Harbhajan called "obnoxious little weed"

Feed

Lets see how they yap in Hindi? And they are not better just umpires/officials let them get away with it. We utter a word get fines/bans
yapping in hindi won't help much cause they won't understand what we say and it won't hurt as much. i don't know. while there are of course racist umpires and officials, our guys clearly don't know when to stay before the line and still irritate the cr@p out of the opponents without actually crossing it. we either have the harbhajan, sreesanth types or the dravid, tendulkar types.
You have obviously mis-interpreted level 3 offense reg. causing harm to player/spectator. That clause is valid only for instances like when Afridi hit a spectator with a bat' date=' not when two players on the field call on each other for a duel later on. There is a HUGE difference between joking around with a player on the field, and actually hitting someone or showing serious intent.[/quote'] No, what you say is attempt of assault. Level 3.3 is threat of assault. Verbal threat is also a threat. So, if Hayden had said this to an match official, would it be still considered joking? So, everyone can say he was just joking, thats an easy excuse, Had harbhajan said he was just calling symo a monkey for fun, would that be accepted? if not why now?
If it was a level 3 offense, why did you think Hayden openly admitted to it in the press conference ?
And if I kill some one and admit to killing someone, I didn't commit a crime? Lehman accepted of racially abusing Srilankans so he is not guilty?
And India dropping the charge against Hogg was a master-stroke, IMO. It really did turn the tide in our favor, as far as public opinion is concerned. Even a majority of the Aussies dont like the way their players play their cricket.
The tide was already in our favour, I won't say dropping the charges against Hogg was wrong, but it was done to reduce the air of tension and expecting a reciprocative action. Did it achieve that? Aussies still continue to Bad mouth indians and call us whiners while Indians get fined and keep quite on abuses hurled at them. It is a master stroke if you do it once, but, keep doing it, we might end up looking like a fool.
And are we taking this hands down ? No way, we have just written to match referee complaining about provocative Aussie behavior. Yes, our players have been the only ones who have been punished so far, but that doesnt mean we bow down in deference every time a player is fined.
No we haven't complained, read what soni said, they haven't logged a official complaint. Rather, they are asking him to talk to Ponting, so that the aussies don't provoke us. Knowing aussies, and from Haydens comments it sems to have no effect.
IMO, India has not only outplayed Aus on occasions on the cricket field, but they have also won the media and PR war. We have successfully highlighted what kind of bullies Aussies are on the field and public opinion, even amongst Aussies, was in our favor, following the Sydney test.
So what? you make every one know that some one is slapping you and he is a bully. And you continue to get slapped and you still do nothing but let the people know the other guys is bully. Again, for once, it is a master stroke, you do it repeatedly, you end up looking like a fool and get called for whining.
As I said, If we, or for that matter our opposition are to complain to the match referee every time something offensive is said, most of our players' time and fees will go in suspensions. I am sure the Match referee, and the umpires are fully aware of the Aussie behavior, be it Ponting giving that send-off to Bhajji or Symmonds and Hayden having a go at our players.
I never said we need to complain for every thing, now that Hayden has said this in the open, it is no more an on field issue, we need to hit back.

Relax folks. Hayden is making all these statements right after India qualified for the finals. He's always been the last mouth piece for the Aussies to ruffle India before an important match. If you guys can remember Hayden had a go at every Indian player prior 2003 series. I just hope this tactics of his back fires. It did back fire the last time around when India drew the test series. He's marked Bhajji and Ishant for special comments. That pretty much means they are wary of facing Ishant and Bhajji.

But overall, I do agree, over a period of time, It does seem as though Asian players have gotten the rough end of match-refreeing and White players seem to have gotten away, more often than not.
The above is the primary problem. Why the bias? How come BCCI is not putting their foot down on this bias nonsense? And we are treating beneficiaries of double standards, by inviting them for our event and throwing more $$$ at them!?
Its a comment made in jest mate' date=' no serious intent there. You have obviously not heard of the many encounters between Botham and Ian chappell. Such comments are made on the cricket field all the time. Cant be punishing players for these.[/quote'] So let Indians call Symo a monkey in a jest, lets see what happens.... Again past examples mean nothing. you are only saying that just because people do wrong we shouldn't correct them. And you are talking about a different era all together, where they didn't call the match referee for each and every thing.
Relax folks. Hayden is making all these statements right after India qualified for the finals. He's always been the last mouth piece for the Aussies to ruffle India before an important match. If you guys can remember Hayden had a go at every Indian player prior 2003 series. I just hope this tactics of his back fires. It did back fire the last time around when India drew the test series. He's marked Bhajji and Ishant for special comments. That pretty much means they are wary of facing Ishant and Bhajji.
the best way this is going to back fire, is to hand him out a ban...
The above is the primary problem. Why the bias? How come BCCI is not putting their foot down on this bias nonsense? And we are treating beneficiaries of double standards, by inviting them for our event and throwing more $$$ at them!?
I am sure the minute BCCI raises their voice...immediate shouts of "using financial clout" and "the richest board in the world...." would come into picture... more importantly, i dont think BCCI can officially do much about this. At best, it can protest and threaten,and it did do that in the important occasions be it ball tampering or racism issues. If we threaten at every turn, things are going to get on a war path..
I am sure the minute BCCI raises their voice...immediate shouts of "using financial clout" and "the richest board in the world...." would come into picture... more importantly, i dont think BCCI can officially do much about this. At best, it can protest and threaten,and it did do that in the important occasions be it ball tampering or racism issues. If we threaten at every turn, things are going to get on a war path..
Just lodge a complaint, Hayden has dug a deep hole, he would at least get a match ban...

now y is it that we have a prblm only with the aussies...we played 4 games with the lankans with the minimum of fuss..our last series against arch rivals and foes with pakistan was without incident..mind u i am not against sledging or gamesmanship or whatever it is called..but the language used by the aussie cricketers notably "punter,pup. symonds and now hayden is just not on.... It is high time cricket australia appoints a full time "cultural coach" and a" behavioral psycholgist" with the austalian cricket team... the incident between symonds and ishant made me wonder who is 19...!!!!!

So let Indians call Symo a monkey in a jest' date=' lets see what happens.... Again past examples mean nothing. you are only saying that just because people do wrong we shouldn't correct them. And you are talking about a different era all together, where they didn't call the match referee for each and every thing.[/quote'] Exactly....I guess its ok for Bhajji to call Hayden a scumbag in the next press conference.Would that qualify as humor:D

Check this out...!!! interesting letter.... Dear Ricky, Humility makes men look twice as honourable. As an impressionable youth who started following cricket in the early 90s, your team found a fan in one for the resilient brand of cricket it played under Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh. As someone who appreciates cricket played the hard way, nothing gladdened one's heart more than the sight of a brave Steve Waugh scoring two hundreds on one leg in the Ashes of 1997, or the punts Taylor took to inject life into dead games, often thinking more about cricket's interest than winning or losing. Allan Border made your team courageous. Taylor made them consistent, and Waugh took them to invincibility. Yet, these three eras had one thing in common: the will to win wasn't alienated from respect for opponents. Australia was the team one loved to see win. Also because its players were never heard on radio calling an opponent an "obnoxious little weed." Which brings us to you and your men, Ricky. There's no doubting your muscle. Australia are strong as a thoroughbred, making cricket look like a one-horse race. But when it comes to humility, you are as graceless as a three-legged donkey. Are you from the same country as the great Bradman, whose greatness was matched only by the modesty and gentleness with which he was known to conduct himself? When one looks at the Australian team today, one sees a bunch of smug beings who lack respect for their peers, and are given to dishonesty and double-speak (as we saw in Sydney, twice over) and their desire to win is as conspicuous by its presence as their arrogance. For the Don's sake, Ricky, open your eyes. Are you blind? Do you not see what you've done to your team's reputation? Why is that team after team has a problem with the conduct of your men? Why must the talk of sledging arise only when Australia play? Graeme Smith, Stephen Fleming, Rahul Dravid, Mahela Jayawardene, Brian Lara, Inzamam-ul Haq --- is there a captain in your time who hasn't had a problem with the unsubtle abuse your team has subjected him to? Has the meaning of the word 'decent' changed since the time one looked it up? Or must your desire to win overpower everything considered decent on a cricket field? Don Bradman, Sachin Tendulkar, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Justin Henin, Tiger Woods --- are these small names? No. Are they great? Yes. Do we love them? Yes. Why? One word: grace. Here you are, having won every accolade imaginable at cricket's highest stage. A World Cup here, a Champions Trophy there. Ashes now, a Frank Worrell then. There's nothing left for you to win. Yet there's one thing you may never be able to win as captain. Hearts. Sincerely, A Cricket Fan source : ndtv...

You guys seriously need to relax a bit. This is common banter before finals. Indian team and its fans are seriously looking like a bunch of whiners everytime they complain the minute an Aussie opens his mouth. Best way to shut up the Aussies is to win versus them and ram home the point that you don't need to chirp away like the uncouth semi-civilized Aussies to win matches ( they seem to think that you need to be a foulmouth uncouth retard to get some sort of mental edge). Going whining at the umpire, demanding bans, etc. are simply copouts from the inferior team. Beat them on field consistently ( ie, WIN a few test series vs them) and they will shut up. Whining away will only further reinforce the fact that Indian fans/team are whiners.

You guys seriously need to relax a bit. This is common banter before finals. Indian team and its fans are seriously looking like a bunch of whiners everytime they complain the minute an Aussie opens his mouth. Best way to shut up the Aussies is to win versus them and ram home the point that you don't need to chirp away like the uncouth semi-civilized Aussies to win matches ( they seem to think that you need to be a foulmouth uncouth retard to get some sort of mental edge). Going whining at the umpire, demanding bans, etc. are simply copouts from the inferior team. Beat them on field consistently ( ie, WIN a few test series vs them) and they will shut up. Whining away will only further reinforce the fact that Indian fans/team are whiners.
its not about whining every time an aussie says something its about ICC bias, if any of our players were to do something like the aussies have done, we would recieve bans and fines and such, yet aussies get away with everything
yet aussies get away with everything
#1 teams that are 'dynasties' (ie, dominating the scene for a VERY LONG TIME) get a little more leeway in conduct/scheduling than others- that is not just cricket, that is in every sport. The Lakers had the best schedule in the league during the Kobe-Shaq era, the Red Wings have the best NHL schedule and refs are easier on their bodychecks than any other team. And you'd be kidding if you think Barcelona/Real Madrid, Juventus,ManU,Aresnal, etc. don't get slight favouritism from the refs/schedulers in soccer. That comes with the territorry- its not something to whine about really. They are #1, indisputable #1 i might add- and as such, its not that big a deal if the indisputable #1 team gets away with the occasional 50-50 decision or slangfest.
1. Ishant fined for verbals, symonds gets away scott free 2. Ponting send off to bhaji nothing happens, Ishant next game fined. 3. Deness fines india for over appealing and anything else he could think of. Warne and co overappealed for anything for over a decade and still do, nothing happens. 4. Bhaiji racism - aussie word given priority over indian word 5. Shoking bias umpiring cost us test series same happened in 2004 series. 6. Ponting gives a player out umpire just goes along with it 7. Mcgrath abuses Sarwan not even warning to Mcgrath Do you need more?
Add to that McGrath spitting at Lara and only getting away with a fine. ICC didn't suspend him.
Seriously I have had it after sharma fine and now twat hayden saying stuff like this on brisbane radio. :angry_smile: Nothing has changed since we protested of shoking treatment to bhaji in tests and shoking umpiring. 1. all aussie contacts in ipl should be cancelled 2. pull out of tour now. 3. suspend all cricket and political relations with aussies 4. as i said after bhaji racism lies declare war 5. ban donny from ICF
What's the big deal about Bhajji being called 'an obnoxious little weed' ?? Sounds like a fairly accurate description. I'm sure he'd take it as a compliment - as you would if you had any idea of what it means. :regular_smile:
What's the big deal about Bhajji being called 'an obnoxious little weed' ?? Sounds like a fairly accurate description. I'm sure he'd take it as a compliment - as you would if you had any idea of what it means. :regular_smile:
I love you Donny- you cheeky Monkey with a big maa ki.......... Now thank me for the accurate description and the complimet- if you have any idea what it means :regular_smile: