Fans Call Cheteshwar Pujara "Cheater" For Escaping Dismissal During Ranji Trophy Semi-final

vayuu1

6 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Well, he could have walked.

Again, he was well within his rights to stand there, no doubt. But then again he ought a have walked.

People may not like it here. But even this is a subtle form of cheating. It's the ugly truth. Same like Stuart Broad in ashes and michael clarke edging and standing to kumble.

There are times you are given out.. when you are not. It will ecen out

34 minutes ago, maniac said:

When I was younger I used to think among the south states Keralites and Tamilians have a strong language feeling where as Andhra and Karnataka were kind of the forgotten states.

However there must have been some Taliban kind of a ethnic/ language based movement in Karnataka recently as I see Kannadigas have become very radical. They have superseded every other language based group in India in terms of this. 

Examples- we set up a Ganesh pandal in my apartments in Hyderabad. Our aparatment hires a priest  during this time.

There is this Kannada aunty who ensures that she hires only a Kannada priest if she is in charge of organizing the festival that year.Not that anyone cares but she found a Kannada speaking priest in Hyderabad, kudos to her rashtra Bhakti :hatsoff:

Similarly back in the day most of my Kannada friends used to watch Telugu movies. These days they refuse to watch anything other than “Kannada” Movies :hmmmm2:

I heard Karnataka even banned regional movies.

They are forming cliques in offices which is the birthright of Telugu caste groups,Gujjus  and Tamilians. What is going on?

Now they are booing Indian hero Pujara.

Is Karnataka being Talibanized :nervous:

Maybe deserves its own thread @coffee_rules @diga @Lannister @Kannadiga @jalebi_bhai

@philcric

We have even booed Gavaskar when he did bat left handed to deny Kar an outright victory, Sachin was booed by Mumabi fans in 2006. Why is Cheateshwar any better? Is he a Holy Cow? He did it twice, he took advantage of not having DRS, this victory is tainted. I will support Wasim Jaffer in the the final, will do a homa for Sau to fail in the final. I have always favored him in the Indian team and will continue to do, he is my fav player in the Indian team. But, regional rivalry when it comes to that, nobody gives in. 

Bowlers appeal when batsman have not edged and get away with a wicket. Sometimes it is going to be compensated by luck as well in a big career. Hence, I do not find it wrong that batsman take the advantage when they get one as they do take wrong appeals in their stride. Bowlers don't call batsmen back when umpires succumb to pressure or make error in judgement.

As for crowd, they were supporting Karnataka. If this match was played in Gujarat and Karnataka player had got benefit, Gujarat supporters too would have behaved like this. Booing happens in every country. No set of fans can claim to be saints here.

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

We have even booed Gavaskar when he did bat left handed to deny Kar an outright victory, Sachin was booed by Mumabi fans in 2006. Why is Cheateshwar any better? Is he a Holy Cow? He did it twice, he took advantage of not having DRS, this victory is tainted. I will support Wasim Jaffer in the the final, will do a homa for Sau to fail in the final. I have always favored him in the Indian team and will continue to do, he is my fav player in the Indian team. But, regional rivalry when it comes to that, nobody gives in. 

Boo MSD next time in Bangalore and I will join the Kannada pride movement. Deal? :five:

15 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

So, we chose to call him Cheateshwar, fair enough. It was a crucial wicket. He had done that even in the first innings. Serial offender.  You reap what you sow, when a umpire gives his wicket when he was not out, I will not call him unlucky. I will call it bad karma.

He did it twice? 

15 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

So, we chose to call him Cheateshwar, fair enough. It was a crucial wicket. He had done that even in the first innings. Serial offender.  You reap what you sow, when a umpire gives his wicket when he was not out, I will not call him unlucky. I will call it bad karma.

Has every Karnataka batsman walked when not given out on a nick?  

whingealuru city, must be that "bad karma' why RCB can't win IPL in spite of having ABDV, Virat, Gayle etc and that too in their primes.

34 minutes ago, maniac said:

When I was younger I used to think among the south states Keralites and Tamilians have a strong language feeling where as Andhra and Karnataka were kind of the forgotten states.

However there must have been some Taliban kind of a ethnic/ language based movement in Karnataka recently as I see Kannadigas have become very radical. They have superseded every other language based group in India in terms of this. 

Examples- we set up a Ganesh pandal in my apartments in Hyderabad. Our aparatment hires a priest  during this time.

There is this Kannada aunty who ensures that she hires only a Kannada priest if she is in charge of organizing the festival that year.Not that anyone cares but she found a Kannada speaking priest in Hyderabad, kudos to her rashtra Bhakti :hatsoff:

Similarly back in the day most of my Kannada friends used to watch Telugu movies. These days they refuse to watch anything other than “Kannada” Movies :hmmmm2:

I heard Karnataka even banned regional movies.

They are forming cliques in offices which is the birthright of Telugu caste groups,Gujjus  and Tamilians. What is going on?

Now they are booing Indian hero Pujara.

Is Karnataka being Talibanized :nervous:

Maybe deserves its own thread @coffee_rules @diga @Lannister @Kannadiga @jalebi_bhai

@philcric

Regarding the language issue, it's just a bunch of politically motivated clowns in Bengaluru. Heard of some silly incidents from my uncle where there was vandalism for playing Tamil songs during Ganesh chaturthi and this was 20+ years back. Karnataka is linguistically very diverse so all this only flies in certain pockets. For example, the second capital of Karnataka is Belgaum and there is a very sizable Marathi speaking population there, so all this Kannadiga ultras non-sense won't fly there.  

Regarding the Pujara incident, it's just plain frustration, that's it.

If umpires give wrong decision,batsmen gets out. Fielding teams even if they know batsmen is not out,usually over appeal to pressure umpires to give out.If fans want honesty only from batsmen,they should also want bowlers and fielders to be honest.

Let's say batsmen does walk out.But in dressing room,it comes to notice that it was a no ball.What happens then?Will the fielding team call batsman back?The whole situation will be messy.

In my opinion,batsman have every right to not walk .

20 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

In that case, you can take this as Karnataka being punished for some bad karma :dontknow:

11 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

As for crowd, they were supporting Karnataka. If this match was played in Gujarat and Karnataka player had got benefit, Gujarat supporters too would have behaved like this. Booing happens in every country. No set of fans can claim to be saints here.

That is an assumption 

15 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Regarding the language issue, it's just a bunch of politically motivated clowns in Bengaluru. Heard of some silly incidents from my uncle where there was vandalism for playing Tamil songs during Ganesh chaturthi and this was 20+ years back. Karnataka is linguistically very diverse so all this only flies in certain pockets. For example, the second capital of Karnataka is Belgaum and there is a very sizable Marathi speaking population there, so all this Kannadiga ultras non-sense won't fly there.  

Regarding the Pujara incident, it's just plain frustration, that's it.

Also to be fair, Banglore has seen a massive influx of non-kannada speaking population drawn in by the IT industry, some level of frustration is normal.  See how Bombay went through its share of dealing with "lungi wallas" etc few decades back - that's how the Shiv Sena was born.  Hopefully, with higher education levels and better economic conditions, such reactionary stuff just fades away with bit more time.  

21 minutes ago, diehardpacer said:

If umpires give wrong decision,batsmen gets out. Fielding teams even if they know batsmen is not out,usually over appeal to pressure umpires to give out.If fans want honesty only from batsmen,they should also want bowlers and fielders to be honest.

Let's say batsmen does walk out.But in dressing room,it comes to notice that it was a no ball.What happens then?Will the fielding team call batsman back?The whole situation will be messy.

In my opinion,batsman have every right to not walk .

Pointnis that when umpire gets wrong. We call umpire out. Here umpire was wrong and batsman too, so why not call batsman out too.

Its fair. No one is hanging Pujara or pushing him of the clip. People hears about this incident and just pointed out that Pujara wasn’t right.

Thats it, nothing to be defensive about this. Many top players have done this and will continue to do do.

But ome shouldn’t come out defendinfnplayer that he is a priest or something.

Pujara was wrong, umpire was wronf and Crowd reaction was the worst who lost it.

Simple as that. Now no one needs to defend anyone.