Utthapa is a gem trumps Gambhir hands down in my view

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

Watched him bat finally in last game. He has this aura of arrogance about his batting. Front-foot play is top notch and even on back-foot I saw him playing effortless hook and pull. Didn't see any back-foot offside drive but if he can hook and pull I am sure he can play off-side backfoto strokes too. Let us persevere with this guy even if he goes out of form momentarily seems to be worth investment in every sense.

Re: Utthapa is a gem trumps Gambhir hands down in my view Am not so sure about Uthappa as a batsman. But he is definitely handy during the power plays. His ability to play the pull shot off even not so short of a length deliveries makes him very useful. He wont be successful everytime, plonking his foot forward & swinging thru the line. But atleast until he's found out, we can use him at the top. He must be asked to go & belt the cover off the ball from ball one, regardless of the situation. Thats the best way to use him. His job is to score a quickfire 50 in the first 8 overs. If he does that, he would have setup a great platform for a 300+ total.

Re: Utthapa is a gem trumps Gambhir hands down in my view

Am not so sure about Uthappa as a batsman. But he is definitely handy during the power plays. His ability to play the pull shot off even not so short of a length deliveries makes him very useful. He wont be successful everytime, plonking his foot forward & swinging thru the line. But atleast until he's found out, we can use him at the top. He must be asked to go & belt the cover off the ball from ball one, regardless of the situation. Thats the best way to use him. His job is to score a quickfire 50 in the first 8 overs. If he does that, he would have setup a great platform for a 300+ total.
Yes he is a bit of a wildcard we shouyld give him license to hit

Now presenting a Dasher from the land of great cricketers ... i.e Karnataka :wtg: We have had a 500 Test wkt taker we have had the fastest Indian Bowler We have had true artistic wizard in Vishy We have had a decent Allrounder in Binny and Joshi and of course we have had the great Wall and 2 of the best spinners : Chandra and Prasanna :hail::hail:
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: I never released all of the players

Now presenting a Dasher from the land of great cricketers ... i.e Karnataka :wtg: We have had a 500 Test wkt taker we have had the fastest Indian Bowler We have had true artistic wizard in Vishy We have had a decent Allrounder in Binny and Joshi and of course we have had the great Wall and 2 of the best spinners : Chandra and Prasanna :hail::hail:
mere pass Boss hai (old hindi movie style) :hmph:

I still think he is sh*t and that he would be figured out by any half-decent bowler (the only ones SL had were sitting on their @rses' date=' watching the games on TV), but let's see how he goes at the WC.[/quote'] Big destructive knocks against Pak, england, WI and now SL suggest otherwise. This guy can win us the WC. If we get to the final and he come off and gets 80 of 50 balls or something. It could be the difference to Dravid lifting the cup or not.