test fan

I was not even 10% of what Shubman gill is when I was 19 - Virat Kohli

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

^ Thanks for media/corporate/fanbase view. My problem with Kohli is, He himself seem to be having too many fights.

RCB kid Sarfaraz: Kohli screwed him.

Kumble: Kohli screwed him

Gambhir: Kohli had a public spat

Rohit and Dhawan: Clearly ignore him

Current Indian team: No one seems to be talking to him

Many Ex-Players: Openly wait for a opportunity to criicise Kohli or wait for him to fail. Else they keep mum/neutral.

Chris Gayle: It was rumored that they werent best of buddies in RCB

Either Kohli is only person correct in the dressing room or he is simply not a person to be around. Some may say that he doesnt need to be nice person as his job is batting and captaincy, but clearly, cricket is a team sport. Team needs to respond to the call.

You can make up that list even longer and continue with your hyperbole.

People said same when Rahul was going well that Kohli is trying to hide him because he is a threat.

I say - how negative and low one can get to think such stuff that some of stature like Kohli would be worried about limelight at this point of his career?

You really are trying to make something out of nothing.

i looked at your points again which you raised and can’t laugh more about him screewing screwing sarfaraz or kumble or where you raised Dhawana and Rohit clearly ifnore him.

I mean where do yiu get this inside information.

It feels people blame media but people themselves want to create more consipiacies than the media.

I know fans like masala but this is absurd. 

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You can make up that list even longer and continue with your hyperbole.

People said same when Rahul was going well that Kohli is trying to hide him because he is a threat.

I say - how negative and low one can get to think such stuff that some of stature like Kohli would be worried about limelight at this point of his career?

You really are trying to make something out of nothing.

i looked at your points again which you raised and can’t laugh more about him screewing screwing sarfaraz or kumble or where you raised Dhawana and Rohit clearly ifnore him.

I mean where do yiu get this inside information.

It feels people blame media but people themselves want to create more consipiacies than the media.

I know fans like masala but this is absurd. 

Facts dont matchup. I can gurantee you wont have such opinion once you watch a complete game. Even better, attend one and see how players take direction from Kohli albeit not take directions from Kohli.

How many times have you seen, players running to Kohli after taking a wicket?

How many times have you seen Kohli Dhwan or Kohli Rohit or Kohli Thala or Kohli-xyz bat talking in middle while batting? Other pairs all over world do.

And offcourse, Things i mentioned, just spend some time and effort, keep open mind, You may find some stuff around those incident.

Its not masala, Loosing CT to lowly Pakistan was is and will remain lowest point. BTW, icfers  supported Yuvi selection on this forum and  went xtra extra miles justifying Pujara exclusion too. I do remember those discussions

35 minutes ago, mishra said:

^ Thanks for media/corporate/fanbase view. My problem with Kohli is, He himself seem to be having too many fights.

RCB kid Sarfaraz: Kohli screwed him.

Kumble: Kohli screwed him

Gambhir: Kohli had a public spat

Rohit and Dhawan: Clearly ignore him

Current Indian team: No one seems to be talking to him

Many Ex-Players: Openly wait for a opportunity to criicise Kohli or wait for him to fail. Else they keep mum/neutral.

Chris Gayle: It was rumored that they werent best of buddies in RCB

Either Kohli is only person correct in the dressing room or he is simply not a person to be around. Some may say that he doesnt need to be nice person as his job is batting and captaincy, but clearly, cricket is a team sport. Team needs to respond to the call.

for what its worth

He is the arguably the best Indian batsman after Sunil Gavaskar. and he made an utter **** Indian bowling attack into a world-beating one literally as a captain. 

16 hours ago, mishra said:

Thanks for the gem icfers keep missing. I guess Kohli flew from England to select Hanuma Vihari in nets after seeing Karun Nair in English nets.

Also, Poor Kohli is left with no alternatives but to choose on yester years failures like DK, Rayudhu. Selectors specifically select players for bench purpose ony

Did you ever hear anyone call Vihari as special..  didn't we hear how imran used to select specials from mohallahs in Pak and they turn out to be greats.. our TM should atleast watch highlights and throw their hat..

16 hours ago, gakgupta said:

We cant be so sure....

Kohli would have known this boy but never choose to spoke about him..

May be, he is the one who pushed for his inclusion.....We never know

I do hope that Kohli and TM have some preferences about the squat that they get. Point is that special talent needs faster grooming.. 

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

How did Gill look today?

He was looking good but then he got a 140k short ball right on his helmet from Boult and that shook him up a bit after which he looked uncertain.

Looks like someone who has great temperament and very elegant timer but will have trouble against genuine pace early on from the looks of it. Then again so did Kohli at the start.

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

for what its worth

He is the arguably the best Indian batsman after Sunil Gavaskar. and he made an utter **** Indian bowling attack into a world-beating one literally as a captain. 

My issue is not with Kohli the bat. I fully believe that India has got 11 players who can play and win any series anywhere, but since Kohli took the reigns, the progress has been either very very slow or negative. Even instance where progress has been made, It was only after a clear signal from Gavaskar / BCCI went to Shashtri and co that questions will be raised and they will be held accountable. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

He was looking good but then he got a 140k short ball right on his helmet from Boult and that shook him up a bit after which he looked uncertain.

Looks like someone who has great temperament and very elegant timer but will have trouble against genuine pace early on from the looks of it. Then again so did Kohli at the start.

yeah .. too early to judge

even pant struggled vs windies and got dropped .. we know abt out  current pant :p:

To those who are saying he needs to work on his game against short pitch, this guy is one of the best pullers and hook player of his age have seen him cut and pull with utter disdain, probably the nerves got to him, also playing in India and going to NZ the mental adjustment needs time. So does body 

23 hours ago, Stradlater said:

He looked good from whatever little we saw him of today. Promising talent this kid is.

What is more important is....captain and selectors should sustain with him and give atleast 10 games before you take a call on him...

What is being done to Siraj, Shankar and khaleel is unfair

I have played little bit of cricket (not on highest level) and It will be really disheartening to be in and out and might dent the confidence...(again it totally depends on the personality)..

Hopefully this kid will be treated with some respect and will be given fair chances

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

To those who are saying he needs to work on his game against short pitch, this guy is one of the best pullers and hook player of his age have seen him cut and pull with utter disdain, probably the nerves got to him, also playing in India and going to NZ the mental adjustment needs time. So does body 

His short hand jab is the best I have seen and next only to Ponting...

He is a All-Condition player

21 hours ago, mishra said:

My issue is not with Kohli the bat. I fully believe that India has got 11 players who can play and win any series anywhere, but since Kohli took the reigns, the progress has been either very very slow or negative. Even instance where progress has been made, It was only after a clear signal from Gavaskar / BCCI went to Shashtri and co that questions will be raised and they will be held accountable. 

OMG...Progress is slow??

Just check how many ODI's we have won in SA, AUSTRALIA, NZ and what it was before ...

Hope you would have realized that we are taking 20 wickets almost every single test match...which never used to happen unless pitch was assisting spin bowling

11 hours ago, gakgupta said:

OMG...Progress is slow??

Just check how many ODI's we have won in SA, AUSTRALIA, NZ and what it was before ...

Hope you would have realized that we are taking 20 wickets almost every single test match...which never used to happen unless pitch was assisting spin bowling

That progress is despite Kohli Shashtri pulling down the entire team.

You wont find single person appreciating Shashtri for "some unknown reason". Kohli is complicit too, but unlike Shashtri, He has ensured, "a him" as dependency to Indian team in the eyes of fans.

So either start singing praises for Shashtri as well or accept Kohli is root cause of slow progress

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Need a hundred desperately next match,otherwise he wont get picked for ODIs vs aus.Then pant will be last hope.

I dont think he needs to do that much. I also dont think he was rattled by ball hitting his helmet.

When he came to bat we were 1 down. Then we lost Rohit, Rayudhu, then DK. Any yougster will be rattled and will be under tremendous pressure if wickets fall like cards on other end.

Credit to him he lasted that long.

Both him and Rohit got out same way, I do not know if I can call that a good thing or bad thing in terms of quality.

Edited by mishra

50 minutes ago, flamy said:

Please stop making a messiah out of a 19-year old. He deserves a good long run, WC or not.

I'm not saying he wont get chances after wc if he fails here.He is one for the future,but due to our middle order crisis we need either gill or pant or ideally both to fire before world cup so atleast 1 is in the team.Better than rayudud or DK at least.If we dont take pant we will have no accelerators or lefthanded batsmen in middle order.Without gill we are stuck with rayudud at 4 or dhoni at 4.

Edited by Tendulkar1996

1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

I'm not saying he wont get chances after wc if he fails here.He is one for the future,but due to our middle order crisis we need either gill or pant or ideally both to fire before world cup so atleast 1 is in the team.Better than rayudud or DK at least.If we dont take pant we will have no accelerators or lefthanded batsmen in middle order.Without gill we are stuck with rayudud at 4 or dhoni at 4.

I get the desperation :-)

It is still a lot to put on a 19 year old kid.

Let's see what happens. Pant might make it to the squad in place of DK.

That progress is despite Kohli Shashtri pulling down the entire team.
You wont find single person appreciating Shashtri for "some unknown reason". Kohli is complicit too, but unlike Shashtri, He has ensured, "a him" as dependency to Indian team in the eyes of fans.

So either start singing praises for Shashtri as well or accept Kohli is root cause of slow progress

I beg to differ with you...

Progress cannot be made without vision and hardwork...

I have a small company with just 6 employees.

Just to create this small venture, it required lots of hardwork, vision and leadership skills.

There is a huge progress in indian team and I strongly believe that there should be lots of hardwork, vision , passion and finally love for the nation.

I credit it to Kohli. Yes, he has made lots of mistakes esp with the selection. But, he should be given credit where it's due

PS: I am not a fan of Shastri nor his unconditional love for Mumbai lobby

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, gakgupta said:

I beg to differ with you...

Progress cannot be made without vision and hardwork...

I have a small company with just 6 employees.

Just to create this small venture, it required lots of hardwork, vision and leadership skills.

There is a huge progress in indian team and I strongly believe that there should be lots of hardwork, vision , passion and finally love for the nation.

I credit it to Kohli. Yes, he has made lots of mistakes esp with the selection. But, he should be given credit where it's due

PS: I am not a fan of Shastri nor his unconditional love for Mumbai lobby

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Indian cricket Is built on hard work of various Atgs , their fans and BCCI. Srini mama in recent interview said a very basic thing. Indian criicket is progressing and will progress because fundamentals are strong. People love it, people play it. So whatever , however ICC Manohar stabs, it will still keep on improving.

Srini Mamas  statement is valid for Kohli and Shashtri too. 

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Gill is not ready

If your basis are last 2 inning than who is ready. Do you think Rayadu, dhoni, karthik, Rohit and dhawan are ready for these kind of pitches?

Too much to expect a youngster to score in swing friendly conditions and against fielders who don't drop catches.  Can't dismiss a player in 2 matches even though he looked troubled by bouncer and lack of strike rotation. Needs to be given the next series versus Australia. That series  is at home and he will score some runs in familiar conditions and get some much needed experience at this level which is a different level altogether than what it is at Under 19.  He is not the only Indian batsman to look like rabbit whenever there is movement. Give him some more time .

Edited by Straight Drive

4 minutes ago, VT87 said:

First KL Rahul and now this gill the heck icf hyping machine on full power   :facepalm:

Everyone apart from Kohli is rubbish in tough conditions. To expect an inexperienced player who is looking to adjust to this level is too much, isn't it. Having said that there is a lot of hype about him and he or anyone hyped so much will find it tough to live up to expectations generated by Kohl's comments.

On 1/28/2019 at 9:50 AM, vijay50 said:

Stop hyping. Lets judge Gill after 50+ onedayers.

I said this before Gill played. International cricket is different ball game.

Kohli should not have hyped him and Gill needs time and reasonably longer rope at 4 or 5 after WC.

over hyping to sky high levels  before getting started. Once starts and fails in mere 2 inns, severely criticizing ....can't really understand the thought process of some people here...Give it a break ... he is only 19 ...Can have enough chances to prove his mettle.

2 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Too much to expect a youngster to score in swing friendly conditions and against fielders who don't drop catches.  Can't dismiss a player in 2 matches even though he looked troubled by bouncer and lack of strike rotation. Needs to be given the next series versus Australia. That series  is at home and he will score some runs in familiar conditions and get some much needed experience at this level which is a different level altogether than what it is at Under 19.  He is not the only Indian batsman to look like rabbit whenever there is movement. Give him some more time .

No one is dismissing him after two matches.. But putting loads of pressure on him, rushing him to the XI and expect him to delivery big daddy hundreds so he can get into the WC squad was very bizzare.. He is one for the future, but is very raw now... needs to get some time in domestics, and make his way back to internationals in a couple of years, so he can be ready for 2023 WC

15 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

No one is dismissing him after two matches.. But putting loads of pressure on him, rushing him to the XI and expect him to delivery big daddy hundreds so he can get into the WC squad was very bizzare.. He is one for the future, but is very raw now... needs to get some time in domestics, and make his way back to internationals in a couple of years, so he can be ready for 2023 WC

If you read some comments online, they are indeed very dismissive of him. 

The results will not at all times justify the selection, but there was nothing wrong in trying him in playing 11.

If he had got his debut in home conditions it could have been easy for him,but Nz is a tough place to judge a youngster,

We should be patient with him, we have been crying with Pant there where he hardly got opportunity (in lois)

But when he got his chances in longest format he fetched us results,need to be patient with Gill

Atleast Wait for his batting in Indian conditions

And Gill too should remain focused 

8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

If you read some comments online, they are indeed very dismissive of him. 

The results will not at all times justify the selection, but there was nothing wrong in trying him in playing 11.

My criticism is of people that were vehemently demanding his selection in the XI and calling Kohli names because he benched Gill for 3 matches... He is good talent, but projecting him as the second coming of Bradman already blaming everybody because he is made to wait is ridiculous.