul [Dravid] sir came up to me and said try to take the total to 250. I got around 45 and we went past the total and won. I was able to do what the team needed.

"The tour showed me I can stand up to one of the quickest bowlers [Lockie Ferguson] in the world. It was not just about hitting well. I believe I was able to control the innings well. And finishing the innings has been a great experience. When you go to different conditions and perform and learn, it definitely gives you a good feel."

15 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

In December last year in New Zealand, Vijay was entrusted with the responsibility of finishing the innings for India A, and he stepped up with a chart-topping 188 runs at an average of 94 and strike-rate of 105.02 in the side's 3-0 sweep of a strong New Zealand A in the List A series.

Vijay says that tackling different conditions - according to him, the pitches for the first two one-dayers were quick while the one for the third game was slow - and an international attack comprising Lockie Ferguson, James Neesham, Seth Rance and Doug Bracewell has tuned him up for his first ODI assignment.

"The A series in New Zealand was an eye-opener for me," Vijay says. "We were chasing 300 or more in the first two games and I was able to win it for my team against a quality attack. In the third match, the wicket got a bit slow and Rahul [Dravid] sir came up to me and said try to take the total to 250. I got around 45 and we went past the total and won. I was able to do what the team needed.

"The tour showed me I can stand up to one of the quickest bowlers [Lockie Ferguson] in the world. It was not just about hitting well. I believe I was able to control the innings well. And finishing the innings has been a great experience. When you go to different conditions and perform and learn, it definitely gives you a good feel."

Playing with India A or playing with India is a lot different .when u understand this u know ans 

2 hours ago, test fan said:

Playing with India A or playing with India is a lot different .when u understand this u know ans 

Lockie Ferguson and Doug Bracewell both played the 1st ODI on Wednesday. Even Jimmy Neesham and Seth Rance have played ODIs for New Zealand. The venue that India 'A' played at is the same venue as the 2nd and 3rd ODIs of this series.

Either way, you have to perform at domestic/'A' level to get to international level. International level players don't just come out of nowhere.

He's performed in an entire ODI series for India 'A' and you're judging him based on one T20I. I say give him a chance. If he fails, he fails and we move on, but we won't know without trying. There must be something about him if Rahul Dravid tried to push him up the order to No. 5.

Edited by TNAmarkFromIndia

Don't think Shankar's inclusion is a wise idea. He is still a rookie at international level.I would prefer only 2 all rounders at best, and if 3 are considered , would go with   Pandya,Jadhav & Jadeja .Jadeja may not be a brilliant one day bowler, but he can  save runs & pick wkts   with his fielding

15 hours ago, test fan said:

Woow....

How many matches? ....oops how many overs?

Pls give him some slack....

He just played one bloody T20 match...that too all important final...He came at the dearth overs....

Yes...he failed....but you need just one match to decide the fate of a player...

Dravid thinks he is handy allrounder....I am sure, you know more than him

3 hours ago, test fan said:

Yes..totally agree

But all our players came from first class cricket and A tours is the acid test to check, if they are good enough at the highest level...

MSD, Virat, Rahana, Rohit, Dhawan, Shami ....list is endless......All these guyz proved in the A tours before they were drafted in....

Yes!! Player needs to raise his level of expertise in intl matches but we dont know that until he is given a chance.

Vijay Shankar has passed the acid test of A tour...that too in alien conditions...so he deserve his chances...

Having said all this, Kohli will drop him in the next match as Pandya is back....and i totally support that...

But he should get his chance (may be after 3rd ODI) when kohli is rested and slot opens up...

With Hardik slated to be jettisoned to NZ, Ind could play a combination of 3 ARs / bits and pieces players 

Rohit
Dhawan
Gill
Dhoni
Jadhav
Shankar
Hardik
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal 

Instead of Shankar, play Jadeja.He at least will take 1 wicket. Superb Fielding to boot

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

It is outrageous to send Pandya to NZ in between a series ... Especially since the team is Winning..  his presence there can create a lot of problems.. people will again be asked to comment and God knows how it may impact the dressing room atmosphere.. I hope we do not discard Vijay without his own mistake first.. he has bowled decently till now if nothing great and has not had a chance with the bat yet

On 1/24/2019 at 11:43 PM, test fan said:

On 1/25/2019 at 11:32 AM, test fan said:

What did you think of his batting today?

7 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

What did you think of his batting today?

I think he did well today, looked a lot more assured against swing plus was rotating strike well till rayudu brainfart, so us considering our other options are raydud and karthik, he should deffo play considering dhoni is undropable

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

I think he did well today, looked a lot more assured against swing plus was rotating strike well till rayudu brainfart, so us considering our other options are raydud and karthik, he should deffo play considering dhoni is undropable

Yeah. Unfortunately for him, Dhoni and Rayudu won't be dropped and Karthik is a back-up for Dhoni. Shankar is a back-up for Pandya and both won't play in the XI together.

21 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Yeah. Unfortunately for him, Dhoni and Rayudu won't be dropped and Karthik is a back-up for Dhoni. Shankar is a back-up for Pandya and both won't play in the XI together.

Pandya's workload means injuries will never be far away.  Shankar will get his chances.  Probably after the WC though

On 1/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, WeStMiDz said:

Some people wanted Shankar as our test all rounder lol

Shankar looks a better bet for a Test all rounder than Pandya. We've clearly shown against Aus that we can win a Test series with 4 bowlers. Shankar's addition to the Test side (when it happens) would mean having a solid batsman who can chip in with a few overs to give the top 4 bowlers a break... Unlike Pandya, whose role is neither clearly defined as a bowler or a batsman in Tests.

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

Pandya's workload means injuries will never be far away.  Shankar will get his chances.  Probably after the WC though

I think Shankar should not be a back-up or replacement for Pandya. Pandya can sometimes bowl 10 good overs whereas Shankar can only be used at a certain time to get overs out of someone when the batsmen are not looking to attack. He's not a wicket-taking bowler at all. He can come in as a No. 5/No. 6 batsman but he can't be picked as the 5th bowler like Pandya.

Shastri made a point in his interview which I particularly liked the idea of padding the batting by playing more batsmen/allrounders which means Hardik could bat at number 8 which will allow us to recover from early setbacks,ask others to go hard since Dhoni is going to be Dhoni.

Rohit

Dhawan

Virat

Rayudu

Dhoni

Kedhar

Krunal/Shankar

Hardik

Shami

Chahal

Bumrah

5 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

Shastri made a point in his interview which I particularly liked the idea of padding the batting by playing more batsmen/allrounders which means Hardik could bat at number 8 which will allow us to recover from early setbacks,ask others to go hard since Dhoni is going to be Dhoni.

Rohit

Dhawan

Virat

Rayudu

Dhoni

Kedhar

Krunal/Shankar

Hardik

Shami

Chahal

Bumrah

dont like this idea, kuldeep shud play and for sure.........no need for such depth. The day u need it that day we wud already be screwed

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dont like this idea, kuldeep shud play and for sure.........no need for such depth. The day u need it that day we wud already be screwed

Last ODI in NZ series:dontknow:.The depth was what saved us you and you need depth to win a World Cup,remember Raina batted at number 7 in 2011.

There will inevitably come a time when you're top three are dismissed cheaply and you need to recover,even spinners need a good total to be effective,they're not magicians.

Edited by GautiMaan

1 minute ago, GautiMaan said:

Last ODI in NZ series:dontknow:.The depth was what saved us you and you need depth to win a World Cup,remember Raina batted at number 7 in 2011.

Till 7 its fine not more 

one game cnt be criteria, dont forget number of games kuldeep has won us . Opp fear him

1 minute ago, GautiMaan said:

There will inevitably come a time when you're top three are dismissed cheaply and you need to recover,even spinners need a good total to be effective,they're not magicians.

thats what ur middle order is for . Most days in eng it wud be patta wkts and u need highly skilled bowlers

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Till 7 its fine not more 

one game cnt be criteria, dont forget number of games kuldeep has won us . Opp fear him

thats what ur middle order is for . Most days in eng it wud be patta wkts and u need highly skilled bowlers

This must be the first time I'm disagreeing with the forum and agreeing with Shastri:cantstop:

Absolutely, because they all bat with an aggressive intent. And so does Vijay Shankar - don't mistake him with the bat. You saw his defensive game on Sunday (in Wellington). If he had been there for the last 8-10 overs, he would have spanked the bowling.

This aggressive intent adds flair to the Indian side. The best ODI sides in the world have proper batsmen at numbers 5, 6, 7, 8. Look at the Indian team in 1983, or even in 1985. Then, look at the 2011 Indian team. You had Suresh Raina coming in at number seven, and he won you games (against Australia in the quarter-final and Pakistan in the semi-final). With Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni and Raina at numbers 5, 6, 7, no side could relax. So when you have Hardik Pandya coming in at number 7 or even at 8, the opposition cannot relax.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Once again today the guy who scored the least was an allrounder and the worst pace bowler was AR. Facts, facts and more facts.

Thats why they are called all rounders . Using the word " Allrounder"  and not "Great Allrounder " . Tthey are not great at batting else they would be called top order bats. They are not great bowlers , else they would be called quality bowlers. This tribe which is below the rung of top drawer has a place in shorter formats , may not be in Tests. Expecting them to be better than top draw batsmen or to be better than pure bowlers is just foolish.

Edited by prudent_kreeda

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Expecting them to be better than top draw batsmen or to be better than pure bowlers is just foolish.

To add to it everyone knows that  Pandya bowled when Grandhomme was on fire and actually changed the momentum by picking his wkt .... Others gave runs early on before Krunal put the brakes, and then bowled once Grandhomme was back in the hut 

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Once again today the guy who scored the least was an allrounder and the worst pace bowler was AR. Facts, facts and more facts.

He was taken to cleaners today but he still remains one of our better LOI format player. Every cricketer has off day. What's the big deal in that.