The only way we can win WC2019

Since RSA away series in 2018, India have followed the following pattern in ODIs. Let the bowling attack grind down the opposition batsmen and our batting picks off the ruins. In this manner, our team has been able to accommodate batting under performers like MSD, Rayudu and Rahane. The one series when we didn't have our gun bowling attack on song (Bumrah injured, Bhuvi half fit) we got exposed. See below:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18018/scorecard/1119548/england-vs-india-3rd-odi-ind-in-eng-2018

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18018/game/1119547/england-vs-india-2nd-odi-ind-in-eng-2018

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18018/game/1119546/england-vs-india-1st-odi-ind-in-eng-2018

Same will happen in upcoming world cup, if our bowling attack fires- we are ok but the day someone gets a hold of our bowling attack e.g. Fakhar Zaman we will be horribly exposed and there will be no coming back. Why are we putting up with this garbage when India has a wealth of batting talent. MSD and Rayudu are obvious issues but Rohit can also be a problem. 

Personally I would introduce Prithvi Shaw to the top order in place of Rohit- he has a better technique and is more explosive. Move Rohit to the middle order. Not many will know how to play prithvi so surprise factor will help. Also Pant has to come in place of Dhoni. Otherwise the day someone gets a hold of a bowling attack, it's gonna be game over for India. 

Rohit will be useless in middle order. If you can't play him as opener then don't play him. But i don't think he is that bad as people make it out to be. The biggest reason why our batting scores consistently is him & kohli. For dhoni i don't think he is going anywhere after avg of 240+ which velu spammed everywhere.

Edited by Nikola

We screwed up CT because we kept playing the same 11 throughout the tournament. It was clear Ashwin and Jadeja were not upto the scracth, bowling very defensively but we persisted with them instead of looking at Shami, an attacking option in the finals. 

Now we have Kuldeep and Chahal and only rarely both have failed simultaneously. With Bumrah and Shami as othr two pacer,s it gives us 4 attacking options instead of just 1 in Bumrah in that CT final. So we are better covered in bowling.

Our bigger worry remains how the middle order responds when we are 30/3, 50/3, even 70/3 kind of situations with the big 3 back in pavillion in irst 15 overs, the currently middle order does not give any confidence. Among Rayudu, DK and Jadhav, to me only Jadhav looks like a confirmed selection. Thats why Rayudu and DK are getting more chances to bat. Hopefully we get to see Gill bat in next 5 matches and Pant later in March when we play Aus.

3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Among Rayudu, DK and Jadhav, to me only Jadhav looks like a confirmed selection. Thats why Rayudu and DK are getting more chances to bat.

another angle of thought :hail: 

i thought raydudu is ceratin , thats why he keeps getting chances to establish himself

36 minutes ago, velu said:

another angle of thought :hail: 

i thought raydudu is ceratin , thats why he keeps getting chances to establish himself

Rayudu got dropped in Australia, as did DK. Jadhav with his part time spins trumps over both.

Pandya is almost a confirmed selection and Kohli would want someone in the top 6 who can bowl. With Rayudu banned, only Jadhav can do that. Rohit and Kohli will not bowl due to their back issues. This is why I think Jadhav will be there and the other two positions are still open. Could be totally wrong.

Bat first in a KO match, and I can't emphasize this point enough. With a fragile middle order we will crack chasing even a 260 total in SF/F irrespective of how flat the pitch is....no dew in England to take advantage of either. Even if we win the toss will Kohli's ego allow himself to make the right call? In his mind he is a chase master but history points differently, and cricket isn't a one man sport. That 2017 CT final was lost at the toss, clear blue skies, baking hot sun, no wind, no humidity, no chance of dew later in the day, Pak historically poor chasers, we beat them in group match batting 1st in overcast conditions, 2 spinners....and what did Captain Wrogn do?

Edited by Gollum
17 minutes ago, Switchankit said:

till kohli doesnt learn control his nerves. 

Mistakes will happen things will not go in ur way but dont loose ur nerves....if he does it will impact his team which was very evident in CT 2017 and ganguly in all the finals he captained

Dude you are having issues with your original icf account? Or whats going on? Forgot password?

Avoid Injuries.

I believe performance wise this is the best team we ever had going into a WC. Even in 2011 we weren't winning as much. But the key players need to be fit to make it count. 

It's a long tournament (just after IPL), thus managing the workload so that we play our best XI in crucial games is vital. 

The importance of the top 3, Bumrah and the spinners can't be stressed enough but even players like Pandya and Jadhav are essential for the balance of the team. Only Rayudu, Bhuvi and Dhoni are somewhat replaceable.

Edited by AuxiliA

No chance,rohit is an ATG opener.Shaw will play tests and wait in ODIs for 2-3 years until dhawan is 36.(he's 34 this year).KL rahul is also a backup option.Then get gill in at 4.Iyer/agarwal at 5(or play shaw),pant at 6.Pandya/abhishek sharma/krunal/dubey at 7.This will happen after wc though.

For wc hope gill at 4.

Edited by Tendulkar1996
10 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

No chance,rohit is an ATG opener.Shaw will play tests and wait in ODIs for 2-3 years until dhawan is 36.(he's 34 this year).KL rahul is also a backup option.Then get gill in at 4.Iyer/agarwal at 5(or play shaw),pant at 6.Pandya/abhishek sharma/krunal/dubey at 7.This will happen after wc though.

For wc hope gill at 4.

he is when bowling attack is sub standard/track is very flat. On very slightly bowler friendly track or vs good attack is a sitting duck. People struggle to appreciate that 250 odd vs SL on a patta doesn't help you in overcast conditions in headingly. Rohit's test career is further testament to his inability to handle quality bowling.